Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Mod + tank recommendations help me quit!

AVF Regular

Post Mod + tank recommendations help me quit!

Good evening AVF long time lurker here and thought I'd finally sign up get involved and ask for some advice, as I've really been struggling to any some decisions. Currently trying to give up the dirty analogue cigs, tried vaping in conjunction with nicotine patches but that didn't go so well. So currently have 1 liter of 36mg coming from MFS and hoping that arrives soon and I can get started.

So at the moment I have an Innokin endura T22, which I have no complaints about at all. But really would like a back up mod/one to use around the house and use the T22 for work or out and about. I know the internal battery will at some point die, so sort of looking for one to eventually replace it.

(I have done hours of research and looking through older posts but can't make any decisions) Basically looking for a good MTL setup that will let me change things up till I find my preferred style and is stress free while trying to move from smoking to vaping.

Mod: Just want something well built that is known to last. As long as it has replaceable batteries eg. 18650s (I do prefer a longer battery life before charges) and also want it to have VW. not to fussed about TC and everything else yet. Did look at the Istick 60w TC mod, koopor mini 60w TC mod and also the RX200s but everything seems to have mixed reviews and issues.

Tank: Like something well built. I prefer bigger capacity tanks, something that doesn't leak, top filling (makes it easy and less messy but open to other options), replaceable coils that have a wide range of different ohm coils to suit that tank (not looking for sub ohm coils or rebuildables yet) had looked at the Aspire nautilus series, Joytech cubid, Kanger aero/pro tank type series (coils were not to expensive and gave a wider range for resistances of the coils)

Just wanted to know what people have used and liked ect. before I use what money I've saved for a setup. Most of my stuff comes from looking at Vapour eyes website as they are my local and seem to have best range / prices. But happy to look else where.

Sorry for the big arse post guys, so thanks in advance for anyone able to offer their opinion or reviews of some products that may work for me. Hope you've all had a good weekend!
    Fatman likes this.

AVF Regular
    Welcome and great inaugural post.

I am sure you will be bombarded by responses.
    JepunK likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Welcome tomato to a great community here... Im sure one of thw gurus will point you in the right direction soon... And oh you might suffer a case of shinyitis

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk
    Crisscross likes this.
    ~ JepunKô

AVF Regular
    Great little starter kit. Go the 1.2ohm coils to start. Options are 0.5ohm coils and you also have the option to build your own. Wish these had of been out when I started. I have one now and believe me I have tons of stuff. They just work. It's my slack arse kit.

Kanger SUBOX Mini Starter Kit - Black | VapeKing

AVF Regular
    Having 2 of the same thing isn't a bad thing. If you like it why not, you only need 1 type of coil then.
    But if you are keen on something else an Evic mini is a fine mod. Uses 18650 and has onboard charging incase you don't have a charger. Goes up to 75 watts and can do TC if you want to go their later.
    Tank wise, I don't know what to suggest, I use TFV4 by Smok and also their RTA, could be a bit much at this time.
    merexy likes this.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueTomato View Post
    Good evening AVF long time lurker here and thought I'd finally sign up get involved and ask for some advice, as I've really been struggling to any some decisions. Currently trying to give up the dirty analogue cigs, tried vaping in conjunction with nicotine patches but that didn't go so well. So currently have 1 liter of 36mg coming from MFS and hoping that arrives soon and I can get started.

So at the moment I have an Innokin endura T22, which I have no complaints about at all. But really would like a back up mod/one to use around the house and use the T22 for work or out and about. I know the internal battery will at some point die, so sort of looking for one to eventually replace it.

(I have done hours of research and looking through older posts but can't make any decisions) Basically looking for a good MTL setup that will let me change things up till I find my preferred style and is stress free while trying to move from smoking to vaping.

Mod: Just want something well built that is known to last. As long as it has replaceable batteries eg. 18650s (I do prefer a longer battery life before charges) and also want it to have VW. not to fussed about TC and everything else yet. Did look at the Istick 60w TC mod, koopor mini 60w TC mod and also the RX200s but everything seems to have mixed reviews and issues.

Tank: Like something well built. I prefer bigger capacity tanks, something that doesn't leak, top filling (makes it easy and less messy but open to other options), replaceable coils that have a wide range of different ohm coils to suit that tank (not looking for sub ohm coils or rebuildables yet) had looked at the Aspire nautilus series, Joytech cubid, Kanger aero/pro tank type series (coils were not to expensive and gave a wider range for resistances of the coils)

Just wanted to know what people have used and liked ect. before I use what money I've saved for a setup. Most of my stuff comes from looking at Vapour eyes website as they are my local and seem to have best range / prices. But happy to look else where.

Sorry for the big arse post guys, so thanks in advance for anyone able to offer their opinion or reviews of some products that may work for me. Hope you've all had a good weekend!
    Get this

https://www.google.com.au/search?sou....0.7sWqCrKqPns

AVF Regular
    @ Crisscross - Cheers mate I hope so

@ JepunK - Thanks mate, one of the main reason I joined was the good community vibe I got when reading through posts.

@ merexy - Thanks mate, will throw that into list of potentials and will keep you updated!

@ moza - Ha ha I like his videos but that one gave me a good chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Cams View Post
    Having 2 of the same thing isn't a bad thing. If you like it why not, you only need 1 type of coil then.
    But if you are keen on something else an Evic mini is a fine mod. Uses 18650 and has onboard charging incase you don't have a charger. Goes up to 75 watts and can do TC if you want to go their later.
    Tank wise, I don't know what to suggest, I use TFV4 by Smok and also their RTA, could be a bit much at this time.
    Yeah was just thinking for the cost of a new one, I'd rather put that money to a mod that I can later branch out and try new set ups. I like the T22 but because I don't know anyone else that vapes, I don't have anything to compare it to. So figured I'd invest in a mod with changeable batteries and features for the future, to see what I may like.

Will have a suss of the Evic mini, had a look at the TFV4 before I know some people had an issue with it an the RX200 with the 510 thread but I'll probably pass up that mod anyway. Does look good though, coils are a bit on the high side for me unfortunately though. Just thought the community would have a far better understanding of the quality of mods/tanks out there than myself.

Thanks for the advice so far everyone much appreciated.

AVF Regular

You are local to VapourEyes? Hot damn, get down there; you are going to save a lot of money in shipping, methinks. It would be nice to be able to go in and look at things firsthand before you buy.

The Nautilus appears to be a favourite MTL vape. As for devices there's a lot of good ones to choose from. It depends more on your preference, your budget, and what is comfortable to hold, but pretty well all of them will do VW. You can find some bad reviews about almost anything - but the truth is that just about all of them are good enough to keep you off the smokes these days - and the ones you mentioned above are good devices. If you'd handed me some of these things three years ago I'd have thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

I suggest you go in to VapourEyes and have a chat to them, armed with what you've learned so far they should be able to guide you to something suitable.

Oh, and welcome to AVF!
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    You are local to VapourEyes? Hot damn, get down there; you are going to save a lot of money in shipping, methinks. It would be nice to be able to go in and look at things firsthand before you buy.

The Nautilus appears to be a favourite MTL vape. As for devices there's a lot of good ones to choose from. It depends more on your preference, your budget, and what is comfortable to hold, but pretty well all of them will do VW. You can find some bad reviews about almost anything - but the truth is that just about all of them are good enough to keep you off the smokes these days - and the ones you mentioned above are good devices. If you'd handed me some of these things three years ago I'd have thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

I suggest you go in to VapourEyes and have a chat to them, armed with what you've learned so far they should be able to guide you to something suitable.

Oh, and welcome to AVF!
    Yes from what I've seen others say, the Nautilus was going to be my fallback tank if I didn't find anything else and apparently they are working on second version of it though I'm not sure of any release date. Unfortunately I don't know my preference yet, which is why I was looking for any recommendations. Well that is true I guess, hadn't taken that into account. Thanks mate at least gives me some confidence in deciding....so much choice out there.

Unfortunately from my conversations with VapourEyes they are only web based and to the best of my knowledge can't physically go in and look at things first other wise I would have been straight down there!

Cheers much appreciated fab!

AVF Regular
    Unfortunately from my conversations with VapourEyes they are only web based and to the best of my knowledge can't physically go in and look at things first other wise I would have been straight down there!
    Darn, that's a shame. Sorry I didn't realise. Will they at least let you do pickup?
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast