Like Tree11Likes
  • 9 Post By Crisscross
  • 1 Post By rodbam
  • 1 Post By Crisscross

Thread: MTL Tanks - Odyssey & Ego One Mega V2

AVF Regular

MTL Tanks - Odyssey & Ego One Mega V2

The other day I picked up two new MTL tanks from HG. One was the Totally Wicked Odyssey and the other the Ego One Mega V2. This is not a full on review but rather a bit of a side by side comparison of them.

Both take standard Joyetech CLL & CLR coils. I have always liked these coils but not the tanks they fit so when I saw the new ego one I was intrigued enough to give them a try. The Odyssey on the other hand has been on my wish list for 6 months but I felt the cost was prohibitive. Finding them in clearance sales plus some coupon discounts made them affordable.

Firstly the Ego One Mega v2

I have been testing the ego one mega v2 using a joyetech CLR coil rebuilt to 2 ohms with rayon wicking. (8.5w) What a brilliant little tank that flies under the radar of the whole cubis system. The look is similar to the cubis (except airflow is at the bottom)

The CLR coil heads have to be the easiest rebuildable coil head around but the early ego one tanks drove me nuts. The cutouts were too narrow to see your eliquid and big enough to make you believe you could. GT even created the frank n tank to get a better look and flavour. The tron improved it slightly but was a bit odd looking and then we have this new version. The tank is simple and stylish. You can see your eliquid and even the bubbles to show its wicking properly and best of all it's cheap to buy and setup.

The tank is bottom fill and the airflow control has a great range. I take small vapes and at 1/4 open is restrictive enough to match my style and yet wide open is a great vape for restricted DTL Flavour is very good (that's a bit dependent on other things like your coil and AFC)

I like it enough to think I will get another couple while they are still available. I could only find the tank separately at Heaven Gifts but it is widely available as a battery/tank combo.

Parameters

Capacity: 4ml
    Size: 22mm (D)
    Color: Black, Blue, Orange, Red, Silver, White
    Thread: 510 thread

ODYSSEY by Totally Wicked

The second tank I have been testing is the Totally Wicked Odyssey tank. A more expensive option but also using joyetech CLL &CLR coils. Setup is the same 2.0ohm wicked with rayon and 8.5W

This tank is incredibly well made. Threads were buttery smooth, airflow ring is a bit tight (may loosen with use). The cutout window for eliquid is slim but strangely easy to see and again the airflow range is tight to light restrictive. No whistling at all. They advertise this as the last tank you will buy and it is so well made that I can understand people using this for years.

Flavour is brilliant.......again that would depend on how you set up your coils (CLL factory or CLR rebuild yourself) also a bottom fill tank.

Very impressed. I am not sure I would pay full price but at clearance plus discounts (about USD$30) I think they are a very good buy. This one was bought at the same time as the v2 mega and is being compared directly to it.

Differences.
    Odyssey is a tougher tank. More SS and feels strong.
    Performance is about the same with a slight advantage to the odyssey in flavour.
    Airflow range on both is good and I think would suit pretty much every MTL and even a light restrictive direct lung vaper.
    Capacity is the same.
    Coil usage is the same (CLL factory or CLR rebuildable)
    Value for money goes to the ego one mega V2 (less than half the cost)

Parameters

Size: 22mm (D) x 59mm (L)

Capacity: 4ml

Color: Silver

At the moment the difference is aesthetics, the look and weight of each of them. And of course value for money
    Odyssey left, ego on mega v2 right

Last edited by Crisscross; 15-09-16 at 03:01 PM.
    Robray, gtadmin, steve.c and 6 others like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Great write up Chriss & it's really nice to see a review of stuff us normal vapours vape:-) I was never impressed with the CLR coils in my little Egrip because of how well the RBA head worked in the original Egrip but was I wrong. The CLR coil is fantastic in my Pico "style" atty & I now like you think they must be the best & easiest rebuildable coil out there.
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    Great write up Chriss & it's really nice to see a review of stuff us normal vapours vape:-) I was never impressed with the CLR coils in my little Egrip because of how well the RBA head worked in the original Egrip but was I wrong. The CLR coil is fantastic in my Pico "style" atty & I now like you think they must be the best & easiest rebuildable coil out there.
    If I had liked any of the tanks they would have been my go to rebuildable coil head. Cheap but well made.

Both these tanks have taken the cubis out of the rotation. So easy and relaxing to Vape. When talking to GT earlier and discussing chimney diameter the ego one has a slightly narrower chimney so lessening the airflow for a sharper flavour. Very impressed with both of them. I am getting more of the ego v2's Even paying postage they are a very cheap tank that vapes beautifully. (If you rebuild the coils properly)
    rodbam likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011