Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Wismec RX200S

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Wismec RX200S

Hey i just received my rx200s.

I unboxed it, set it up, and tried to screw my tank on...

the 510 connection is feked! the threads had a little bit of resistance so i unplugged it and gave it a little clean and tried again.
    it screwed all the way down but my tank sways left and right. i tried different rdas and tanks there all the same.

has anyone else had this problem that knows how i can fix it?

cheers guys.

AVF Regular
    Hey JDee,

I have read about this issue, some tanks are incompatible with Wismec's 510 (some even damage the shallow bore of its 510), believe it's the depth of the thread/bottoming out of the male connector? It's been covered on reddit and other sites in some detail.

Hope it works out.
    Jdee likes this.

Dicodes Dani Extreme - VS VaporFlask - Koopor Mini - Walking Stick Tube
    Eleaf Lemo II - VLS Vulcan & VLS Vector - Kangertech Sub Mini RTA

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Thanks for reply yuz,
    I have a rx200 and have no issues what so ever with all of my tanks and rda's, that's why I thought with the rx200s it might have been a faulty 510.
    I've read it's got a upgraded 510 but I mean if anything the proper spring loaded 510 would mean better (tighter) connection as a posed to a looser one?
    Does that make sense?

AVF Regular
    Not sure if this is Wismec's issue in particular but considering there's no "510" standard as such (in terms of mechanical definition to any established format, but i could be wrong) but 5 = 0.5mm per 360deg turn (ie pitch), 10 = ten turns in total (would make 5mm total thread length, but there's no mention for the diameter (7mm) nor for the centre pin length at all?).

Considering most devices are 22mm and now trending 24-25 in dia, it would make sense to have something like a fine M10 or M12 thread (i think provari attempted to introduce their own thread, not sure what that is).

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdee View Post
    it screwed all the way down but my tank sways left and right.
    Some tanks do not screw flush on the rx200/s connection as seen in most online reviews.
    I hope you didn't try to force it all the way down to sit flush . You may have dislodged the 510 connection.

AVF Regular
    I thought that was the issue with the original model, and this new "s" release was supposed to have an improved connector.

AVF Regular
    Send it back.

AVF Regular
    Since it's an acknowledged (silently by Wismec releasing an updated "s" and obviously by the end users) issue, should they not conduct a recall? And why did it take the "S" version to "improve" what one would regard as a basic expectation in functionality?

I'm waiting for the rush on the 500W setups, maybe by the end of the year? Fun times Special for you to enjoy, many fabulous vape time for you BUY NOW (before it's actually made)

In question is a high-current device with a mechanical design and /or manufacturing flaw, used typically close to the face.

Be it lack of research or saving of $0.05/piece to the manufacturer, risk assessment isn't obviously on the cards? Ford Pinto anyone?

This shit angers me.

Rant over. Beer time soon.
    Dhufish and Chrisso_88 like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
    Some tanks do not screw flush on the rx200/s connection as seen in most online reviews.
    I hope you didn't try to force it all the way down to sit flush . You may have dislodged the 510 connection.
    Well looks like I stuffed up, because I thought I read/ saw that the " s" version was improved, so I have one on the way. Oh well. Another crappy mod on the way maybe.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LimeB View Post
    Well looks like I stuffed up, because I thought I read/ saw that the " s" version was improved, so I have one on the way. Oh well. Another crappy mod on the way maybe.
    There's a mod building comp going, rip the guts out, get a proper 510, maybe a a fire bitton and build a custom device
    My old 15W VW tube has its PCB out, just sussing out where to source the housing from..
    merexy, LimeB and muscovyduckling like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast