Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Electronic Mod Warranties

AVF Regular

Electronic Mod Warranties

Overnight my Koopor mini died. No previous signs of malfunction, not abused in a any way. Just doesn't power up.
    Just outside the warranty by a couple of weeks; Worked without a fail all this time. Good that I have other mods on standby.

Interestingly, all other domestic electrical appliances will have a warranty of 12months and typically with an option to extend it; Why is this not applicable to mods sold here? Even a $30 k-mart kettle would be covered better.

12months must be the default minimum, even if it's a cheapie.

+++//// No fun summer long vape special time with friends ////+++

Back to Dicodes as the daily mod (three years warranty btw!)
    Jdee likes this.

Dicodes Dani Extreme - VS VaporFlask - Koopor Mini - Walking Stick Tube
    Eleaf Lemo II - VLS Vulcan & VLS Vector - Kangertech Sub Mini RTA

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Did you buy it in Australia from a business or private sale?
    Everything sold in a Australia from a business is covered by 2 year warranty no matter the how long manufacturer warranty states.

AVF Regular
    Hey Jdee,

Yeah a local B&M but since Manufacturer's Warranty is only three (correction - six) months, how that would work for the reseller?
    Not sure how they would escalate the warranty and I can only imagine the cost of this exercise...
    I'll give them a call to clarify anyway.
    Last edited by Yuz78; 08-06-16 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuz78 View Post
    Hey Jdee,

Yeah a local B&M but since Manufacturer's Warranty is only three (correction - six) months, how that would work for the reseller?
    Not sure how they would escalate the warranty and I can only imagine the cost of this exercise...
    I'll give them a call to clarify anyway.
    Unfortunately for vendors its there problem if the product their stocking fails to meet the consumer affairs guidelines in Australia. Unless the product was abused and misused.
    Manufactures warrantys or whatever is irrelevant of it falls within 2 years.
    It's up to you if u want to fight our community I guess tho.
    Unfortunately for vendors it's their responsibility and the cost of making money in a registered business.

I'm not sure if there's bylines for the vape industry. But basically anything not perishable sold in Australia is covered by consumer affairs 2 year warranty

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdee View Post
    Did you buy it in Australia from a business or private sale?
    Everything sold in a Australia from a business is covered by 2 year warranty no matter the how long manufacturer warranty states.
    Where did the 2 years come from? The Australian Consumer law guide to guarantees says:

Test for acceptable quality

Goods are of acceptable quality when a reasonable consumer, fully aware of the goods’ condition (including any defects) would find them:

• fit for all the purposes for which goods of that kind are commonly supplied—for example, a toaster must be able to toast bread
    • acceptable in appearance and finish—for example, a new toaster should be free from scratches
    • free from defects—for example, the toaster’s timer knob should not fall off when used soon after it was purchased
    • safe—for example, sparks should not fly out of the toaster
    • durable—for example, the toaster must function for a reasonable time after purchase, without breaking down.

This test takes into account:

• the nature of the goods—for example, a major appliance such as a fridge is expected to last longer than a toaster
    • the price paid—for example, a cheap toaster is not expected to last as long as a top-of-the-range one
    • any statements about the goods on any packaging or label on the goods—for example, the toaster box shows a special defroster function
    • any representations made about the goods by the manufacturer or supplier—for example, the supplier said the crumb tray was easy to detach and clean
    • any other relevant circumstances relating to supply of the goods.
    Page 12 of http://consumerlaw-staging.tspace.go...antees_web.pdf
    Fatman, merexy, Jdee and 1 others like this.

Limelight Freehand S/Custom Classic/StudioVape/PC Wood mods/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Haku/Origen Little 16/Hadaly/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

AVF Regular
    I wouldn't want to be a reseller of cheap-sh mods with 3-6 months warranty from the vendor and offer 2 years to the end user.
    The profits would go out the window, even with a marginally low fail /return rate. Unless there's a 3rd party insurance involved?

Manufacturers chasing "performance" figures, which in themselves are very questionable and we've seen the results of fast-tracked product development sacrificed over basic quality. And Doris can't fix it. However, you will definitely get "Mega Special Fun Time Sale" instead.
    Jdee likes this.

I've dealt with consumer affairs before and I can't remember exactly. But that was the basic jist of my rights. Even when u walk into a Apple Store, consumer affairs have placed their phamphlats on the tables explaining the basic 2 year guarentee of goods sold in Australia to shut up apple from saying there products are covered for 1 year..
    But hey I might have a bad memory and I'm not a professional in this area just regurgitating info I'm familiar with.
    But In terms of not profitable for the vendor, not many people will go through a return process for a $20-$40 goods that they have got a couple of months use out of.

AVF Regular
    Sadly, there is no definite time-frame in the legislation. There is no definition of 'durable'; instead, the legislation contains vague terms such as 'acceptable' quality to a 'reasonable' consumer.

COMPETITION AND CONSUMER ACT 2010 - SCHEDULE 2 The Australian Consumer Law
    giruvian, Fatman and merexy like this.

Limelight Freehand S/Custom Classic/StudioVape/PC Wood mods/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Haku/Origen Little 16/Hadaly/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

AVF Regular
    Dirt in the bottom micro USB port can prevent them from powering up, try connecting and removing a usb cable.
    I've seen one at my local vape shop come back to life after cleaning the USB port
    btobw and Yuz78 like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast