Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Cleaning Coils ... Do You?

AVF Regular

Cleaning Coils ... Do You?

Firstly - thumbs too for me, as looking at my auto ticking Counter in my Signature = 22 days NO SMOKES weeeeeeeee, very delicious.

I have an older T3D Starter Kit using the KangerTech Dual Coil. I dont use it much as have updated to the Tesla Stealth but sometimes I do as going to hopefully get the Innokin T22 shortly. I like to subohm lung during the day and evening; mouth to lung in the morning - works good for me. I noticed that the Dual Coil in the T3D was getting ugly burnt taste so, I decided I will give it a go and clean it.

1 week ago, I boiled the coil for 10 minutes. Dried it out as best I could with paper towel. Let it sit for 2 hours. Placed it back in and did the dry burn; push button, count 3 seconds then let go. I did this until saw no steam coming out - about 5 - 6 times. I placed Juice in and let it stand for 15 minutes and vaped. Well I was quite surprised as no burning taste and the coil is still going good with no burnt taste today.

I dont think I will do it much as Coils are not too exoensive - especially when you compare it to the overall cost I had associated to smoking Cigs.

I was wondering if anybody else re-uses and cleans coils?
    Robray likes this.
    ""Tootle Puffer" on Starter Kits.

AVF Regular
    I rewick and recoil all my aspire BVC and nautilus coils. It's not about the cost. It's about getting the Vape I want with a wick material I like.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    What XX said. I did clean Kanger coils. Give them a wash after dry burning as well. Eventually when your senses come back you'll notice that it leaves a taste on the coil (like the smoke that comes off the coil while dry burning). Giving it a final wash gets rid of most of this.

You don't actually have to dry the coils completely after washing - the water will evaporate off the coil just fine when you dry burn it, and if you have to you will find you can vape through it too.
    ybnice likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

axx
    AVF Regular
    Back when I used a nautilus mini I would throw the coils into a cup of white vinegar until I boiled them, so they might sit in the vinegar for a fort night. It was satisfactory a few times before the cotton couldn't wick very well. I got better life from the ceramic coils giving them that type of treatment than I did cotton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ybnice likes this.

AVF Regular
    I learnt how to rewick Kanger Evod coils which look similar, it was quite simple once I watched a youtube video how to disassemble them.

Maybe it can help in some way. Long as the wire is ok inside the coil you can rewick them several times with cotton or silica wick purchased locally.

She's a bit rookie in the vid, but it got the job done for me.

Last edited by eLicky; 03-10-16 at 02:49 PM.
    fabricator4 likes this.
    Limitless Lux / Buddha V3 30mm RDA
    iJoy Maxo / Mason 30mm RDA
    Pioneer4you IPV4S 120watt / Goon 24mm RDA

#rdalyf #clonelyf #buildinglyf #mixinglyf

AVF Regular
    I dry burn and pulse my 1.0 ohm coils when I change the wicks, but I only vape at 7W.
    My current coil is three months old.

26G, 3mm ID,SS X 8 wraps.

AVF Regular
    If you get an understanding what's actually inside you'll see (once the wick wears out) there's nothing to really clean.

With the Evod coils and I assume the T3D they're just a tiny spring coil with a small piece of silica wick threaded through them. Once that wick wears out there's no point in cleaning them, I know it looks like you're washing the coil clean of any gunk but the main concern is the wick or silica and usually once that's toast no cleaning will revitalize it.

Much better off putting a new wick in..
    Last edited by eLicky; 03-10-16 at 03:04 PM.

AVF Regular
    The TD3 is not the same as the Evod/Protank 2 coils its a dual coil and the newer enclosed versions are a pain to rebuild

AVF Regular
    I can't work out what the coils look like, google searche is giving me many random hits for this T3D.

Does it take a few different type coils or something?

Edit: I think I wortked it out. The ones on the right are the newer version?

Yep, I can only rewick the coil type on the left.
    Last edited by eLicky; 03-10-16 at 03:20 PM.

AVF Regular
    Neither of those dual coils will fit in the Evod, the juice chambers are taller on the dual coils

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast