Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Perfect use for old tech

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Perfect use for old tech

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Crisscross, Fatman, btobw and 6 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I miss film. Everyone thinks they are a digital expert now. And bloody photoshop. Can't get it right in the camera, photoshop will fix.

Sorry for the rant. Nice use of the cans. Don't think I'd get a Russian in one!

AVF Regular
    I used to store my "herbs" in those things, back in the day. Little bit of nostalgia here.
    Crisscross, merexy, rodbam and 1 others like this.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by merexy View Post
    I miss film. Everyone thinks they are a digital expert now. And bloody photoshop. Can't get it right in the camera, photoshop will fix.
    It's funny how we talk about digital & analogue sound & it seems to be the same for photography. When I used film I never seemed to have to worry about blown highlights as the transition to blown was very gradual but with digital it's bang right there.
    I've found that photographers these days are far more proficient in Photoshop than they are with the camera so we see lots of flavour of the month processing. Other photographers call me a purist or a Luddite:-)
    Fatman, sc_rufctr, merexy and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    You and me both Rod! I still love digital but after all my years at photographic college I still like getting it right in the camera. I try to do as little as I can manipulating images in the computer. Most of my manipulation is done in mono.
    rodbam and Tpe like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by merexy View Post

Sorry for the rant. Nice use of the cans. Don't think I'd get a Russian in one!
    Yep, shoot on full auto and have no idea.

I honestly don't miss all the time spent in the wet darkroom though. How many stops of dynamic range do you want? I can processes it for you and make it sit up and beg. Just way too much hassle these days though.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Yep, shoot on full auto and have no idea.

I honestly don't miss all the time spent in the wet darkroom though. How many stops of dynamic range do you want? I can processes it for you and make it sit up and beg. Just way too much hassle these days though.
    I do and I don't, miss the darkroom. Bit of a love hate there. I miss the smell!

Everybody wanting more and more speed and I'm struggling to slow things down!

AVF Regular
    I find I do much the same in Photoshop as I did in the darkroom for my B&W shots, dodge & burn & plus or minus contrast. Here's a couple of the type of shots I like doing.
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    I used to store my "herbs" in those things, back in the day. Little bit of nostalgia here.
    Originally, I thought they were Specimen Jars
    merexy and trumpy955 like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    I was gonna say, I had a similar purpose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    merexy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast