Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: RTA recommendations

AVF Regular

RTA recommendations

Hey guy's pretty much as title says. As always I've done a bit of researching online, but just wanted some opinions from AVF. Basically wondering what people would recommend for a beginner RTA. Only restrictions is it needs to be a 22mm tank.

Basis setup I'm looking to run is single coil kanthal builds, will be running between 1-2ohm builds and aimed for MTL. Also just wondering what gauge wire people would recommend for starting out? Got no problem with the theory side, just not 100% sure till I can get my hands on the gear and tinker away. Cheers everyone!

A government is a body of people, usually notibly ungoverned. - Derrial Book

AVF Regular
    For MTL I'd suggest either a SQuape X or a Kayfun 5
    The originals are quite expensive but there are some really good clones out there
    RogueTomato likes this.
    Current Mods
    • Triade DNA200
    • Therion DNA75
    • Broadside
    • Noisy Cricket V2
    • Punto Zero
    • Kimech
    • USV-L

Current Attys
    • Monster V3
    • Squape X
    • Kayfun V5
    • Reload RTA
    • Goon
    • Goon v1.5
    • In'sane
    • Hadaly
    • Tricktank Pro
    • Tokugawa
    • CSMNT
    • BMI Nova
    • Icon
    • Pulse 22
    • Narda
    • Flave 24
    • HAKU!!!

AVF Regular
    Mtl... I'm out sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tpe
    AVF Regular
    I would definitely suggest a kayfun v4 and 30 or 32 gauge ss316 or kanthal.
    RogueTomato likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueTomato View Post
    Hey guy's pretty much as title says. As always I've done a bit of researching online, but just wanted some opinions from AVF. Basically wondering what people would recommend for a beginner RTA. Only restrictions is it needs to be a 22mm tank.

Basis setup I'm looking to run is single coil kanthal builds, will be running between 1-2ohm builds and aimed for MTL. Also just wondering what gauge wire people would recommend for starting out? Got no problem with the theory side, just not 100% sure till I can get my hands on the gear and tinker away. Cheers everyone!
    6 wraps of 28g gives just over 1 ohm. 30g will give you about 1.5 ohms. Add some for the legs if they are long.

Kayfun 5 with the $10 airflow limiting kit will do. The problem is you will be dropping over $200 landed.

Cubis RBA section is rubbish in my opinion. It looks like rebuilding a 2014 Kanger protank head, rubber grommet and all.

The RBA in the Subtank I know and love, but the Subtank might be a bit airy. Honestly the smallest airflow hole is too tight for MTL for me but I know some people like a really tight draw. Maybe block one of the holes? There's a clone airflow base that is a bit tighter than the original.
    RogueTomato likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Everything I recommend will be old school......

What's your budget?
    RogueTomato likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolous View Post
    For MTL I'd suggest either a SQuape X or a Kayfun 5
    The originals are quite expensive but there are some really good clones out there
    Cheers nikolous, hadn't heard of the SQuape I like the look. would definitely have to be a clone though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tpe View Post
    I would definitely suggest a kayfun v4 and 30 or 32 gauge ss316 or kanthal.
    Thanks Tpe, had been looking at the kayfuns.

Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    6 wraps of 28g gives just over 1 ohm. 30g will give you about 1.5 ohms. Add some for the legs if they are long.

Kayfun 5 with the $10 airflow limiting kit will do. The problem is you will be dropping over $200 landed.

Cubis RBA section is rubbish in my opinion. It looks like rebuilding a 2014 Kanger protank head, rubber grommet and all.

The RBA in the Subtank I know and love, but the Subtank might be a bit airy. Honestly the smallest airflow hole is too tight for MTL for me but I know some people like a really tight draw. Maybe block one of the holes? There's a clone airflow base that is a bit tighter than the original.
    Cheers for the gauge info fab and Tpe, all the info I need Yeah thanks fab, little bit above my budget will have to check info on clones unfortunately. Using a 1.1mm airflow on the naut and don't even mind the 1.4mm but 1.8mm gets airy for me. Will check out the subtank and the airflow base. Thanks mate.

Quote Originally Posted by merexy View Post
    Everything I recommend will be old school...... What's your budget?
    Ha ha I don't mind old school, well I don't mind spending a bit more to get something that'll last me for a while. I'm already over the disposable coils. but I don't know, suppose $100 would definitely be my max.
    fabricator4 likes this.

A government is a body of people, usually notibly ungoverned. - Derrial Book

CMB
    AVF Regular
    If you don't mind a bit of a tinker, grab a Wotofo Serpent and make your own reducer to shove in the guts under the coil to restrict the airflow.

As good as any high end MTL tank atty IMO and a piece of piss to build.

Can be had for under $50.

AVF Regular
    You can still get a new Russian 91% for just over that $100 here in Oz. My original is still in service after being used nearly every day for the past 2 years. Pretty happy with that I bought another one from the same seller just recently. That's pretty good service! The Kayfun Mini V3 would suit but a bit expensive, don't know what the clones are like. AGA-T5 and T7's can be had new again here for under 30 bucks, good tough tanks. Still Kayfun Lite Plus to be had but a tad over budget. UD Goblin Mini v2 is not bad of the newer tanks. Pico clone. S/H Rose v2, Taifun GT. You might do alright with a WTB in the classies. Not going into the more esoteric stuff.
    RogueTomato likes this.

AVF Regular
    3x Orchid V6 Styled RTA
    3x Orchid V6 Styled RTA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast