Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Avocado 22 or the Goblin V2?

AVF Regular

Avocado 22 or the Goblin V2?

I'm going to get a second Eleaf Pico & I'm looking for a small tank to put on it. I do restricted lung hits on a sort of airy MTL setting, about a 3mm airflow is good for me or a tad bigger. I did get the Melo 3 mini with my last Pico & I didn't like the way it only performed with long for me strong inhales even when I closed the airflow down & did my gentle inhale the vape was very wimpy. Now I have the rebuildable ECR coils with a 3mm dia vertical coil the Melo is vaping really good.
    The Kabuki clone I use with Aspire 1.8ohm Clapton coils is a fantastic vape producing small dense clouds but I miss being able to build my own coils so I'm looking at getting either the Avocado 22 or the Goblin V2. I'm leaning towards the Goblin but I've read that the gap in the bottom for the airflow can create condensation & I think that would annoy me so the Avocado came into the picture.
    Can anyone recommend which of the two might suit me better. Thanks all:-)

AVF Regular
    Hi Rod. I'm not a great fan of the current crop of tanks or the whole direction of where it's all going but that's just my opinion. I'm strictly old school MTL. I can however say that I do have a Goblin v2 and it is a damned fine little tank. I can block off one side and go single coil and I can shut down the airflow to what suits me. The condensation, yeah it's a quirk but I have not had this little tank leak and that impresses me no end. Good flavour because it has a small chamber, easy build and easy fill. Just wished I had of got a silver one, black was all they had where I got it. I reckon it would be right up your alley, the airflow control is really good. UD have made some good tanks over the years.
    rodbam, mpc3k and shaneo like this.

AVF Regular
    Ah that's great news Merexy coming from a MTL vapor like you means it would suit me just fine. Thanks mate.
    merexy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Just off topic slightly rod, what ever happened to your melo iii? I used my friends and i enjoyed it on her pico kit.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
    rodbam likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    Ah that's great news Merexy coming from a MTL vapor like you means it would suit me just fine. Thanks mate.
    My pleasure Rod. Get a genuine though (yes they have cloned them!). Get one locally, they are under 40 bucks.
    rodbam likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gurishka View Post
    Just off topic slightly rod, what ever happened to your melo iii? I used my friends and i enjoyed it on her pico kit.
    The Melo seemed to act the same way as other sub ohm tanks I have tried by shutting the airflow down to how I like it I would get very thin vapour compared to the nice smooth dense vapour of the Rose V2 clone & the Kabuki clone using aspire 1.8ohm clapton coils or normal Nautilus coils. The only way I got good vapour from from the Melo was to open up the airflow & suck hard like they do in review videos but my lungs can't take that amount. I have now bought the rebuildable coils for the Melo & with a 3mm dia vertical coil at 1ohm & 18w the Melo is now a lot closer to my other attys.
    gurishka likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by merexy View Post
    My pleasure Rod. Get a genuine though (yes they have cloned them!). Get one locally, they are under 40 bucks.
    Yes I've just had a look & at that price I will get the genuine.

AVF Regular
    I conned The Sodd into buying one as well!
    rodbam likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by merexy View Post
    I conned The Sodd into buying one as well!
    Haha Poor ole Sodd he had to put up with all my questions when I was learning to mix juice:-)
    Bugger, I was hoping to get an order in at Wick & Wire for the Goblin & Pico along with some Nautilus coils I would have got free shipping but they have sold out of the Goblins. The only other store I could find with both these items is Vaphilia & they are about $5 dearer on both items & no free shipping that I could see.
    I'm wondering whether to just get the Avocado & Pico from Wick & Wire for the free shipping that's if I can find out if the Avocado will suit the way I vape.

AVF Regular
    I'm under the impression that the Avocado is pretty airy. Maybe someone will pipe up. I guess you can sell it if you don't like it.
    rodbam likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast