Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Two questions

AVF Regular

Two questions

FirstQuestion...
    The wife needs a good traveling tank. She loves her Nautilus minis and wants something that feels similar but with a larger capacity, a shorter driptip and if possible topfill for when she's out and about. She's MTL and one thing she's found is that she far prefers the narrower bore of the Nautilus compared to the wider bore of my Crowns. Any suggestions?

Second Question...
    The Petri Lite V2. Is it worth it? I've never used a mech and was looking around at something solid, reliable, non clone and it caught my eye. Am I simply attracted to the finish or is it actually a good mech? What el;se would you suggest as Baby's First Mech?
    “Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I'm not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you've felt that way.”
    ― Charles Bukowski

AVF Regular
    I just went through this as I have to MTL at work (only cause it's a lot quieter)

After lots of searching I settled on the Kabuki (they have clones on FT - but be careful which one you get). Takes Nautilus coils and holds 3ml. Has a replaceable drip tip, but is a bottom fill. And it's 22mm so wider than the Nautilus.

My other work tank is the Silo Lite, holds 3.5ml, a good solid tank and same width as the Nautilus Mini but doesn't take the Nautilus coils - takes the Aspire BVC coils, and is also bottom fill.
    Last edited by CupCake; 09-07-16 at 07:03 PM.

AVF Regular
    I second the Kabuki & I would say it's the best MTL atty out there. It has better airflow than the Nautilus mini & holds a bit more juice with a nice drip tip too. I paid a bit extra for the one that looked better quality on Fasttech with the blue O rings. It comes with spare colored O rings & a spare black drip tip. $25au. https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...il-clearomizer
    I've just watched a review of the mech mod & it does seem to be a top mod. One thing to watch is it has a hybrid top so you have to be very careful what you put on it as a lot of attys have very short 510 pins & this could short out your battery so look into this before you buy it.
    Last edited by rodbam; 09-07-16 at 06:29 PM.

AVF Regular
    I'll pop my 2 cents in. Nautilus X with the 4ml extension kit. Personally I love the nautilus X as a MTL tank.

Added bonus of this is you can shrink it for a stealth setup if needed

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the advice guys...

In the end and after reviewing a ton of options she's decided to go with a Plato for now. That way she can use the coils she already knows and likes, get's a larger juice capacity and all the excitement of a new mod thrown into the bargain.

As for me, I tossed thew idea of a Petri lite around but I really couldn't justify the price, especially for my first mech mod. I decided to go with a Smpl clone to start with and see where things go from there.
    “Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I'm not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you've felt that way.”
    ― Charles Bukowski

AVF Regular
    The arachnid spider mod is a good value telescopic mechanical. I was thinking about getting one an blinging it with Ducky's alcohol inks or something.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    The arachnid spider mod is a good value telescopic mechanical. I was thinking about getting one an blinging it with Ducky's alcohol inks or something.
    I haven't been called Ducky before ROFL
    Fatman and merexy like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Aren't you the privileged one now!
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Ooops. Sorry I had a brain fart. :-/

First day home after nearly a month away; I think I'm a little out of sorts.

Uncle just died yesterday (lung cancer) so it's back on the plane for me. Two family members gone in just over 30 days. Father in law was 94, but Uncle Pete was way younger than that. I only got him vaping ealier this year, too late unfortunately.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 10-07-16 at 06:42 PM.
    Crisscross likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    I'm sorry to hear that Fab, I've lost family members as well...so, my condolences....
    fabricator4 likes this.
    ― Charles Bukowski

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast