Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Augvape Merlin

AVF Regular

Augvape Merlin

Could this be the next tank i want to take the grave along with my Lemo 2?

Its a dual deck tank (though not in the way you expect), that gives some love to us single coilists.

Tootle puffers get a bit of love too with an airflow hole insert to reduce the airflow

Disley bought it to my attention, we were both window shopping fans of the Augvape Boreas, but of course it was dual...

* 23 mm diameter
    * 4ml Capacity
    * Single and dual coil capable
    * 1.8mm post holes
    * 3mm juice feed holes
    * Top filling through two large fill slots
    * Juice flow control
    * Dual adjustable airflow control
    * 3.5mm under coil airhole (2.4mm with stainless steel insert)
    * 510 drip tip compatible
    * 47mm tall without drip tip

For more pics and details:

https://www.subtanksupply.com/rta-rb...y-augvape.html
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 23-05-16 at 11:24 PM.
    Noe and muscovyduckling like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

Super Moderator
    According to the designer (roxynoodle), it is meant as a MTL atty which can perform as a D2L also (but of course, her Boreas is designed specifically for D2L). Quite a thread on it elsewhere

Oh, and recently available on FT for $17US
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Hah. Buy it, then send it to me when you hate it.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    According to the designer (roxynoodle), it is meant as a MTL atty which can perform as a D2L also (but of course, her Boreas is designed specifically for D2L). Quite a thread on it elsewhere

Oh, and recently available on FT for $17US
    Cheers, gtadmin

Yeah disley spotted that across the road, and we'd been umming and ahhing over the Boreas for a while. Now this.

The description of a MTL that can do DTL is right where i start to get the fizz

I think the $17 one is the Alleria - the see through wanky tank - almost got one just for the novelty of being able to show people where the magics happen, but ive got the Avo for that now...

The Merlin is $29 - still a good price

Quote Originally Posted by muscovyduckling View Post
    Hah. Buy it, then send it to me when you hate it.
    Lol, you know the rules ducky, i buy it and it doesnt work, it goes back

However

If i buy it and get tired of it, it comes your way

There i included a rule just for you, you should feel special, no, go on...feel special....

Im just seeing if the disley wants to get one and save on postage
    disley likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Handy shopping links:

Super Moderator
    Believe me when I say the thread I'm referring to is not on any Oz forum, but an American one, and was started by roxy herself. And until sometime Friday (code MAP), the Merlin was available on FT for $17US (I *almost* bought one )

And both the Merlin and Borleas have "DESIGNED BY AUGVAPE AND ROXY" etched on the base
    Last edited by gtadmin; 23-05-16 at 11:56 PM. Reason: It was Friday, not yesterday
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Believe me when I say the thread I'm referring to is not on any Oz forum, but an American one, and was started by roxy herself. And until sometime yesterday, the Merlin was available on FT for $17US (I *almost* bought one )

And both the Merlin and Borleas have "DESIGNED BY AUGVAPE AND ROXY" etched on the base
    Its that forum beginning with E, yup. Thats where ive been eyeballing all Roxy's gear

Damn, FT probably got the price wrong, prolly cut&paste from the Alleria and didnt change the price...i suppose some may have gotten lucky yesterday...

I would have definitely not waited for disley if i had seen that price

I dont know id want to dual coil it, at least in my head one would think the lower coil would starve the top coil...dont think anyone who has one has bothered to dual build on it yet

Im not mentioning this in front of the 2 Lemo 2's i have (nor will i to the one Di left at Steamers for me on saturday. Thanks Di!)

You know what i like most about the Merlin, apart form the single coil love, that it introduces a new term into vaping vernacular...the wick cup (see the inside of the deck around the juice holes), i plan to say it often and to say it hwick cup, with that weird emphasis on the h

And yes i know, why does a man who vapes 99% of the time on unf need extra tanks?, well one day i will get the perfect aniseed vape sorted, and maybe Steamers will finish and release the Blueberry based falvour they let me beta test at the last meet. Thumbs up from me on that one, and im super fussy. In the meantime theres Jam Dizzle here to consume.....only flavour ive ever bought more than once, other than some Steamers mixes.

p.s. prepared for rant against cinnamon by someone...
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 26-05-16 at 06:21 AM.

Handy shopping links:

Super Moderator
    No, VU And I edited the day the code stopped (bad memory ATM )

Super Moderator
    And a quick review from an end user (not to be confused with a bought reviewer) @ 15W

Lots of pros for this tank, easy to build, easy to wick and great flavor, I was concerned this was still more aimed for high wattage lung hitting, but getting a real good MTL experience, don't see juice bubbles coming up, but is wicking great though, been chain vaping for the last 10 minutes and not a sign of a dry hit.

Few cons for some people (sorry roxy, will be honest with my thoughts)
    Even with the airflow turned down, it is still airy draw, which is good for me, but for some who like a really tight draw, might not like how airy it is.

Juice control is simple and easy to turn, but for people who like to pocket their device with tank, may find the juice control moving by itself, but in the 10 minutes of using it, not a single sign of any leaking, so may not matter too much.

AVF Regular
    If you can find them for US$17 I'll take 2.
    stylemessiah likes this.

AVF Regular
    Are you really going to send something back to FT for a refund?????
    gtadmin likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast