Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: So out of date and not up with the latest

AVF Regular

So out of date and not up with the latest

So I have been using tube mech mods like GUS Lord, nemesis, GPAPS and RBA's like Rose, xpromiser, taifun for years and haven't kept up to date with the new technology at all.
    I just went looking for some new equipment and fk me, 50-100w, 100-200w, WTF?!?!?!
    How does that even work?
    Is burnt juice the new black?
    Squonking - I checked out a YouTube vid and get the overall picture, but convenience aside, is the hit more satisfying in anyway?
    I'm not into big clouds, just a satisfying vape.
    I like a good throat hit but not into the massive airflow thing, I like a reasonably tight draw like 1 - 2mm max. I find around 1.5mm perfect.
    I need to get some new equipment but honestly I feel like I know less than I did a week after I first started vaping.
    Any basic information on some of these things would be greatly appreciated!

And a big hi to some of the old faces I see are still around
    D1git, giruvian, Stomp and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Kayfun 5 ten char

AVF Regular
    Big power to ramp up big coils in temperature control mode.... You vape to the temperature you like but the short ramp up time with big power gives your coil instant heat instead of slow ramp up time getting to vaping temperature on large wire sub ohm coils.

The high power isn't maintained through the vape, only the temperature is maintained so you don't get burnt juice or dry hits
    Bobthebuilder likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by the vaporizer View Post
    Kayfun 5 ten char
    Kayfun was my first rebuildable
    Nice vape but bastard of a thing to maintain daily
    I want to be able to refill without a screwdriver and get to the coil without dumping juice whenever I feel like it
    what's the 5 like?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder View Post
    Kayfun was my first rebuildable
    Nice vape but bastard of a thing to maintain daily
    I want to be able to refill without a screwdriver and get to the coil without dumping juice whenever I feel like it
    what's the 5 like?
    KayFun 3 mini has top fill, and the coil can be removed from a full tank. Is 19OD though
    I think the KayFun 5 is similarly designed?
    Bobthebuilder likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Kayfun 5 is brilliant top fill adjustable airflow adjustable juice control and you can get to your deck with a full tank of juice I've been hooked on kayfuns ever since the 3.1 and the kayfun 5 is by far superior.
    Bobthebuilder and axx like this.

AVF Regular
    Just crack a nice red . ..its all way too much..☺
    D1git, giruvian, Fatman and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    +1 for the Kayfun 5...the first tank thats made it to day 2 (currently at 8 days) in nearly a year for me. I got the SJMY clone and its as undramatic as my fave tank of all time....the Lemo 2
    Bobthebuilder, disley and axx like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder View Post
    I like a reasonably tight draw like 1 - 2mm max. I find around 1.5mm perfect.
    Then the Kayfun V5 out of the box won't suit you. It comes standard with a 3.2mm air hole under the coil. It works OK for MTL but you really need faster air flow over the coil. However you can get reducer inserts that come in a 3 pack (1.2mm, 1.4mm and 1.6mm). I have a SJMY V5 clone from 3f vape and it's absolutely perfect. Don't waste your money on a genuine. I also have the MTL reducer kit which I had to buy genuine that cost as much as the clone, bloody rip off and why Kayfun don't deserve your hard earned cash for their atty. Stick the 1.6mm insert in and happy days!!

Alternatively, the Kayfun V3 mini is also excellent (including the clones). It has a 2mm air hole but I prefer the V5 as it is MUCH easier to build on and holds more juice.

AVF Regular
    Stick with the tanks you have. I have a feeling you won't be impressed by a lot of the new stuff, all too airy.

Gus Phenomenon Lite, CloudOne, Tilemehos, Pico, Kayfun 3 mini.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast