AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Kanger Dripbox vs Subtank

Been using the kanger subtank for a few months and decided to give the dripbox a go. Charged it and followed directions as per the manual and whatever I could find on youtube. Inhaling its weird like its wet and sprinkly - I can only assume this is faulty right? How are they supposed to vape in comparison to the subtank or is it much of a muchness? Whats the lifespan for the subtanks? So long as the atomiser is getting changed and the device cleaned /maintained it should do me a year at least right?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by VapeDontSmokeAU View Post
    Been using the kanger subtank for a few months and decided to give the dripbox a go. Charged it and followed directions as per the manual and whatever I could find on youtube. Inhaling its weird like its wet and sprinkly - I can only assume this is faulty right? How are they supposed to vape in comparison to the subtank or is it much of a muchness? Whats the lifespan for the subtanks? So long as the atomiser is getting changed and the device cleaned /maintained it should do me a year at least right?
    Try turning the power down on the dripbox. If it's spraying juice everywhere, it's a bit hot. It's also the bad design in the Subdrip RDA. There are better bottom feed RDAs out there - hop over to the squonking thread and ask for some advice there. All things that Squonk I think SV might be doing a second run of his modified bottom feed atties.

Things that can make this problem worse are a coil diameter that is too small, incorrect airflow (the main problem with the Subdrip) and a coil that is over saturated.

You'll get a very different vape with the subdrip because the chamber is much larger and the airflow is very high. The Subdrip 160 is not much better either - it also tends to spit - not their most endearing characteristic.

The Subtank should last as long as you look after the threads and the O-rings. The O-rings are replaceable (a couple of bucks) but once the threads are ruined it's all over. You can get spare RBA sections, spare bases, spare glass, and I suppose if the threads on the top cap give out (unlikely since it's bottom fill) there's bell caps available. A bit like the farmer that's had the same axe for 40 years. The head was changed once and it's had 4 new handles, but it's the same axe ;-)
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.