Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Shifting Fasttech timelines.

  1. #1
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    915

    Shifting Fasttech timelines.

    I made an order with fasttech on the 2nd of this moth and since then have seen shifting ship dates due to awaiting items. I believe it's either the 2nd or 3rd time they've shifted back. good luck looking to China for original ideas when they have such a hard time copying lol.

    Is this a common thing with fasttech? I'm thinking it might be better to just can the whole order than wait till 2020 or something or until they run out of excuses.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Toowoomba (West)
    Posts
    7,897
    Quote Originally Posted by MCYL View Post
    I made an order with fasttech on the 2nd of this moth and since then have seen shifting ship dates due to awaiting items. I believe it's either the 2nd or 3rd time they've shifted back. good luck looking to China for original ideas when they have such a hard time copying lol.

    Is this a common thing with fasttech? I'm thinking it might be better to just can the whole order than wait till 2020 or something or until they run out of excuses.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No it's not normal. I've had pretty good luck with them having stock when they say the will, or within a reasonable time. If it's getting a bit irksome cancel the order and you will get a store credit. I know a store credit is not a credit to your paypal account, but there's plenty of stuff there that you can use it on your next order. I've heard of someone getting their paypal account credited by them but it's a PITA.

    Fasttech is what it is. The best prices anywhere, but sometimes it doesn't quite go to plan, especially if suppliers jack up.
    MCYL likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

  3. #3
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    915

    Shifting Fasttech timelines.

    Good thing I was never dependent on the stuff to begin with.
    well stuff they don't gave stock for can go back in as PayPal. I started a communication with them asking if I can substitute items along wit cancelling the pending. In English too, this should be entertaining.

    But yeah, when you're dirt cheap and 99% fake, reputation and goodwill really isn't a factor.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MCYL; 13-06-16 at 08:08 PM.

  4. #4
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Toowoomba (West)
    Posts
    7,897
    Quote Originally Posted by MCYL View Post
    and 99% fake,
    Actually anything labelled "authentic" does seem to be original. Kanger, Innokin and others may not like it, but Fasttech seem to be able source authentic product at killer prices. That's probably what the hold up is with your order. What was it that you ordered?
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

  5. #5
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    915
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Actually anything labelled "authentic" actually does seem to be original. Kanger, Innokin and others may not like it, but Fasttech seem to be able source authentic product at killer prices. That's probably what the hold up is with your order. What was it that you ordered?
    A heap but I wanted a second set of scales and the dripbox160. It's hilarious with the DB dropping back from the 8th, 10th now 17th.
    A 500g scales going all the way back to the 20th! Superstore indeed, perhaps it "SuperStall" in chinglish

    At the end of the day I'm more bemused than anything, our economy hinges on a billion fasttechs doing their due...easy enough for me to cancel or even forget about it. Not so easy for the mining sector, we're screwed



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    915
    As to FT stocking at those prices, it's simple. Those prices are slightly higher than the wholesale price pre freight, pre import taxes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,170
    Reading the Fasttech forums it seems they are over a barrel with the date they display.... they provide the date the supplier gives them, and if the supplier delays then the date shown is updated.

    Not great as supplier for your gear sounds unreliable, I've seen stuff come in earlier than the stated date and stuff come in later.... cost is the driving factor for me so I don't mind waiting if it's a ripper deal
    Tara likes this.

  8. #8
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    915
    Quote Originally Posted by singlefished View Post
    Reading the Fasttech forums it seems they are over a barrel with the date they display.... they provide the date the supplier gives them, and if the supplier delays then the date shown is updated.

    Not great as supplier for your gear sounds unreliable, I've seen stuff come in earlier than the stated date and stuff come in later.... cost is the driving factor for me so I don't mind waiting if it's a ripper deal
    I don't really care either way, just something funny for a dreary Monday



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Toowoomba (West)
    Posts
    7,897
    Quote Originally Posted by MCYL View Post
    At the end of the day I'm more bemused than anything, our economy hinges on a billion fasttechs doing their due...easy enough for me to cancel or even forget about it. Not so easy for the mining sector, we're screwed
    Funny and true story...

    A large company had to get a some equipment back up to spec. Mechanics ascertained that a component in the gearbox needed replacing (it was jumping out of gear under zero load). It was not available off the shelf. It was jobbed out to shop in china to replicate the part as this was the most economical and the original component was Chinese. The component was sent to to the shop and all relevant material data was specified and the shop agreed it could make the gear to spec.

    After a few weeks the newly manufactured part was received, and it was a marvel - absolute identical match for the old component...

    ... right down the wear characteristics that had made the old part unserviceable....

    Too funny for words...
    MCYL likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

  10. #10
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    915


    It's called a Dripbox because of the way it's delivered! A drip at a time! FTs gonna have their own special edition soon:the GrowingGrassBox 250


    The FT ScaleFail, epic calibrations require epic delays...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 12:19 PM.