Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: MTL now getting some Love

AVF Regular

MTL now getting some Love

With all the Sub ohmers getting a constant supply of new and or upgraded attys ,its finally time for those of us who prefer MTL.

Kayfun have recently released a newer ,uncomplicated model the Kayfun V5 RTA 316 s/s, 4mm juice ,5mm with ss tank, better air flow design, 22mm dia ,easy fill ,Unfortuneately the original Ex factory costs heaps of euro,s.
    Gone are the innumerable parts as per V4.
    Typical though ,one of the better clone producers has released their copy as a 1/1 clone and it has been getting great reviews as to finish and quality.

Squape SX Dream X ,upgraded version of popular RTA with 316ss ,4mmm capacity, dual posts and centre post looks like gold plated .Suitable for dual or single coil,pyrex glass , stepped aiflow,top fill .
    Again the same above China clone and reviews.

Mine are coming ,so i will post my personal opinions as to quality and performance.
    merexy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldhead View Post
    Gone are the innumerable parts as per V4.
    Typical though ,one of the better clone producers has released their copy as a 1/1 clone and it has been getting great reviews as to finish and quality.
    Kayfun 5 is a much more open model than previous versions. If you want a really tight MTL you need the the MTL airflow adapter for it. The 5 is the cheapest Kayfun Smoe Mesto have released yet.

See PBusardo's review of it.
    merexy likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Yes I wonder if it's possible to design dual use attys, good for sub ohm & MTL. I've tried turning the airflow down on sub ohm attys but they don't give a nice MTL.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    Yes I wonder if it's possible to design dual use attys, good for sub ohm & MTL. I've tried turning the airflow down on sub ohm attys but they don't give a nice MTL.
    Well there's the Cubis and the Kayfun with the adapter. The Subtank isn't really a contender but one of the third party clone bases has a fourth position that you could drill whatever size hole in it that you wanted.

Edit: the third party base it already tight enough for me - it goes between MTL and DL but would still be a little loose for some people.

Vapers seem less inclined to alter devices than they once did. I used to drill stuff out to get more air, while others would block an air hole or similar. Since a lot of the factory stuff now has two airflow holes, I don't know why more people aren't blocking one of them off to get a tighter draw. It would certainly work with the Subtank.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 19-06-16 at 06:58 PM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    The UD Goblin Mini v2 is a great MTL with the supplied blocker for single coil use. One of the better crop of new atty's. The Kayfun Mini v3 authentic is superb just a smaller juice capacity. There are still plenty of new older style atty's to be had for a good price if you search them out.

AVF Regular
    I find the issue with the dual tanks is that airflow through the pin is too much. A neat trick I discovered on Fasttech was to get some tiny delrin tubing (made for 3d printing and put a tiny piece of that in the pin. It can reduce the initial airflow and gives you a better range of airflow options. I tried it with a nebula wine atomizer and it works a treat.

So many tanks that say close down the airflow to get a MTL vape don't really perform at their best because of the giant hole in the pin.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Totally agree XX, I found the serpent to be a bit too airy for me even with the airflow control shut right down. It had beautiful flavor so I figured that it would only improve with a bit less air to the coil... So I ended up using the positive pin from an protank mini and a insulator from a nautilus coil and pushed it into the 3mm airhole under the coil and it became the perfect MTL flavor atty... I think we will start to see quite a few tanks coming out with a threaded under coil airholes to reduce airflow if so desired, such as the Augvape Merlin... Best of both worlds
    Crisscross and Oldhead like this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    The Merlin tank has a removable screw in air hole really good.
    Crisscross and mpc3k like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Kayfun 5 is a much more open model than previous versions. If you want a really tight MTL you need the the MTL airflow adapter for it. The 5 is the cheapest Kayfun Smoe Mesto have released yet.

See PBusardo's review of it.
    Thanks fabricator 4, i totally forgot about the diff size air adapters .Cheers.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    As the FDA's new reg's bite,
    to cover the PMTA Process costs,
    the price of juice will rise.

MTL Atty's use less juice !?!
    Last edited by Snidely_Whiplash; 20-06-16 at 01:26 AM.
    mpc3k likes this.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast