Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Sturdy work setup recommendations

AVF Regular

Sturdy work setup recommendations

Couldn't think of a good title to get my point across. But basically I work in electrical construction industry and always under the pump. Very dirty environment and usually no space to store vape gear while working and even then stuff gets thrown around a lot due to other workers.

I'm at the point now where the T22 just isn't cutting it for my vape experience though I will still persevere. I was mainly worried about the tanks and mods cracking / damage but am at the point now where I'm willing to take the nauty to work as I'll have RTA's for at home. As always I've spent a lot of time researching and especially looking at side by side / recessed mods to cover this damage.

I've got a pico and willing to take that to work with nauty but no back ups in case of the worse and yet to find something I can replace the pico with for home use. Unfortunately I've looked at many mods and most just don't do anything for me at least not locally or price wise (to replace pico for home use). I Looked at the tesla stealth but (from my research) I couldn't find anything concrete on how it actually self regulates depending on the resistance of the coil and don't think it'll work for my range (so far 1.5 - 1.8ohms) as for the same token though I understand all the principles, but mech mods don't seem to reach the wattages I prefer for vaping at my desired resistances. Also been looking at the athena / beyond vape tandem and one side note, much prefer mods with replaceable batteries but will look at anything.

I've pretty well done all researching I can think of and just looking to AVF's well informed to possibly recommend stuff as I'm sure there's setups I'm not aware of ect. If not I'll just grab what looks good to replace the pico and be done with it.

Thanks for you're time guys!
    Last edited by RogueTomato; 23-08-16 at 10:07 PM.

A government is a body of people, usually notibly ungoverned. - Derrial Book

AVF Regular
    In my opinion and experience and I work on a rig tender boat and the toughest ive found is a provari with a kabuki with Staninless steel tank.

The Kabuki clones are cheap and meant to be ok they take the Nautilus BVC coils and triton coils.

Get two clones from fastech and get then 2x S/S tanks

The Authentic Kabuki glass is a handgrenade but there are cheapos on fast tech

Only downside is they are only a 2.5ml tank.

Provaris pop up on classies regularly only need a PV 2.5 or even a earlier model.

Authentic Kabuki just sold on classies for $60.

My original 5yr old Provari is still going strong toughest mod out there.

At present I am using a Rev 4 billet box which is great as 5ml capacity ,BVC Coils and tank protected inside mod.

Had it for 4 months and dropped it a few times and got a few scratches but its still going strong and nothing has broken on it yet.

Sacrilege using a $400 mod for work but it is real pocket friendly and juice and battery capacity dose me a 12 hour shift.
    Last edited by moza; 23-08-16 at 11:27 PM.
    Smasha, Chrisso_88 and RogueTomato like this.

AVF Regular
    A mate has the Athena as his daily work beater, seems to hold up well.
    RogueTomato likes this.

AVF Regular
    A Heatvape Invader Mini is a rugged 50w mod with a waterproof rating: IPX4.
    Fatman and RogueTomato like this.

AVF Regular
    I would think any mod no matter how rugged is going to be problematic on a construction site because the weak spot is going to be the atty sitting on top of it. Even if you use a fully SS tank the 510 connection to the mod could easily break in some situations on site. I've always worked on construction sites but was a smoker then but if I was still working I would only take an all in one type mod like the Egrip 2, Evic Aio & the Aspire Plato.
    My choice would be the aspire Plato with about 7ml juice capacity, easy battery change & it uses the excellent Nautilus 1.6 or 1.8ohm coils.
    moza, Fatman, Chrisso_88 and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Smoant Knight or an XVOStick. What wattage are you wanting? Side by side mech!
    Fatman, rodbam and RogueTomato like this.

AVF Regular
    Pv wit p3 adaptor on kabuki never broken one

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    I would think any mod no matter how rugged is going to be problematic on a construction site because the weak spot is going to be the atty sitting on top of it. Even if you use a fully SS tank the 510 connection to the mod could easily break in some situations on site. I've always worked on construction sites but was a smoker then but if I was still working I would only take an all in one type mod like the Egrip 2, Evic Aio & the Aspire Plato.
    My choice would be the aspire Plato with about 7ml juice capacity, easy battery change & it uses the excellent Nautilus 1.6 or 1.8ohm coils.
    The Aspire Plato is prob good option wont break bank.

I cant comment on durability as I don't have one but Rodam has had one a while
    rodbam likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by moza View Post
    Pv wit p3 adaptor on kabuki never broken one
    I love the Kabuki tank so one of these in what Merexy recommends, the Knight or the Xvostick would be fairly bullet proof. The Provari & P3 adapter would also stand up to anything but when the other workers see the long bulge in your pocket, nuff said:-)
    Fatman likes this.

AVF Regular
    hmmm...sturdy eh? How 'bout a Tesla Invader III paired with a Kayfun with the metal tank?
    “Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I'm not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you've felt that way.”
    ― Charles Bukowski

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast