Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: Provari have to be joking: The Procyon.

AVF Regular

Provari have to be joking: The Procyon.

$300+ for a 50w tube mod? Im a Provari fan but i think they really dont have any idea whats going on out there. They keep going on about safety features but newsflash: all decent mods have them. You can get a lot more power, better form factor, better battery life and the same safety features for a fraction of the price everywhere else. Imo their really just resting on their name to justify the overpricing on the Procyon.
    moza and CCVaper like this.

AVF Regular
    +1 on that one....
    moza and steve.c like this.
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

AVF Regular
    facepalm x infinity
    steve.c likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    You can get a lot more power, better form factor, better battery life and the same safety features for a fraction of the price everywhere else.
    I thought that was provaris motto for all their mods

yeah i dunno i see provari as the BMW of the vape world.
    Sure you can brag to your friends you have one, but end of the day a mazda is 1/4 the cost and does the same dam thing
    steve.c likes this.

Super Moderator

All jokes aside , a mod , or a car , or a home , is only worth what people will pay for it .... not all mods have to cost under $60 and be made in third world countries asking employees to work 16 hours a day 7 days a week for a few US$'s so we can buy a new mod at "super super cheap low low price" every three weeks, to be "worthwhile"

Compared to a carton of smokes we used to buy willy nilly every fortnight or so, any mod at less than that $7000 a year the average smoker blew, then vaping is a win ...

Do it cheap, do it expensive, its up to the doer IMHO ...

( No Secret I like provari... they make armagheddon mods with factory backup at all times ... sure you get cheaper, and yes China mods are improving, but I personally would back a Provari safety measure a LOT more than a Smok or FT mod )

I present the case that I don't actually think I have EVER seen a photo of a provari that has exploded or failed catastrophically nor really read about one?
    Cant really say that for the bulk of the $60 china ones?
    Sure incidents are very very rare but a 99.5% safety record still isn't a 100%

Could Provari sell these for much less... yes they could ( but they wont ) ... will people pay the existing price? ... certainly

TLDR : as vapers one always has the ability to vote with yer wallet

( Oh and yes Price IS a factor in why I don't presently have a Procyon ... I bought another Mini 2.5 in the run out sale for US$30 )
    Last edited by Fatman; 10-06-16 at 08:01 PM.
    Robray, giruvian, gtadmin and 9 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Bet that black scratches off like buggery and it looks like it's been through the washing machine with next to no effort.
    steve.c likes this.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

AVF Regular
    Provari - peeps either swear by them or dont - either way always reminds me of this meme ...
    giruvian and muscovyduckling like this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    Bet that black scratches off like buggery and it looks like it's been through the washing machine with next to no effort.
    The Stealth has a ceramic coating, ive got a 2.5 Stealth and it wears a lot better than the standard black Provaris. Agree $350 is still a big hit for a mod though.
    steve.c and muscovyduckling like this.

AVF Regular
    I am a provari supporter but i dont think the price tag is justified on this one. They were pushing it a bit with the radius but this is selling as a subohm mod that only goes to 50w? Cmon!

AVF Regular
    My Computer says "no". Utterly refusing actually.

Appreciate their push for the P3 connection still...

Dicodes Dani Extreme - VS VaporFlask - Koopor Mini - Walking Stick Tube
    Eleaf Lemo II - VLS Vulcan & VLS Vector - Kangertech Sub Mini RTA

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast