Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Legion

Thread: Help me choose a mech?

AVF Regular

Help me choose a mech?

Ok, so over the course a a few months I've progressed from complete noobie using a Kanger starter kit I've progressed through a solid higher wattage device with a few Crown tanks to rebuilding my own and using a Smpl. The Smpl paired with a troll has become my daily driver with an Avacodo24 on a Cuboid as backup. I have to say...both of them taste and feel so much better that prebuilt coils especially the Smpl freshly dripped with a fresh battery.

That said, I've been thinking that I would like to get another mech. I have a few requirements in mind and I'm having a hard time finding one or choosing. I was leaning towards the Noisy Cricket but what I've read about the quality of the switch tend to turn me off a bit. I want what I get next to be solid and reliable.

So...here is my list of requirements/needs...

1) preferably dual battery
    2) Preferably 510 over hydrid
    3) leaning towards a box if dual battery, tube if single
    4) must be purty!
    5) not overly expensive, under $100
    6) currently available in Aus, I'd rather not order from OS if possible
    7) not a clone
    8) no splatter paint jobs
    9) I like brass and copper
    10) must be a straight up mech, no chips or wiring..this thing should be apocalypse proof

things I have considered..

Skyladon...like it, would like it better in brass, can't find a local vendor who has them
    Wotofo Phantom...seems ok but the only local vendor who has them only has splattered versions
    Twisted Tripple...seems solid if basic looking, don't like the 420 connection
    Noisy Cricket...strongest contender. Would prefer parallel but can deal with series. Concerned about stories about arcing, button wearing and cracking, still hybrid. I'm very surprised no one has released a third party upgrade kit that fixes it issues properly..the Fat Daddy one doesn't go far enough IMHO
    Bigfoot...also a strong contender and meets most of the criteria, 'ceptin' it's as ugly as day old butt!

So hit me up! Show me what I'm missing!
    “Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I'm not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you've felt that way.”
    ― Charles Bukowski

AVF Regular
    sadly ive outgrown mechs i need something with a bit of oomph.

they are hard to find, especially for $100 but try the dimitri.
    cant get much mech then that, not the prettiest thing if you dislike plain.
    on the plus side it doubles up as a weapon.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for your help guys..

in the end I decided to go with the Noisy Cricket, paired with an Indestructible.
    fabricator4 likes this.
    “Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I'm not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you've felt that way.”
    ― Charles Bukowski