• 3 Post By singlefished
  • 1 Post By Captain
  • 1 Post By singlefished
  • 1 Post By singlefished

Thread: Eleaf iStick Pico - Firmware update

AVF Regular

Eleaf iStick Pico - Firmware update

I'm testing now..... v1.01

• I didn't brick it during upgrade so we're off to a good start!
    • Wattage mode no longer shows volts on the display, you get the small ohms text with a big long battery underneath and big text Wartz on the right hand side.
    • You can also upload a custom logo to the device with the firmware update utility.

iStick Pico Kit Firmware Upgradeable - iSmoka/Eleaf electronic cigarette

AVF Regular
    My pico ss is in pre-order... shame about the volts hiatus, I like checking that out as I am used to using volts from years past. Owell... thanks for the update.
    singlefished likes this.
    Last cigarette: March 14th, 2010 - Started Vaping Feb, 2010.

"Praise the God of all. Drink the wine. And let the world be the world"

AVF Regular
    It may get shipped with the new v1.01.... but not a problem ~ the firmware download has the v1.00 in the same archive
    Captain likes this.

AVF Regular
    cool I just got my Pico yesterday I,ll up grade now!

Current Mods = Joytech Cuboid 200w , eVic-VTC Mini 75w , Istick 120W and 40w , Wismec Reuleaux RX200S
    Current Tanks = Joytech Cubis , Smok TFV4 Mini , Smok TF-RTA G2 , S-body Astral Tank , Uwell Crown , Wotofo Serpent RTA , Geekvape Griffin RTA , Geekvape Griffin 25 RTA , Geekvape Tsunami RDA , Geekvape Avocado RDTA and Velocity v2 RDA clone

currently vaping 10mg Home Brewed E-juice

Jason Richards

AVF Regular
    Only had my pico for a few days. Had a look this evening at the upgrade firmware you're talking about. But was definitely not a fan of the new wattage display and couldn't see myself using the smart mode, so I've just left it as is. Let us know how you get on with it though!

A government is a body of people, usually notibly ungoverned. - Derrial Book

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by upinVape View Post
    cool I just got my Pico yesterday I,ll up grade now!
    Any updates on the performance after your upgrade? Is it better? I have the same gear but have not decided yet if I will upgrade.

AVF Regular
    it's great when manufacturers provide support even after getting your money ...

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RossSPARROW View Post
    Any updates on the performance after your upgrade? Is it better? I have the same gear but have not decided yet if I will upgrade.
    Nothing performance wise.... solves the problem with dropping watts and changes the display slightly for wattage mode
    RossSPARROW likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by singlefished View Post
    Nothing performance wise.... solves the problem with dropping watts and changes the display slightly for wattage mode
    The dropping watts you mention is that when you change a battery or sometimes the atty the watts drop. I wasn't going to upgrade the firmware because I like to see the voltage but if it stops the drop in watts then I might do it.

AVF Regular
    I don't know what would cause it Rod but I found the watts would drop on a random basis by 0.1w....

Example: you'd set up at 30 watts then later notice it would be 29.9w..... then maybe a few hours later you'd see it would have dropped again to 29.8w

I thought it was initially user error by accidentally hitting the minus button when putting the mod down but it's been reported many times across the internet so it's not just me....

The new firmware fixes this issue..... but I have read that upgrading the firmware (to fix the random wattage issue) and then downgrading again solves the issue permanently.

I wouldn't change the firmware if you don't have the issue as apart from the wattage fix there seems to be no other improvements.