Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fabricator4

Thread: VCP won't fire

AVF Regular

VCP won't fire

I'm having some trouble with my red VCP mod. It worked from new for about half a day, then nothing.
    I'm using it with a Tsunami 24 RDA.
    I've pulled it apart half a dozen times, checked voltage across 510 pin and thread, getting 8.2V on fresh batts.
    cleaned all contacts, tried dripper on other mods, changed batteries.
    My next step is to get another RDA, maybe a glacier 3 or something like that

Anyone else had similar issues?
    Any suggestion welcome, I really like the mod and am hanging to use on a regular basis...

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by helixx View Post
    I'm having some trouble with my red VCP mod. It worked from new for about half a day, then nothing.
    I'm using it with a Tsunami 24 RDA.
    I've pulled it apart half a dozen times, checked voltage across 510 pin and thread, getting 8.2V on fresh batts.
    cleaned all contacts, tried dripper on other mods, changed batteries.
    My next step is to get another RDA, maybe a glacier 3 or something like that

Anyone else had similar issues?
    Any suggestion welcome, I really like the mod and am hanging to use on a regular basis...
    Do the batteries or anything else get warm when you try to fire it? That would indicate a short circuit, Apart from that, something is not making contact. Strip you device down to just the 510 base and screw it onto the mod. While firing test the voltage between between the positive and ground. If you see 8.4 volts there it probably indicates that the switch and 510 connection are all working. I'm thinking that most likely problem is the 510 centre pin not making proper connection which should be demonstrated with this test.
    helixx likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    No heat when device fired. I will check voltage across + and - posts next time I get a chance, I'm thinking the same, it may not be a proper connection in the 510 threa or the adjustable pin. A good excuse to get a nicer Rda anyway.

Thanks for the input.