• 2 Post By RogueTomato
  • 4 Post By fabricator4
  • 1 Post By Fents
  • 1 Post By eLicky
  • 2 Post By fabricator4

Thread: Recommend me a new tank for cuboid 150W

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Recommend me a new tank for cuboid 150W

Me and mate just brought a new cuboid 150w each. looking for suggestions for new tanks. So far on our shortlist is :

Smok tfv8 (not really a ADV tank tho more of a home tank)
    Aspire Cleito 120 (my standar cleito is getting juice on my lips tho so im hesitant)
    Uwell Rafale (some bad reviews saying its hard to fill and leaks)
    Uwell Crown 2 (Really only rated to 100w's)

We are not quite into building coils yet but will be in the future so anything that comes with a spare RBA coil gets extra points.

What do you all suggest?

AVF Regular
    I've got minimal experience with bought coil tanks. But as always depends on how you want to vape? With out knowing you preferred vaping style, makes it hard for others to make suggestions. eg; preferred resistances and DL or MTL intakes.
    merexy and helixx like this.

A government is a body of people, usually notibly ungoverned. - Derrial Book

always DL and we are both running clapton coils in our kagertech topbox's so about .5 is great but im always up for anything from .2 up.

AVF Regular
    The top tanks are pretty representative of what's out there. It's going to make more of a difference going to your own build on the RBA section that comes with the toptank than moving to YASOD (Yet another sub ohm device) with pre-made coils. The Kanger RBA section is one of the easiest to build on, I found it very forgiving.

I've got an article here on a dual coil build which is a more advanced topic, but it demonstrates what can be done with this RBA. I'm not suggesting you start off on dual coils - learn the basics first, then progress to the harder stuff, it's well worth it. You'll just need some 24g Kanthal (you said you wanted low) wire and some cotton or rayon wicking material, and either a 2.5mm drill bit to wrap the wire around or a coiling tool if you want to get fancy.

I'm a big fan of DIY coils. Apart from cost and convenience, changing the vape up becomes a question of getting creative with materials you already have at hand instead of buying a YASOD to get only slightly different results.

Edit: Oh, the article on dual coil is here: Dunnit. Dual core Kanger sub-ohm RBA
    I'm not recommending you start with this build remember...
    LimeB, axx, helixx and 1 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Nice one mate, yea i agree with all that, my kanger topbox came with a RBA so best i jump in and start building i reckon. Rob at leafhouse has said swing past and he will do a couple of builds with me first off to get me in the know. Cheers for the advice and link to that build.
    fabricator4 likes this.

axx
    AVF Regular
    I suggest giving the RBA that comes with the toptank a whirl! Plenty of Youtube vids on how to wick subtank/toptanks, they perform nicely even compared to some of the more fancy tanks I bought since, fabricators post says everything better than I could.

Smok Tfv8 is about the only tank with prebuilt coils than run 150w plus I know of since that was your question, you might like to give that a try!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fents View Post
    Nice one mate, yea i agree with all that, my kanger topbox came with a RBA so best i jump in and start building i reckon. Rob at leafhouse has said swing past and he will do a couple of builds with me first off to get me in the know. Cheers for the advice and link to that build.
    Yeah, move away from premade coil tanks. (save heaps of money).

Move onto RBA, RTA, RDA. Little bit of kanthal wire, cotton and you're saving money big time not buying those premade coils. Don't need fancy builds to vape with either, I actually prefer 26g kanthal 3mm ID - 7 wraps for my RTA and RDA over Clapton wire atm.
    fabricator4 likes this.
    Limitless Lux / Buddha V3 30mm RDA
    iJoy Maxo / Mason 30mm RDA
    Pioneer4you IPV4S 120watt / Goon 24mm RDA

#rdalyf #clonelyf #buildinglyf #mixinglyf

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by eLicky View Post
    Yeah, move away from premade coil tanks. (save heaps of money).

Move onto RBA, RTA, RDA. Little bit of kanthal wire, cotton and you're saving money big time not buying those premade coils. Don't need fancy builds to vape with either, I actually prefer 26g kanthal 3mm ID - 7 wraps for my RTA and RDA over Clapton wire atm.
    Yeah, Claptons make more vapour, but they are not great for flavour and have a longer ramp-up time. Making clapton wire is fun though...
    helixx and eLicky like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.