• 2 Post By rodbam
  • 1 Post By fabricator4
  • 1 Post By Danyel Geelong
  • 1 Post By martybaker

Thread: (noob) looking for cheap upgrade from ego-t

AVF Regular

(noob) looking for cheap upgrade from ego-t

Hi,

I am looking for a cheap upgrade from my ego-t. I tried to start out technical with a dripper and a homemade mod which was a massive failure so what I am looking for is something less than $50 with a tank that will improve my vaping experience as I experiment with different flavours, nic strengths and pg/vg ratios.

I am a fine of these little cherry flavoured cigars called Cherise and I would like to replicate that complex tobacco and subtle cherry taste, though I have not yet tried anything outside of my 24mg HiLIQ sample box.

I am interested in building coils eventually but as stated by a few of the members on this forum I was getting too technical too early.

AVF Regular
    The Eleaf Pico starter kit might interest Marty although it's $15 more than your budget. It's a terrific mod. Eleaf iStick Pico 75W TC Starter Kit – Wick And Wire Co.
    eteach and CycoPablo like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by martybaker View Post
    Hi,

I am looking for a cheap upgrade from my ego-t. I tried to start out technical with a dripper and a homemade mod which was a massive failure so what I am looking for is something less than $50 with a tank that will improve my vaping experience as I experiment with different flavours, nic strengths and pg/vg ratios.

I am a fine of these little cherry flavoured cigars called Cherise and I would like to replicate that complex tobacco and subtle cherry taste, though I have not yet tried anything outside of my 24mg HiLIQ sample box.

I am interested in building coils eventually but as stated by a few of the members on this forum I was getting too technical too early.
    If you want something with a little more airy draw but excellent flavour the Subox kit from kanger might fit the bill. It's about $55 from Fasttech, maybe $65/$70 from an Australian store. If you want a tighter draw then maybe the Pico starter kit would be the go.

If you want something cheaper and easier to use (just one button) then have a look at the Joyetech AIO and the Innokin T-18. Both are light years ahead of the Ego-T

For a cherry cigar vape I sometimes make one for friends with a flue cured tobacco flavour and some cherry flavour. French pipe also works well. Most Cherry tobacco flavours I've bought have either been too much cherry or not a good tobacco flavour. Keep trying though, only you will know the exact right flavour when you find it.
    Gresh11 likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    If you want something with a little more airy draw but excellent flavour the Subox kit from kanger might fit the bill. It's about $55 from Fasttech, maybe $65/$70 from an Australian store.
    I should have said if you go with the Subox you'll also need a battery. Get a Samsung 25R from Vapeking - it's about $10. You can charge it by plugging the Subox into a 1 amp USB charger, or you can buy a dedicated 18650 charger (not the cheap wall chargers) and multiple batteries. A bit more outlay but well worth it in the long run.

AVF Regular
    +1 for the Joyetech AIO. Well within your budget though, not so good if you are wanting to use it for trying multiple flavours, as this may require to clean out the tank and use a fresh coil with each flavour change. Or you can do what I do, and just keep refilling and vaping unflavoured to dilute the current flavour until you can no longer taste it before adding a new flavour to try.
    RogueTomato likes this.
    Mods~ VamoV2(PIFed),V5(x3(2 PIFed, 1 Sold))*Istick 20(Dead),30(x2(Both PIFed)),50(Dead),40TC(x2(1 PIFed, 1 Sold))*Vapor Shark rDNA40(Sold), DNA200(Traded), Flask V2.1(Sold)*IPV D2(x2(1 Dead, 1 Sold)),4S*eVic VT(x2(1 Dead, 1 PIFed)),VTC(x6(2 PIFed)*Sigelei 150W*Smok X-Cube II(Sold)*YiHi SX Mini M Class.*Wismec DNA200(x3),RX200(Sold)*eLeaf Pico, Pico Squeeze(x4)*CoV Wraith*Mechs ~ Genuine Phenom The Beast PVF Edition*Stingray X(x2)*Nemesis(x3)*King*Le Petit Gros(x3)*Kato*Black Hawk*Abaddon

AVF Regular
    would you mind sharing the recipe for myself and any other folks viewing please?
    {If you want something with a little more airy draw but excellent flavour the Subox kit from kanger might fit the bill. It's about $55 from Fasttech, maybe $65/$70 from an Australian store. If you want a tighter draw then maybe the Pico starter kit would be the go.

If you want something cheaper and easier to use (just one button) then have a look at the Joyetech AIO and the Innokin T-18. Both are light years ahead of the Ego-T

For a cherry cigar vape I sometimes make one for friends with a flue cured tobacco flavour and some cherry flavour. French pipe also works well. Most Cherry tobacco flavours I've bought have either been too much cherry or not a good tobacco flavour. Keep trying though, only you will know the exact right flavour when you find it.}

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    I should have said if you go with the Subox you'll also need a battery. Get a Samsung 25R from Vapeking - it's about $10. You can charge it by plugging the Subox into a 1 amp USB charger, or you can buy a dedicated 18650 charger (not the cheap wall chargers) and multiple batteries. A bit more outlay but well worth it in the long run.
    fortunately I have the required batteries

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Assuming you're determined to scrape in under $50, I'll expand on rodbam's suggestion by linking FT (~43-49 AUD)...
    Genuine Pico 75W with 2ml or 4ml tank

If you need it super-quick, the local dealer^^^ would be best. Pay the $2 priority with FT and it's still about two weeks.
    Last edited by CycoPablo; 10-07-16 at 02:41 PM. Reason: typo

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by martybaker View Post
    would you mind sharing the recipe for myself and any other folks viewing please?
    Sure! It's pretty simple, but these are using Liq concentrates which I'm out of and I probably won't buy any more since Hiliq and others have come along. You might have to play with the ratios a little. It's probably an easy intro into true DIY though.

Liq Cherry Cigar 5%
    Liq Flue cured tobacco 2%

I also liked a cherry cigar very occasionally. While the 'cherry' on most cigars is just a subtle richness I found the Liq cherry cigar concentrate to be too heavy on the cherry, almost overpowering. I fixed this by only mixing it at 5% and adding the flue cured tobacco which gave it a nice smokiness. The flue cured was quite a strong and complex flavour which you'd expect from a flue cured tobacco. Everyone who tried it who was looking for this kind of vape really loved it. The samplers I gave out never lasted very long. These flavours are dialed up for a smokers palate, they may be too strong for some.

I believe that both of these flavours should be available in other brands. Just a straight authentic cherry might be OK instead of the cherry cigar too, since you are adding flue cured tobacco (or any other that takes your fancy).

I like the Flavourart stuff both because the flavours are generally very high quality across the board and because they really do care about excluding chemicals that may be a problem, like diacetyl. Have a look at the FA Clearstream project.

When you get some flavours vape them on their own first (2% max at first, then higher or lower as required). This will give you a much better idea what ratios to start with. You then vape one batch of your mix before you decide which way the ratios need to go. If you get sick of it too quickly it probably means your flavours are too strong (a common rookie mistake). If this happens stop immediately and mix another batch with adjusted flavouring. Sometimes (often) less is more which is good for your health and for your wallet.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the recipe, I will be looking forward to trying it. I bought the Joyetech egoA10 by the way, much stronger, but I am not sure the 24mg HiLIQ sample pack juice does it justice, though I do quitte like the ice blueberry.
    fabricator4 likes this.