Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Trying some "old tech" clones out.

AVF Regular

Trying some "old tech" clones out.

Probably should have put this in the "daily handcheck" thread but that seems to go OT too easily. Kayfun 2.1 clone from FT. It's actually very good, has a clear tank section which makes it even looooooonger plus appropriate chimney section. It's quite well made and a good vape which has me hankering for the real thing, even has adjustable air!

Crisscross, btobw, fixit and 1 others like this.

Super Moderator
    I have one similar ... the length drove me nuts, so I removed the tanks and made it a dripper
    Crisscross, btobw and merexy like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Super Moderator
    Unbeknownst to regular vapers ... Merexy enters his Harry Potter Phase ..." Ex-cloud-eramus! " He exclaimed passionately ... Hermione was not impressed at the size of his wand and made some comment about " compensating? "
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    btobw piqued my interest with her recent CloudOne purchase. I am always a bit reticent with buying newer atties incase they have the airflow of a Mirage turbofan. So I tried the FT clone as a precursor. As per usual, the "wild one" has impeccable taste. The clone is pretty bloody good apart from a hard to get along with o-ring. The vape and build is similar to my two favourite tanks (Gus Phenomenon Lite and Tilemahos), so the real thing will be on the agenda when funds are available. Clone also has metal tank section and threading and operation are not bad at all for a clone. The real thing must be awesome!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Unbeknownst to regular vapers ... Merexy enters his Harry Potter Phase ..." Ex-cloud-eramus! " He exclaimed passionately ... Hermione was not impressed at the size of his wand and made some comment about " compensating? "
    Wait 'til I put the clear bit on as well! Lol!
    Crisscross and Fatman like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by merexy View Post
    btobw piqued my interest with her recent CloudOne purchase. I am always a bit reticent with buying newer atties incase they have the airflow of a Mirage turbofan. So I tried the FT clone as a precursor. As per usual, the "wild one" has impeccable taste. The clone is pretty bloody good apart from a hard to get along with o-ring. The vape and build is similar to my two favourite tanks (Gus Phenomenon Lite and Tilemahos), so the real thing will be on the agenda when funds are available. Clone also has metal tank section and threading and operation are not bad at all for a clone. The real thing must be awesome!

Yes, that o-ring is a bugger. I bought the FT clone while waiting to get hold of the real deal - I hung about on their FB page for ages and ages. The o-ring on mine seems to have settled down now - it no longer scrunches up or flips totally out of place when reassembling. The other downside is the spinning AFC. V2 of the CloudOne added a stop that gets rid of that problem.

To be honest, apart from the lack of a stop on the AFC, the clone is very good. I think it's the only clone I own; also owning the real deal just makes me feel better about using it

Limelight Freehand S/Custom Classic/StudioVape/PC Wood mods/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Haku/Origen Little 16/Hadaly/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    Yes, that o-ring is a bugger. I bought the FT clone while waiting to get hold of the real deal - I hung about on their FB page for ages and ages. The o-ring on mine seems to have settled down now - it no longer scrunches up or flips totally out of place when reassembling. The other downside is the spinning AFC. V2 of the CloudOne added a stop that gets rid of that problem.

To be honest, apart from the lack of a stop on the AFC, the clone is very good. I think it's the only clone I own; also owning the real deal just makes me feel better about using it
    Good to know! Thanks wild one! . AFC seems to be better with the plastic tank.
    Crisscross, Fatman and btobw like this.

AVF Regular
    Part of said clone buying included a Rose 2 clone. I was after parts for the one I have, well mainly the plastic tank section and the clone wasn't expensive. Well, I ordered the wrong one, they sent a stumpy. I must say the quality is pretty fine, authentic's must be awesome. I've given it a build, Rose's are fiddly at the best of times and it vapes a treat, airflow being just perfect for me.

I have the last third of a bottle of Gorilla Juice that I'm savouring. Unfortunately it's 12mg which will kill a brown dog so I'm having to be careful I don't OD. It will go down better with a Saturday beer.
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by merexy View Post
    Part of said clone buying included a Rose 2 clone. I was after parts for the one I have, well mainly the plastic tank section and the clone wasn't expensive. Well, I ordered the wrong one, they sent a stumpy. I must say the quality is pretty fine, authentic's must be awesome. I've given it a build, Rose's are fiddly at the best of times and it vapes a treat, airflow being just perfect for me.

I have the last third of a bottle of Gorilla Juice that I'm savouring. Unfortunately it's 12mg which will kill a brown dog so I'm having to be careful I don't OD. It will go down better with a Saturday beer.
    Lucky you own Dalmatians
    merexy likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Actually, I do have a brown dog but I won't let her vape!
    Crisscross likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast