Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: do you like mechanical mods?

AVF Regular

do you like mechanical mods?

I'm thinking of getting a dual battery mechanical mod clone and an RTA clone from fasttech.com and I am just interested to know of anybody's thoughts on the (pro's and con's)

I want to upgrade from from joyetech all in one but don't have the cash to afford one of the nice high powered variable mods and authentic RTA's that I have seen online. I will get a coil building kit and ohm tester so I am prepared to build to the mod.
    Tpe likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by martybaker View Post
    I'm thinking of getting a dual battery mechanical mod clone and an RTA clone from fasttech.com and I am just interested to know of anybody's thoughts on the (pro's and con's)

I want to upgrade from from joyetech all in one but don't have the cash to afford one of the nice high powered variable mods and authentic RTA's that I have seen online. I will get a coil building kit and ohm tester so I am prepared to build to the mod.
    Yes, do your research. Some of the dual battery clone mods are the worst things on the planet, with fatal design flaws. Whereas some of the of the single battery tube mods are amongst the most reliable and best designed, some of the dual battery efforts are some of the worst (especially the really cheap ones). For an example of a single battery mod, have a look at the itaste Arachnid on Fasttech.

A series mechanical is by nature one of the least safe devices available. Add some basic design flaws and it's not a system you'd be happy to have as your only mod.

Given that vaping is way cheaper than smoking, is there some way to afford a regulated mod?

I'd probably recommend a Kanger Subtank clone since it's pretty hard to get them that badly wrong, as long as you want something that's a bit airier. They are not suitable for a mechanical with hybrid 510 connector however.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 19-08-16 at 08:22 AM.
    giruvian, Fatman, btobw and 2 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Under impending Assassination from the Pro Mech nuts on AVF.

Mechs are not good for newbies.
    The cheaper price never justifies the sharp decline in potential safety issues vs a regulated mod.
    For a few dollars more you can get an Eleaf or a Joyetech, that way if something goes wrong your not putting friends and family at risk.

***Sets up Deckchair and waits***
    ...ok have at it
    giruvian, gtadmin, Fatman and 7 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    Under impending Assassination from the Pro Mech nuts on AVF.

Mechs are not good for newbies.
    The cheaper price never justifies the sharp decline in potential safety issues vs a regulated mod.
    For a few dollars more you can get an Eleaf or a Joyetech, that way if something goes wrong your not putting friends and family at risk.

***Sets up Deckchair and waits***
    ...ok have at it
    Hoofy, you know I'm a mech nut but I totally agree with what you said. They're not for beginners, much a less a dual battery mech, I don't use those, I see no point.

When I first started out it was regulated all the way and I thought the mech users were nuts. I did a lot of research and ended up changing my ways. I also had a very solid background and knowledge in electronics. No way do I suggest mechs for beginners.

Learn to walk before you run. And tell me, what's the need for a dual battery mech?

(Now I'm asking for flak)
    giruvian, Fatman, btobw and 6 others like this.

Super Moderator
    I completely agree with you guys. Especially when starting out with rebuildables.
    Fatman, merexy, Chrisso_88 and 2 others like this.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by giruvian View Post
    I completely agree with you guys. Especially when starting out with rebuildables.
    See, even mum agrees, so there! okestongueout:
    gtadmin, Fatman, steve.c and 4 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I'm a big fan of mechs. The elegance and simplicity of the design appeals to me. The fact that, with a bit of care and knowledge, they are virtually indestructible appeals to me. THe knowledge that if I fell into a river I'd simply have to ditch the battery and give the mod some maintenance and it'd be ok appeals to me.

That said I firmly believe that mods are NOT for new users, that one should learn to rebuild on a regulated device first and that everyone should have at the very least one reliable regulated mod and an ohm reader at home.

I use a number of devices, a couple of mechs and a a couple of vw/ww. At home I blow great big clouds...and yet when I go out I usually just grab my Plato AIO, both for simplicity and out of respect for others around me who may not want to stand in my massive clouds.
    giruvian, gtadmin, Fatman and 5 others like this.
    “Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I'm not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you've felt that way.”
    ― Charles Bukowski

Tpe
    AVF Regular
    All good information that has been passed on. That said if you are half smart and thoroughly researched with the right gear, its all fairly easy.
    I use a mech squonker most days, but have never felt the need for a dual batt mech and wouldn't recommend it either.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    giruvian, Fatman and merexy like this.

AVF Regular
    I never had any interest in mechs.
    I like mods with nice LCD screens and other handy features.
    Chrisso_88 likes this.

AVF Regular
    If inexperienced vapours shouldn't have mech mods then I would also ban old people like me from having them. I normally use regulated but went through a mech stage & decided to get one off the shelf for a change & was really enjoying the feel of it & the vape. When I next went outside to have a vape I picked up the mech mod & had to drop it because it was so hot, the switch screw had come loose & was making contact. I managed to get the battery out & let everything cool down but it shows you that you have to be on top of things at all times with mech mods.
    Robray, Fatman, btobw and 2 others like this.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast