Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Nautilus tank issue?

AVF Regular

Nautilus tank issue?

I'm know this is far from the first time something like this has come up so my apologies, but couldn't find anything in old threads and couple of hours looking online has still left me short. Just wondering if anyone had experience the following issue.

Basically being using the nautilus a few weeks now, had no problems initially and I'm leaning towards the actual juice rather then the tank. Was vaping a vapour eyes based liquid had no issues whatsoever with anything settings/tinkering and testing of the tank. Changed to a juice from the vape store as I needed some at the time right away. Was a test mix and was approx 12mg nic, 40%pg 60%vg from memory (went back to the vapour eyes juice no problem at all, another mix of the vape store juice as still figuring out nic levels and the problem re occurred 15mg nic 45%pg 55%vg).

When vaping the issue was intermittent but it felt like getting a really strong flavour hit in the back of my throat and too much would lead to a sickly feeling (different to nic sick) and an undesirable vape. There is no gurgling or flooding and there is no liquid from what I can tell entering my mouth. Read everything I could change wattage ect, airflow holes, vaping technique (I'm not sucking on it like a kid with a grape fruit box). If wattage went to high, didnt fix the issue just got that burnt taste, where I sit normally for all other juices would have the issue, anything lower gurgling and flooding would occur but that issue would actually go away. This issue does not occur with the same juice in the T22, but I understand that they are totally different set ups.

Tried new coils, cleaning of drip tip and tank and making sure everything was dry, making sure everything was screwed up to the correct tension ect. Cheers for any help guys.

A government is a body of people, usually notibly ungoverned. - Derrial Book

AVF Regular
    Using the right coils? ie genuine aspire. Knockoffs could have undesirable results eg shorts etc which could cause some of these issues. If they aren't the genuine ones, get hold of some and see if that fixes the issue.

Super Moderator
    Let me try and understand the problem: you change to a different juice and it tastes different from the previous one? Or did I misunderstand.
    merexy likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    gurgles are bane of vapers everywhere....

Turn the tank upside down so the drip tip is towards the floor
    Place a tissue over the Air Holes and sharp blows into the drip tip.
    that will clear the chamber.

cant help with the rest i haven't owned a naut in ages.
    disley, merexy and RogueTomato like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lheamfrg View Post
    Using the right coils? ie genuine aspire. Knockoffs could have undesirable results eg shorts etc which could cause some of these issues. If they aren't the genuine ones, get hold of some and see if that fixes the issue.
    Yeah genuine coils mate, so no issue there.

Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Let me try and understand the problem: you change to a different juice and it tastes different from the previous one? Or did I misunderstand.
    Sorry GT, tried to add as much info as possible may have got confusing. Just that juice A had a consistent vape no issues. Juice B has an inconsistent and undesirable vape, mainly the over powering flavor produced in the back of throat and that nothing had changed in my practice with the tank and switching from one juice to the other would either fix or start the problem again. I hope that kind of cleared it up. My apologies if not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    gurgles are bane of vapers everywhere....

Turn the tank upside down so the drip tip is towards the floor
    Place a tissue over the Air Holes and sharp blows into the drip tip.
    that will clear the chamber.

cant help with the rest i haven't owned a naut in ages.
    Cheers hoof will give it a go!

Super Moderator
    Does the new juice just have more flavour concentrates added (not a question BTW)? Is the new juice American, as those are notoriously over-flavoured.

I wasn't being funny above BTW, first thing asked when fault-finding is what has changed, and second is what hasn't changed. From those two answers, you should be able to narrow down the problem.
    disley, merexy and RogueTomato like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Does the new juice just have more flavour concentrates added (not a question BTW)? Is the new juice American, as those are notoriously over-flavoured.

I wasn't being funny above BTW, first thing asked when fault-finding is what has changed, and second is what hasn't changed. From those two answers, you should be able to narrow down the problem.
    Totally forgot but this could well be the problem (or the difference factor), one juice was a ready to vape mixed down with nic base (only juice I had at the time and wanted to use / get off the darts) second juice was a doubler mixed down with nic to normal strength. Both australian juices (or marketed as such). No stress at all GT, I didn't take it that way at all mate. Just happy for the help.
    gtadmin likes this.

AVF Regular
    Forgot I still had mine. I loved it when I first got it but it had this uncanny ability of self tightening to the point where it was near impossible to get the tank off and I was always paranoid the glass would break in my hands. I got into rebuilding, put it in its box where it has spent a lonely life for more than 18 months.
    RogueTomato likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by merexy View Post
    Forgot I still had mine. I loved it when I first got it but it had this uncanny ability of self tightening to the point where it was near impossible to get the tank off and I was always paranoid the glass would break in my hands. I got into rebuilding, put it in its box where it has spent a lonely life for more than 18 months.
    Luckily I've not encountered that problem yet or I'd be in the same boat as you! (touch wood) Rebuilding is the next step I'm hoping to take soon.

Cheers for the help guys much appreciated, will keep tinkering and roll along on the vape journey.
    merexy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueTomato View Post
    When vaping the issue was intermittent but it felt like getting a really strong flavour hit in the back of my throat and too much would lead to a sickly feeling (different to nic sick) and an undesirable vape. There is no gurgling or flooding and there is no liquid from what I can tell entering my mouth. Read everything I could change wattage ect, airflow holes, vaping technique (I'm not sucking on it like a kid with a grape fruit box). If wattage went to high, didnt fix the issue just got that burnt taste, where I sit normally for all other juices would have the issue, anything lower gurgling and flooding would occur but that issue would actually go away. This issue does not occur with the same juice in the T22, but I understand that they are totally different set ups.
    I'm thinking that there might be something in the flavouring of that juice that is not doing well at higher temperatures. Sometimes you just get a flavour that you have to very gentle with, so trying turning the watts down, not up.

Some citrus vapes for example taste more acid when you turn them up. Could it be something like that? You didn't say what the flavour was.
    merexy likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast