Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Vesh
  • 2 Post By gurishka
  • 1 Post By captive
  • 1 Post By Vesh

Thread: Difference Between The Two New IPV 6X And IPV 400?

AVF Regular

Difference Between The Two New IPV 6X And IPV 400?

Hi,

Does anybody know what the differences between the Pioneer 4You's new IPV 6X and IPV 400 are? Am looking at buying the better model. They look about the same, so I am unsure.

Thanks,

Toe.

AVF Regular
    the IPV 400 is rated at 200w and the 6X is 215w (though some sites are claiming only 200w). They're using YiHi SX chipsets inside. I think they're both the 330 chip. So I'd assume that they're both "officially" 200w. Be careful with the whole 2-battery at high wattages, and know your ohms law. the 6X looks to have a larger screen on it, a different shape and placement of everything on the mod too.
    Last edited by gurishka; 27-07-16 at 12:05 AM.

AVF Regular
    I just read somewhere that the IPV 400 has an SX 330-F4 chip. And the IPV 6X has an SX 330-F6 chip. What is the difference between the F4 and the F6? Sorry, but I don't know anything about YiHi chips. Just want to get the better one.

Toe.
    Last edited by Toe Tall Noob; 27-07-16 at 05:36 PM.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by gurishka View Post
    the IPV 400 is rated at 200w and the 6X is 215w (though some sites are claiming only 200w). They're using YiHi SX chipsets inside. I think they're both the 330 chip. So I'd assume that they're both "officially" 200w. Be careful with the whole 2-battery at high wattages, and know your ohms law. the 6X looks to have a larger screen on it, a different shape and placement of everything on the mod too.
    Ohms law only matters with mech mods.. Regulated mods calculate amp draw completely differently. Resistance has absolutely nothing to do with it. What comes into play is efficiency of circuitry when for example doing really low builds and high watts, many chips drop to 80% but yihi/dna and good ones can be 90-95.

I'll make it simple, to do 200 watts safely, and only pulsed at that, with 2 18650's in a regulated mod, you need HB6's which are the best battery available locally in OZ.

You divide the 200/2, = 100 watts per battery.. I *believe* the IPv6X goes down to 3.2 volts, so we have to use worse scenario here.. you divide the 100w per battery by 3.2 = 31.25 amps, then let's take 10% efficiency off so divide by 0.9 = 34.7 amps, basically at 200 watts, in the worst case scenario the ipv will draw 35 amps per battery.

NOW, the HB6's can do 30 continuously (NO other 18650 can do that safely, regardless what their wrapper says), and can safely pulse to 40 (5 seconds vape, 10 seconds break), max.

If you don't need the full 200 watts, you can do around 130 safely with 2x25R, and more like 170 with VTC5A's (again pulsed), continuous with VTC5As, you could vape with your finger literally on the button all day at 150 watts.

PS at 4 volts the situation is different...let's say even 3.6 volts nominal if you keep your batteries topped up.. 100/3.6/0.9 is just under 31 amps, and if your batts are at 4 volts we are looking at just under 28 amps.. i do know some that never let their batteries go below nominal and just keep them charged as often as possible to hit the hardest (most reg mods will do high wattages a lot less accurately with low batteries anyway).

Sorry for my first post being a correction, i have lurked for ages, joined e-cigarette forum a while back and learned much from Mooch, and was just browsing today on google looking for ipv 400 and 6x opinion with TC mode, as i saw some on special, and came across this topic.

Oh, and hi everyone
    PS sorry for necro bump.. but if anyone knows if the ipv5 and/or 400 can do a good 316 TC vape using TCR, i found a couple VERY cheap so let me know!
    Last edited by Vesh; 19-06-17 at 09:42 PM.
    PATDACAT likes this.

AVF Regular
    Interesting reply mate. But if the board goes faulty and out of spec with internal resistance then it can be dangerous. Honestly, knowing ohms law regardless of whether you're using a regulated or mech is a good skill to have.
    Fatman and rockmoose like this.

AVF Regular
    Oh and hi! And welcome too. Just remember to fill out your profile and where you are and be sure to have a read of the rules
    Cheers

AVF Regular
    I have a 6x and it is by far the best 2 battery mod I have as far as holding in the hand goes. It has no problems at all runs temp very well once you work out the joules settings and remember to read and lock the coil in first up. If you do buy a 6x its worth making sure that the firmware is 1.5 as the earlier versions had problems and you cant update it.
    Vesh likes this.

Thanks @captive.. Very hard to find a 1.5 locally... Watching Daniel's review it really is the one to have.

@gurishka, thanks, i filled out the profile, hopefully this is ok. Also please note, I am only using battery mooch's calculations in my post, I have spoken to him about it at length and he has posted about it many times.. resistance is of no consequence in regulated mods..they calculate amp draw totally differently.. if you had a 2 ohm coil at 100 watts or a 0.1 coil at 100, it wouldn't make a difference. I trust him.
    Last edited by Vesh; 21-06-17 at 04:49 PM. Reason: typo, i had 200 watts instead of 100
    rodbam likes this.

By the way if anyone is interested in Mooch's original post on this it's here.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_..._on_regulated/

Also, I spoke with him (Mooch) at length about a four battery mod i bought (ijoy maxo quad) and he explained very clearly.. in regulated mods it doesn't matter what combination of parallel or serial the batteries are, i's always watts setting divided by number of batteries, divided by voltage of batteries and then /0.9.. I am a bit of a safety above all else guy, so I usually do my own calculations using 80% efficiency, therefore i divide the final result by 0.8. Most boards these days are well more efficient than that, but in a nutshell, i try not to go over the batteries tesed CDR by mooch, even when just pulsing. I also buy only from places i trust, like supersports 600 (great guy!). I got the info about him(Yasser from supersports) from THIS forum as a lurker, so i presume it's ok to mention him.