• 5 Post By fabricator4
  • 1 Post By gate7
  • 2 Post By Fractal
  • 1 Post By nikolous
  • 1 Post By nikolous

Thread: RTA which doesn't crack

AVF Regular

RTA which doesn't crack

Hey hope someone can provide some advice / experience with a new tank, started using some citrus juices from five ten and my Bellus UD has cracked, I'm onto my last spare glass/Pyrex so don't want to risk it again, put the flavours away for now...

Normally run dual coils and prefer a tank rather than RDA.

Something available locally would be great, just not sure when reading the specs of some tanks it states 'glass' but that could also mean Pyrex

So if someone here normally used five ten juice such as whorange or tropical sparkle any advise on which tank you are using would be great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gate7; 23-07-16 at 03:07 PM.

AVF Regular
    Neither glass or Pyrex should crack because of the juice. "Tank Cracking" from juice affects polycarbonate tanks through some unknown mechanism but probably by leaching the plasticisers out of the polymer base... It used to be a big issue in the days of clearomisers, not so much now.

I've used both borosilicate (Pyrex) and soda glass ($1.00 FT replacements) in my Subtanks and the only cause of them cracking is my clumsy ass doing something stupid.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 23-07-16 at 04:47 PM.
    Noe, Fatman, gate7 and 2 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Mm ok maybe it was a coincidence, will get a couple spares then try again thanks

fabricator4 likes this.

AVF Regular
    If the Bellus is anything like the Goliath v2 - make sure your o-rings are seated correctly and properly lubed (just put a bit of VG or juice on 'em, I'm sure you know the drill), and try not to overtighten all the screw-together bits.

I haven't had a Bellus, but the reason I say that is that the Goliath v2 is also a UD / Youde tank from the same era, and they've made the tolerances too tight. It's a hand slicing, thread sticking, nightmare to deal with (but it vapes so well I keep it around anyway). On more than one occasion I've been doing something with the threads and felt like the glass tank was going to give out. Were the glass tank section not seated exactly correctly, I could see how someone could crack a tank just through filling or playing with the JFC / AFC rings.

I hope the Bellus doesn't suffer from the same issue, and you've just had a bad glass section with a small chip or other manufacturing defect that went unnoticed.

Yeah, as Fabricator said - juices don't crack glass. That's just an issue with certain juices interacting with certain types of plastic. Totalled a few tanks that way myself . Totalled a few glass tanks too - but that's been due to dropping them on hard surfaces or pointy metal things.
    fabricator4 and gate7 like this.
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.

AVF Regular
    yeah glass doesn't crack with juice. Only PC or Plastic tanks.
    merexy likes this.
    Current Mods
    • Triade DNA200
    • Therion DNA75
    • Broadside
    • Noisy Cricket V2
    • Punto Zero
    • Kimech
    • USV-L

Current Attys
    • Monster V3
    • Squape X
    • Kayfun V5
    • Reload RTA
    • Goon
    • Goon v1.5
    • In'sane
    • Hadaly
    • Tricktank Pro
    • Tokugawa
    • CSMNT
    • BMI Nova
    • Icon
    • Pulse 22
    • Narda
    • Flave 24
    • HAKU!!!

AVF Regular
    Cool thanks for all the advise, yeah probably my stuff up and over tightening... Will give it another go being more careful. They are a great tank, have been using two of them for over 7 months now

Might look at another tank now my daily flavour range has grown, much easier having a few tanks than cleaning and swapping all the time, 3x $30-40 over a one year period is peanuts compared to smokes

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gate7 View Post
    Cool thanks for all the advise, yeah probably my stuff up and over tightening... Will give it another go being more careful. They are a great tank, have been using two of them for over 7 months now

Might look at another tank now my daily flavour range has grown, much easier having a few tanks than cleaning and swapping all the time, 3x $30-40 over a one year period is peanuts compared to smokes

Instead of sticking with the Bellus and getting a few of them, you should try some others that might be better in flavour, quality, etc but in the same kinda price range.
    The aromamizer V1 or 2 are great for flavour. Good juice capacity too.
    gate7 likes this.
    Current Mods
    • Triade DNA200
    • Therion DNA75
    • Broadside
    • Noisy Cricket V2
    • Punto Zero
    • Kimech
    • USV-L

Current Attys
    • Monster V3
    • Squape X