Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Dotmod Petri Lite

AVF Regular

Dotmod Petri Lite

I've asked about this before but I didn't get much response. I just wanna know what the forum consensus is on the Petri Lite?

I'd never rocked a mech before when I first saw it so I grabbed a Smpl clone first to get my feet wet. So far I'm loving it. It's just made my desire for a Dotmod setup even stronger.

So...whadda you guys think? Is it worth the dough?
    “Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I'm not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you've felt that way.”
    ― Charles Bukowski

AVF Regular
    Dotmod products are pretty dear. But mainly due to quality of the product. For mechs I'm not too sure the quality of vape is improved based off the mod (correct me if i'm wrong. I'm more of a regulated device kinda person).
    If it's running off an 18650 it's direct power from the battery. So essentially a mech mod is just a housing?
    Current Mods
    • Triade DNA200
    • Therion DNA75
    • Broadside
    • Noisy Cricket V2
    • Punto Zero
    • Kimech
    • USV-L

Current Attys
    • Monster V3
    • Squape X
    • Kayfun V5
    • Reload RTA
    • Goon
    • Goon v1.5
    • In'sane
    • Hadaly
    • Tricktank Pro
    • Tokugawa
    • CSMNT
    • BMI Nova
    • Icon
    • Pulse 22
    • Narda
    • Flave 24
    • HAKU!!!

AVF Regular

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolous View Post
    So essentially a mech mod is just a housing?
    For sure, but I think it's a bit more than that. On the one hand, since it is such a simple device you are relying on the design features for safety. On the other, since it is such a simple device there's an elegance to what can be done simply and mechanically that appeals to me.
    btobw likes this.
    “Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I'm not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you've felt that way.”
    ― Charles Bukowski

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    For sure, but I think it's a bit more than that. On the one hand, since it is such a simple device you are relying on the design features for safety. On the other, since it is such a simple device there's an elegance to what can be done simply and mechanically that appeals to me.
    The thing most important for safety is the stuff between your ears. It's far more important to prevent the problem in the first place. Most mechs are vented at the bottom, but batteries are designed to vent from the positive end. Before a battery vents it will normally swell up, plugging the tube, which means it can't vent. Well it does, it's just that it does so eventually by ejecting the battery first.
    Legion likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    The thing most important for safety is the stuff between your ears. It's far more important to prevent the problem in the first place. Most mechs are vented at the bottom, but batteries are designed to vent from the positive end. Before a battery vents it will normally swell up, plugging the tube, which means it can't vent. Well it does, it's just that it does so eventually by ejecting the battery first.
    All true and excellent points Fab. When I said design was a integral in safety I should have been more clear, I only meant in terms of the mod firing in your pocket or while standing up. The key safety feature is, as you said, between the ears of the user. Knowledge and caution, in all things at all times.
    fabricator4 likes this.
    ― Charles Bukowski

AVF Regular
    As long as you know about the hybrid top & what to look out for it seems like a very nice mod. Just make sure your center pin at the bottom of your atty sticks out from the 510 thread a reasonable amount & you should be fine.
    Is it worth the money, well I don't think so & that's because I prefer regulated mods but for someone into mech mods & loves to own something of quality then I suppose it is worth it
    Last edited by rodbam; 13-07-16 at 03:50 PM.
    Legion likes this.

AVF Regular
    For me aesthetically, once I saw then owned and used the SMPL it's the only tube mod I want. Any other looks excessive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MCYL View Post
    For me aesthetically, once I saw then owned and used the SMPL it's the only tube mod I want. Any other looks excessive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I gotta admit it's pretty sweet. It's what has sparked my interest in other mech tube mods. The ones that are splattered with paint or have excessive "stuff" on them don't interest me as much...it the solid simple ones that I like. I saw a review of the first Petri..at least I think it was...and the magnetic switch was pretty cool.
    merexy likes this.
    ― Charles Bukowski

AVF Regular
    Go and spend a few hours in the "Show us your genuine mods" thread.....
    Crisscross likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast