Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Advice needed regarding tanks

AVF Regular

Advice needed regarding tanks

Hi ive just ordered a sigelei single 18650 mod (90w) and a uwell crown tank, but from what I've been reading the .5ohm coils on the crown tank need 50w to run it properly. Im a bit confused as to what to do. I still have time to put my shipment on hold. With my kanger subox and tank i was using the .5 coils at around 22 watts and the battery lasted me a day. Im worried with this new setup the batteries wont last long at all. I like the small single 18650 mods to carry around and bring to work. So can anyone suggest maybe a better quality tank for a smaller single battery mod. Thanks guys!

AVF Regular
    Also how long would a single 2600mah battery last at 50w roughly

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_1835 View Post
    Also how long would a single 2600mah battery last at 50w roughly
    About half a day, depending on how much you vape. (could be more, or less) Also, you may not get 50 watts out of a single 18650 once it gets down to half charge, so the mod may give reduced power or cut off altogether after a couple of hours.

Does the new mod have temperature control? I've found that's a great solution for these high power devices. I set it to 50 watts, so it gets up to temperature fast (one to half a second) it then only uses as much power as it needs to maintain that temperature. I seem to be getting much better battery life this way.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 28-05-16 at 01:23 PM.
    Joe_1835 likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    2600 mAh is 9.6 Watt hours. At 50 watts that's 690 seconds (call it 138 puffs). Half charge where you might start to run into trouble is 345 seconds, or 69 puffs.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the reply its the new sigelei spark tc mod. Ive only ever used vw mode before but the kanger subbox and tank has been ok and lasts a day. I don't understand why kangers .5 coils are rated to use between 15-60w while crown. 5 coils are 30-80w ? Think i might put my shipment on hold dont really know what to do

AVF Regular
    Im getting two sets as well since my girlfriend smokes and we have found out shes pregnant. So its pretty important for me to get the right setup.

AVF Regular
    Is there a subohm tank better suited to single battery mods. I direct lung inhale and am not really into rebuilding my own coils and on my subtank with .5 coils ive been vaping at 22w since im not fussed about blowing big clouds. But i do like the organic cotton seems these tanks and coils give better flavour. Should i just buy the kanger toptank?

AVF Regular
    for work, i use my old trusty iStick 40W TC (2600 mah) and a Mad Hatter mini RDA.

some might look at it as an odd pairing but with a 0.4 -0.5 single coil at 18-20 watts. It would do me;
    - after lunch vaping -15 minutes , not chain vaping but I take 4 consecutive draws then pause for a break or re-drip
    - mid arvo chain vaping - 5-8 draws
    - before leaving work - 5-8 draws

battery remains 1/4 full

----

of course mine won't apply to you but I use to pair the same mod with a Triton Mini but its not sub-ohm vaping.
    Joe_1835 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Is there a subohm tank better suited to single battery mods. I direct lung inhale and am not really into rebuilding my own coils and on my subtank with .5 coils ive been vaping at 22w since im not fussed about blowing big clouds. But i do like the organic cotton seems these tanks and coils give better flavour. Should i just buy the kanger toptank?
    Well 22 watts would get a day on a single 18650. Running 50 watts would mean you'd have to carry a spare battery. The Toptank is good too, maybe it would be best to stay with the subtanks or the toptanks... They would be very similar in performance.

Congrats on getting pregnant. Does your girlfriend intend to vape zero nicotine? It's probably best to not smoke or vape, but we all know how hard that can be.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2656811/
    In clinical praxis, pregnant women in most countries are advised to avoid any form of nicotine exposure if this is possible [95]. However, there is a general view that NRT during pregnancy is safer than smoking, recently reflected in a British Medical Journal editorial entitled “Nicotine replacement therapy in pregnancy is probably safer than smoking” [20]. NRT in pregnancy is therefore being encouraged in the absence of any direct evidence for its safety. Around 30% of pregnant women succeed in stopping smoking during pregnancy without pharmacological support, but for those who do not succeed, or have previously failed in an attempt to quit, the use of NRT to support smoking cessation in pregnancy is often considered justifiable in relation to the risk of continued smoking [85]. Recent studies also confirm that nicotine replacement therapies are commonly prescribed or recommended to pregnant smokers by obstetric providers. Interestingly, pediatric clinicians were more reluctant to NRT prescription [97].
    Sorry for the lecture, it's a detail that you and mostly she has to come to terms with - just making sure it's an informed one ;-)
    Last edited by fabricator4; 28-05-16 at 02:40 PM.
    Joe_1835 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the reply its the new sigelei spark tc mod. Ive only ever used vw mode before but the kanger subbox and tank has been ok and lasts a day. I don't understand why kangers .5 coils are rated to use between 15-60w while crown. 5 coils are 30-80w ? Think i might put my shipment on hold dont really know what to do
    It's do with a lot of things - coil design, airflow, chamber design etc etc. Generally speaking higher wattages are going to need more airflow, and will produce more vapour; something you don't appear to be terribly interested in.
    Joe_1835 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast