• 2 Post By gtadmin
  • 3 Post By gtadmin
  • 2 Post By gtadmin
  • 2 Post By gtadmin
  • 2 Post By gtadmin

Thread: 18350 batts in a vv reo

AVF Regular

18350 batts in a vv reo

I am soon going to test a used vv reo. It takes dual 18350 batts in series. I have 3 kinds of 18350 here. 2 purple efest. 4 red batts marked AW (brand? ) 15c imr 18350 800mAh 3.7 volt, and some silver grey wrapped 18350's marked icr 18350 900 mAh 3.7v. The grey ones came with my first mod and the seller stated they were actually a really good battery but i do not know the amp draw rating.
    Which of these batteries are suited if any. And what is the lowest resistance build i can safely use in the vv Reo? Thanks in advance for opinions.

Super Moderator
    The red AWs, which I think from memory are rated at 10A ... but I wouldn't draw that on mine It was only ever meant to be MTL, so I'd use no less than 1.2Ω, and would want to be around 1.5Ω myself.
    Midlife and merexy like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Does the batteries being in series change the amp limit or does the vv circuit? And i saw the battery amp limit was often listed as 12 amps. Is that continuous? In which case .5 ohms build would be ok if that is continuous wouldn't it?

Super Moderator
    Because the batteries are in series, the limit is that of a single battery ie 10A ... and I don't have the specs on hand to confirm that is a continuous rating or not. But battery amp limit is not the only limiting factor in a mod, you need to take into account what the VV circuit can handle too. Again, I don't have the specs on hand.

But, I wouldn't use a 0.5Ω coil in this ...

ETA: according to the manual, it has a max of 15W
    Last edited by gtadmin; 20-09-16 at 12:11 AM.
    Fatman, rodbam and LimeB like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Thanks. Cannot get it to fire anyway. Oh well.

Super Moderator
    Did you turn it on with the little sliding switch?
    Fatman and gurishka like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Did you turn it on with the little sliding switch?
    oOh yes, I found that, but it is working now. If the voltage is turned up too much ( past about 1/2 way) it doesn't work. It must be the protection circuit is it? The coil in it is 1.2 ohms so maybe the voltage control works full range with the build at 1.5 ohms as you suggested. Is that how the vv works?

Super Moderator
    Just reading the manual (linked above), there is over-current protection built-in and I guess you are hitting the current limit with a 1.2ohm coil.
    Fatman and LimeB like this.

AVF Regular
    This is a nice vape ( mtl) with the cyclone, but I think I may have to make/ buy some 12mg juice. I only have 6 mg here atm.

Super Moderator
    Well, it's a relaxed vape so upping the nic is common if you're coming from a high vapour output atty. Easy to do though, and your nic usage stays about the same anyway, but PG/VG usage goes down
    Fatman and merexy like this.