Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

trying sub ohm on istick30w

Hi there,first time posting here but I've been following this forum for a while:great place and plenty of info.
    I've been vaping for 5 months now with an istick30w and nautilus and would like to give the sub-ohm a go.
    I was thinking about a toptank mini or nano or something i could use with the istick before investing in a tc mod eventually.
    What do you think?
    I'm not into cloud chasing but I feel like my vaping is changing to dl,would like to have a tank that give me a bit of flexibility.

So a bit confused right now...any suggestion?

Thanks

AVF Regular
    I'd say get something more powerful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking into a cuboid,how does it perform?
    Really looking for something reliable and effortless, just tryng to find my sweet spot.

AVF Regular
    You could try the Joyetech Cubis which offers 0.5ohm coils and won't break the bank. With this tank there's also other MTL coils if you want to go back. I find 30watts the bare mimuim you'll be able to have on a 0.5ohm coil, and it depends on the tank/coil. If you could look into a mod that does 75watts like the iStick Pico (or any other mod) sub ohming would be better. When I was interested in sub-ohming I paid $49 (and a little shipping) for the Aspire K4 which comes with Cleito tank and battery ready to vape.

They're on eBay atm for that price, genuine units and complete sub-ohm kit that can blow nice clouds

I usually get my gear from FT and pricing is not bad there...cubis is cheap though it does seem to have mixed reviews.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingarzak View Post
    Hi there,first time posting here but I've been following this forum for a while:great place and plenty of info.
    I've been vaping for 5 months now with an istick30w and nautilus and would like to give the sub-ohm a go.
    I was thinking about a toptank mini or nano or something i could use with the istick before investing in a tc mod eventually.
    What do you think?
    I'm not into cloud chasing but I feel like my vaping is changing to dl,would like to have a tank that give me a bit of flexibility.

So a bit confused right now...any suggestion?

Thanks
    The toptank or the subtank will work if you put a 0.8 ohm coil in the RBA head. It runs about 22 watts for DL. I think if you use the 0.5ohm prebuilt coils you'll be right on the limit with that mod. It would work though.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Try a dripper. my work vape is;

atty:mad hatter mini
    mod:istick 40W TC
    coil: 0.5 ohm
    watts: 22-25

As fab suggested, keep the resistance at .8 . My setup is not ideal as a main mod as it drains the battery quickly
    but mine lasts me for 2 sessions at 10-15 draws/session/day for 2 1/2 days.

i also keep a micro usb at work if i needed to charge.

dripper is not my thing :I drive for work all day and can't stop for refill or adjustment, I know I'm missing out but I do really need something that doesn't require much care.
    Same thing for rba,I don't see myself getting there...or maybe I should just try em first: do you guys know any shop keen to help in Sydney?

how's the toptank with the stock 1.2?
    Might give it a go

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingarzak View Post
    dripper is not my thing :I drive for work all day and can't stop for refill or adjustment, I know I'm missing out but I do really need something that doesn't require much care.
    Same thing for rba,I don't see myself getting there...or maybe I should just try em first: do you guys know any shop keen to help in Sydney?

how's the toptank with the stock 1.2?
    Might give it a go
    I think the 1.2 ohm coil was meant for a more MTL vape but you could try it. 30 watts should be more than enough.

Don't be scared of making your own wicks. It gives you complete control over your vape; you can tailor it perfectly to suit yourself and your mod. Six turns of 28g kanthal on a 2.5mm drill bit will get you around 0.8 ohms or just over on the Kanger RBA.

I can't help you with the shop since Mackay is actually on a different planet. One where no one else vapes and most establishment types have completely bought into the health department "vaping is bad" propaganda. YeeHaw!
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Thanks fabricator4...that's bad news hey, it seems we're just following the US.
    Regarding rba...just not my thing,as long as it keeps me off the stinkies and goes it works.
    Yep I've got some anti-commitment issues even with vaping

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast