Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Air travel-friendly tanks?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Air travel-friendly tanks?

Just wondering if more learned members can advise on the subject? I would imagine something with juice control where you can completely isolate the chamber from the tank (before flight - close juice control, vape the chamber dry, in flight - store the tank in a bag and not to worry about keeping it, say, upside down, after flight - open juice control, vape). Would this work? Any recommendations(mtl and single coil)? Words of wisdom? General banter?

AVF Regular
    Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but with the Cubis tank you can buy a plastic 'lid' topcap for about $1 or something. So, unscrew topcap (with it comes the coil and mouthpiece - just the way this tank is designed), screw on the lid bit, fly away on a big jet plane, then screw topcap/coil assembly back on.

mac
    I recently flew to NZ and back with my nautilus tanks, no problems with leakage on that occasion. However it is a flight of just a few hours. I just stored each tank in its own little sealed bag during flight because i expected problems but they were fine.

AVF Regular
    Travel with empty tanks, except the one you need to vape with. ALL my tanks have more or less leaked on long flight, even the nautilus. The only tank that leaked less than the others was the subtank mini (old version)
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

AVF Regular
    Upside down! Well- tanks with air flow at the bottom. That way the air in the tank can equalise with the varying cabin pressure without forcing the liquid out the air slots.

I've taken several tanks - both "subtank" and RBa style on several flights... Not a problem. Pack in zip lock bag - line them up at the bottom of the bag all facing same direction, roll up bag. Removing drip tips help as they can be stacked with 510 connection in drip tip hole.

I have a hard shell pencil case from Smiggle that I use to pack vape gear... Arrange "tubes" of RTA's in the same orientation , then on the outside , I've marked the edge that corresponds to the bottom of the Rta with a texter. When you get to you seat, remove the case from carry on- and place in seat back pocket in front of you- with your top indicator on top - thereby ensuring that the RTA's are all upside down for the flight.
    moza likes this.

AVF Regular
    Anything that has juice flow control. Like the Crius, Griffin or Griffin 25, or the new Squape X
    Current Mods
    • Triade DNA200
    • Therion DNA75
    • Broadside
    • Noisy Cricket V2
    • Punto Zero
    • Kimech
    • USV-L

Current Attys
    • Monster V3
    • Squape X
    • Kayfun V5
    • Reload RTA
    • Goon
    • Goon v1.5
    • In'sane
    • Hadaly
    • Tricktank Pro
    • Tokugawa
    • CSMNT
    • BMI Nova
    • Icon
    • Pulse 22
    • Narda
    • Flave 24
    • HAKU!!!

Thanks for the input guys
    I am more after no faff set up. Square x looks good with isolation via tank turn(it is new though, = stupid price). Rose may be another option, you can close the juice flow via drip tip turn. Any other options?
    I use expomizer without any problems on long haul big jet flights. These flights are normally well pressurised and there is only one set of takeoff-landing. Expromisers probably leak still but there is a juice catcher and pressure change is not enough to amount to any visible leaking. The problem is i fly a lot of milk runs (sometimes literally) , small private or charters, not all of them Gulfstream class. So lots of takeoffs, landings and pressure changes. "Smoke break" can be a 5 min one, so want something ready to vape rather than to do unpacking, assembling and packing again.

I fly quite a fair bit for the short trip between Adelaide and Melbourne.
    I always travel with my crown tank and have never had a leak. (well once, but that was cause I over filled it)
    I only ever 1/2 fill the tank (so when you tip it upside-down the juice is lower than the join in the chimney)
    close the airflow, wrap in a paper towel just in case and stick it in the seat pocket upside-down.

AVF Regular
    Triton 2 may be an option here.... top filling procedure closes off the juice holes to the coil inside the tank which is where the pressurised juice would normally leak through and out the airflow slots at the bottom.

You wouldn't take the top cap off though and it would still be leak proof becauwe all the top filling tank twist does is reveal the refill holes which would sit in their open refill position underneath the screwed down top cap.

Here's a video showing how the coil juice holes close up and the top fill holes magically appear, just leave the top cap in place and sorted

https://youtu.be/ojVCpTZIt70

I have yet to test this scenario so will try leaving it inverted full of juice with the fill holes open and the coil feed holes closed....
    CCVaper likes this.

AVF Regular
    an empty tank is a flight friendly tank
    singlefished and CCVaper like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast