• 3 Post By stylemessiah
  • 6 Post By Hoofprint
  • 4 Post By muscovyduckling
  • 1 Post By Legion
  • 1 Post By muscovyduckling

Thread: depressed...

AVF Regular

depressed...

So I got a new atty in today and at the same time I grabbed a roll of fused clapton wire to play with. I think I kinda fucked up when ordering it though and didn't think it though enough.

What I ordered was 24gx2 32g. Without think the calculations through I didn't realize how low that was gonna push it. Dual coils with 5 wraps was down in the 1.2 territory. Way too hot for me me, my comfort zone is usually .4-.5. Since it's so damn big I can't really fit any more wraps in there, it's snug enough as it is. Damn!

Guess I gotta order some more wire...
    Hoofprint and Chrisso_88 like this.
    “Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I'm not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you've felt that way.”
    ― Charles Bukowski

AVF Regular
    That's a shame. I've always had a problem the other way - I realise I should have ordered thicker stuff. Historically it is undertandable though - 32g single coils were the norm when I started. We thought even 26g was insane.

Yep, order more wire. If you need something right now though, just strip out a piece of 24g and coil something with that.
    Hoofprint, Chrisso_88 and Tpe like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Sometimes youre a bit screwed either way

In a moment of pointless exploration (because i already knew that a single coil in the Avo was best) i whacked in a dual coil build the other night...2 of my usual 7 wrap 26g 316 ss on 3mm coils (usually around the 0.6ohm mark) and ended up of course with 0.31 ohms

The upside: It ramps up quicker than if you use thicker gauges - the ramp up on thicker wires sends me into a haterant....

The downside: It needs 50-70c more (than my usual 180c-200c) just to produce the vapour i get out of a single 0.6ohm coil... needless to say ive got the chuff tip on...
    fabricator4, Hoofprint and Tpe like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Back last year in my foray into mechs, lowest i went was 0.08... by accident.

the whole thing was a nightmare, took 4hrs to build the coil, the coil was so big only 1 of my RDA's could fit it.
    i was aiming for 0.1, the ohm meter said 0.1. The 2 samsung 25r's felt differently.
    vent, burnt a finger and my lips.

important lessons were learned, 1. Samsung 25rs handle vents well, 2. i dislike mechs with metal buttons, 3. im no longer blowing $30 a fortnight on wire to trial coils

Edit: i forgot to add, depending on how tight the wrap is, you might be able to use a drill and unwind it and use the 24 as a twisted coil.
    Last edited by Hoofprint; 18-08-16 at 11:32 PM.

AVF Regular
    Wait - dual coil 5 wraps was 1.2ohms?? If so, send it here! That's Provari city right there.

If you mean 0.1 or 0.2, send it to Cams or chuck it in the bin

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by muscovyduckling View Post
    Wait - dual coil 5 wraps was 1.2ohms?? If so, send it here! That's Provari city right there.

If you mean 0.1 or 0.2, send it to Cams or chuck it in the bin
    ops...typo..yeah, I meant 0.12..
    Tpe likes this.
    “Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I'm not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you've felt that way.”
    ― Charles Bukowski

AVF Regular
    Bugger

10 things
    stylemessiah likes this.