• 1 Post By muscovyduckling
  • 7 Post By eLicky
  • 3 Post By stylemessiah
  • 2 Post By fabricator4
  • 1 Post By Legion

Thread: Well..that just makes sense!!

AVF Regular

Well..that just makes sense!!

I was installing a coil this morning. Got the atty sitting on top of the 521 Tab, coil sitting in place on a coiling tool and I'm trying to tighten down the grub nuts and keep it in place. It's a velocity style deck and I'm using one of those little "T" drivers that came with it. The problem is...I get about a third turn before I have to pull it out and reposition cause it keeps hitting the top of the 521. Tres annoying!!

Fast forward a couple of hours and I'm walking through Bunnings and I see a little multi attachment screwdriver set for under $5. Sure enough a quick look reveals that it had a 1.5 hex tip. Oh Joy!!!

I've since worked on two different attys with it and I have to tell ya....so fucking much easier!! You don't realize what a hindrance those little tools are till you replace them with something better. Better yet...since it has a ton of tips I should be able to use it with all sorts of attys in the future!
    “Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I'm not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you've felt that way.”
    ― Charles Bukowski

AVF Regular
    Link please!
    stylemessiah likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I've since worked on two different attys with it and I have to tell ya....so fucking much easier!! You don't realize what a hindrance those little tools are till you replace them with something better. Better yet...since it has a ton of tips I should be able to use it with all sorts of attys in the future!
    Good tools make a difference, but you tend to finish up with a lot of them. I have a "coil building box" which is like an oversize flat fishing tackle box. I had to cut out a couple of the dividers but it holds everything: wick, wire, ohmmeter, scissors, and all the other tools. Bonus is, as long as I remember to put them back I can always find them, instead of rummaging around on my desk which normally has the proceedings for about 6 different projects on it.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Good tools make a difference, but you tend to finish up with a lot of them. I have a "coil building box" which is like an oversize flat fishing tackle box. I had to cut out a couple of the dividers but it holds everything: wick, wire, ohmmeter, scissors, and all the other tools. Bonus is, as long as I remember to put them back I can always find them, instead of rummaging around on my desk which normally has the proceedings for about 6 different projects on it.
    You could advertise in your local paper, Fab's coil winding & wicking service.

Turn up to their doorstep with your little tackle box in hand and your Fab's Fabulous Coils t-shirt on.

Start now before the trend picks up.
    Limitless Lux / Buddha V3 30mm RDA
    iJoy Maxo / Mason 30mm RDA
    Pioneer4you IPV4S 120watt / Goon 24mm RDA

#rdalyf #clonelyf #buildinglyf #mixinglyf

AVF Regular
    Your level of organisation would not be welcome in my house

What you propose is considered witch talk and heresy

Youre trying to take the fun i get from conducting an archaeological dig on my desk and box in my desk
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 14-08-16 at 07:28 PM.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by eLicky View Post
    You could advertise in your local paper, Fab's coil winding & wicking service.

Turn up to their doorstep with your little tackle box in hand and your Fab's Fabulous Coils t-shirt on.

Start now before the trend picks up.
    I swear I must the only vaper in Mackay. *never* seen anyone vaping here anywhere. I started two locals vaping. One still isn't, I have no idea about the other.

I blame the health department up here. They were actually seizing mail deliveries from OS about five years ago: Deadly e-cigarettes seized | Rockhampton Morning Bulletin
    It's probably going to take decades to repair the damage they've done. Nearly two thousand Queenslanders are diagnosed with lung cancer every year. The number who suffer some form of COPD must be much higher but it's buried in the statistics (they like to report percentage by age only and that means squat unless you've got a full demographic breakdown and work backwards)

So, not a good prospect up here, unfortunately LOL
    1ynne and eLicky like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    heh...sounds like my entire house. Two sides are one color, two are another..one day I'll finish painting. There are tools in pretty much every room of the house, but the tool are in the laundry room is overrun with webs...maybe I should clean that? Nahhh...I'll just teach myself how to spin claptons instead!!
    Chrisso_88 likes this.
    “Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I'm not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you've felt that way.”
    ― Charles Bukowski

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I swear I must the only vaper in Mackay. *never* seen anyone vaping here anywhere. I started two locals vaping. One still isn't, I have no idea about the other.

I blame the health department up here. They were actually seizing mail deliveries from OS about five years ago: Deadly e-cigarettes seized | Rockhampton Morning Bulletin
    It's probably going to take decades to repair the damage they've done. Nearly two thousand Queenslanders are diagnosed with lung cancer every year. The number who suffer some form of COPD must be much higher but it's buried in the statistics (they like to report percentage by age only and that means squat unless you've got a full demographic breakdown and work backwards)

So, not a good prospect up here, unfortunately LOL
    Of course the government would do something like that, they make no money on vapes...