Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Danny76

Thread: How long should a battery last.

AVF Regular

How long should a battery last.

Hi all just looking for some advice on batterys. I have a pico running a melo 3 tank air flow right open .15 tc nickel attys and a hc4 20 amp load 2500mh rating. Im vaping at 28w 240 dgc. My question is my battery is only lasting about 4ml or 1 tank is just getting me through work is this a pretty normal discharge rate for this battery or have i got a fake or a dud. If its normal then after 1 week ill already b looking for a new mod with more batterys. Something like this.
    https://www.vapingmad.com.au/product...euleaux-rx200/

AVF Regular
    Sounds about right - I run a Reauleux RX 75 or Evic VTC with Samsung 25R or LG HE2 (2500 - 3000 mah) - at around 28 watts - get a good work day out of a battery - and half way into the evening as well . . .

I run normally Kanthal or SS coils of around 0.5 ohms . . .

Not sure of the "hc4" battery you refer to ? What make is that ?

AVF Regular
    Sry was a he4 lg yellow wrap

AVF Regular
    It's a bit of a "how long is a piece of string" question. You're running TC so it's a bit hard to know what the real wattage is after it's up to temperature, and we don't know how much you vape. Some simple maths might give you some idea though:

HE4 is a 2500mAh battery. That equates to 9.37 Wh (watt hours). (2.5Ax3.75Vnom)

If you really were vaping at 28 watts, that would be 0.33 of an hour, or 20 minutes actual button on time.

If each vape is 4 seconds, that would be 300 puffs. If you had ten toots every half an hour, that would be 15 hours worth of vaping. The mod is not 100% efficient though, so you might get 5 or 10% less run time than this.

Try to figure out how much you actually vape - I used deliberately low estimations for the amount of vaping since you can't usually do it whenever you want to at work. (if you can, then you're very lucky).

Based on this estimation I think your batteries are not performing as they should, but you would have a better idea of your pattern of use. One way to double check is to use a smart charger that tells you how many mAh it has put into the battery. Charging from 3.2V to 4.2V should come pretty close to 2500 mAh for a new battery. This is only a guide because there's other factors here but I'd be happy with around 2450mAh. Anything much less than this would indicate a faulty/tired/old battery or possibly a counterfeit battery if you've just bought it.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Does using a usb charger have anything to do with it? Its only a week old battery. Gets very hot during charging. Not so hot u cant pick it up but hot enough to make u think thats getting pretty warm.battery was from vaping mad don't know if thier reputable or not. I also plug and play will this b killing the battery.im going through around 8 to 10ml a day so not a light vaper

AVF Regular
    What sort of charger do you have mate? Are you using the mod to charge it or something else? Ideally your best bet is to use something like the XTAR VC4 or SV2 or the Efest LUC V6 etc.. with a dedicated wall wart power pack.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny76 View Post
    Does using a usb charger have anything to do with it? Its only a week old battery. Gets very hot during charging. Not so hot u cant pick it up but hot enough to make u think thats getting pretty warm.battery was from vaping mad don't know if thier reputable or not. I also plug and play will this b killing the battery.im going through around 8 to 10ml a day so not a light vaper
    You mean plugging the mod in to USB to charge? No it should not be a problem.

The battery should NOT get hot during charging. The battery should not get hot at any time at all. Something is extremely wrong with this. Heating the battery will stress the battery and reduce it's life, but it sounds like something is already wrong.

Vaping Mad is a reputable supplier, but the Chinese sellers have been known to slip in boxes of counterfeit cells once the volume gets high enough. It's a bait and switch scam and no one knows who is really at fault. Contact vaping mad and see if they've had any other reports of faulty cells.

AVF Regular
    One of the chargers I use is this smart charger:
    https://www.fasttech.com/product/120...-lithium-smart

Cheap, reliable, can be run off a plug pack or USB (you have to buy an Aussie 12V plug pack because the US one is supplied) it has an LCD that gives you the time to charge, the number of mAh put into the battery in that time, and voltage/percent progress during charging. If I see the mAh it takes to charge the battery 3.2V -> 4.2V getting less I know the battery is tired and is ready to be replaced.

AVF Regular
    Good news on the battery emailed vaping mad and a couple of days later got a email back saying sounds like the battery is defective and will send another tomorrow just got a email off aus post so its on its way. I thought it was great customer service not even asking to send old battery back. Would recommend this seller. There rainbow serpent is also the bomb tastes like allens snakes or red frogs to others fantastic vape.
    fabricator4 and act180 like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny76 View Post
    Good news on the battery emailed vaping mad and a couple of days later got a email back saying sounds like the battery is defective and will send another tomorrow just got a email off aus post so its on its way. I thought it was great customer service not even asking to send old battery back. Would recommend this seller. There rainbow serpent is also the bomb tastes like allens snakes or red frogs to others fantastic vape.
    Hope the new one is a good'un