Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Advice me on a better clearo?

AVF Regular

Advice me on a better clearo?

So, clearly I don't have a great amount of experience yet. I've been puffing through a Kanger Topbox since I started. It leaks a bit at times and overall I'm not impressed with Kanger. That said, I do like the experience of it. I grabbed an Aspire Nautilus Mini thinking it would suit me better as all the reviews raved about it as a great clearo for people who'd recently quite.

Didn't like it.

To me, the drip seems small and thin and I don't really like the feel of it in my mouth. S'ok...no waste there, the wife likes it.

Still...If I want something akin to the Topbox but better...what do ya suggest?

AVF Regular
    1. Don't give up on the nautilus mini - change the driptip

2. What's your budget?

3. Do you want to change your devices every couple of months or looking long term?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lheamfrg View Post
    1. Don't give up on the nautilus mini - change the driptip
    s'not a bad idea. As I said, the wife likes it so it's in her hands right now but I'll consider looking around for something different.

2. What's your budget?
    hehe...you know how these things are...I wanna say something reasonable but the truth is that if I feel something is worth it and is going to be a longterm satisfying keeper it's probably much higher...

3. Do you want to change your devices every couple of months or looking long term?
    I want to build up a solid reliable collection of kit that is well designed and constructed so that I am never without working gear and come the worst case scenario I have a stockpile to last through bad or restrictive regulations.
    muscovyduckling likes this.

AVF Regular
    you should try rebuilding. to me "reliable" is like a good RTA and RDA.

i used a Nautilus for months but I outgrew it and it just got too restrictive.
    premade coils - i pretty much gave up on their reliability and thats when I decided to try an RTA.

Your vape style is most likely the key on what gear to go for.
    fabricator4 likes this.

Jas
    AVF Regular
    love my top box mini with istick pico best combo I've had in ages. Try use the Kange SSOCC clapton coils they don't leak and have very good flavour make sure your Vg is 70% though thats what could of caused the leaking if your using a thiner liquid.
    The Glock 9mm has a historic legacy of reliability, performance, Power and perfection

Vaping has just become apart of life, It will always be there until the very end.
    Official Vanilla custard extremist and connoisseur.

AVF Regular
    Couple of things:

What airhole do you like to use on the Toptank mini? And what coils? Do you MTL or DL?

Also, is it only the DT that you don't like with the Nautilus mini? If so, put the DT from your Toptank mini onto the Nautilus mini and see if that helps.
    fabricator4 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by muscovyduckling View Post
    Couple of things:

What airhole do you like to use on the Toptank mini? And what coils? Do you MTL or DL?

Also, is it only the DT that you don't like with the Nautilus mini? If so, put the DT from your Toptank mini onto the Nautilus mini and see if that helps.
    I tend to have the Toptank open at about 3/4.

I've been trying to figure out where I lie in regards to MTL or DL. Not in what I prefer but more in what it is I'm actually doing. I have a feeling I'm sorta in the middle.

Yeah...I think I'll try changing the driptip and see how it feels. Probably the smartest thing to do.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I tend to have the Toptank open at about 3/4.

I've been trying to figure out where I lie in regards to MTL or DL. Not in what I prefer but more in what it is I'm actually doing. I have a feeling I'm sorta in the middle.

Yeah...I think I'll try changing the driptip and see how it feels. Probably the smartest thing to do.
    I keep looking at this thread and trying to come up with some appropriate info but the question is too broad. There are so many options and as far as MTL vs DTL..... a lot of them force you one way or the other. They are meant for a particular style by which I mean closing the air of a DTL atomizer does not always make it a MTL atomizer.

How would I go if I was you

You have the nautilus tanks and coils so start there. Grab a few driptips with different dimension bores and start to play with airflow and strength of vaping. This is a valuable learning experience and will help you understand what would suit you best.

If you then grab something like your top tank and do the same thing. Use driptips with smaller bores and close down the air.

Understanding your style takes a bit of time initially but save you $'s in the future.
    giruvian, gtadmin and Mistic Lady like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the great advice Crisscross.

Here's what I've figured out so far. I tried the driptip from the Kanger on the Nautilus and, while it was better, I still didn't like it so much..even with the airflow wide open. I've also noticed that I'm getting a nasty taste from it no matter what is in there...could be that I don't like the BVC coils, could be residue from the first juice that was in there that I hated, could be that the coil, wasn't properly primed...

Tried again on the Kanger and paid attention to what I was doing...seems I am DL or close enough. A long slow draw over the tongue to the back off the throat then inhaling it into my lungs before breathing out.

The reason I am looking so hard right now to find a suitable replacement is that the Kanger is part of a starter kit that has to be returned under warranty so I'm going to need a replacement.

AVF Regular
    If you're a DL vaper I'd suggest the Uwell Crown
    Current Mods
    • Triade DNA200
    • Therion DNA75
    • Broadside
    • Noisy Cricket V2
    • Punto Zero
    • Kimech
    • USV-L

Current Attys
    • Monster V3