Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Best Temperature Control that fits in your pocket

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Question Best Temperature Control that fits in your pocket

Updated 10/10/2016

I've done some research and so far, I've found two mods that vaguely fit my criteria. By "pocket" my measurements are 150mm height by 45mm length by 25mm

The criteria is for something to that isn't too large (giant 200/300W box mods), that can vape at high temperatures. I have a few other things I want, large battery and to be able to vape and charge (perhaps less important the larger the battery is / battery indicator). Oh, not sure about the removable generic batteries, I think they might be over, I would still consider a mod with one/two battery slots, but I'd need to be able to charge them in the device, I don't want the bulk of an added charger. I'm basically looking for the "flagship" TC product from these companies, that aren't giant.

I'll add more to this OP as I study and find more mods
    Eleaf iPower 80W, 5000mah, 310C - Major Cons, not in a kit, charge port underneath
    Innokin Cortex TC (80W), 3300mah - Major Cons, screen under mod
    Joytech eVic VTwo Mini (75W), , 315C - Major Cons, 18650 battery(?), magnetic battery cover

My obsession with temperature 'levels' might dissipate, but I'm a firm believer that TC mods are the future, lower power consumptions, obviously consistent vapor and they're likely safer due to the technology needed for them to maintain near static temperatures.

Do you have a TC mod? If so which one and can you tell me about it (whether or not its small, still interested). Or are you possibly looking for a new TC mod
    Last edited by Titanium5000; 10-10-16 at 06:50 PM.

AVF Regular
    Evic VTC mini...
    PurpleVapes likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    my work vape

atty: Goon 22mm - dual clapton SS316 .20+ ohm
    mod: Evic VTwo mini (Burgundy) - 75W TC single 18650. 440-480 F at 40W. 22 mm attys sits nice and flushed.
    I also switch to power mode at 35W on my last 3 pulls as I want to see the wicks nearly dry.

The squares on the cutting matt are 1 cm, so the mod would be in the range of your required size.
    Best in the pocket box mod for me was my first, the Eleaf iStick 40WTC but its now underpowered for needs but i
    can still use it with the above tank at 30-35W or if i build higher ohms.

Goon 24mm - dual clapton SS316 .20+ ohm
    same mod , 24 mm rda overhangs by 1mm at the front and sides.
    i don't take this to work but only to compare the size with the 22mm.

There is a new Evic VTC Dual that is a bit taller
    and a mm wider. It converts from single to dual 18650.

The amount of juice and number of pulls per vape session is a factor to consider with battery life.
    A fully charged battery will last me 3 sessions (8-10 pulls) at work.
    The mod charges well and its usb port is conveniently located at the front so you don't need to remove the tank.
    I change batteries on Wednesdays so I can drain them almost equally before using an external charger at home on weekends.

I've never owned the older Evic VTC Mini but this one which is identical has for me the best Fire button.
    The "M&M shaped" button feels better than the Cuboid, RX200 and Sigelei 213 and has a low frequency/pitch click.
    The Sigelei has the best or fastest charging via USB, most comfortable dual battery and works well on TC.
    It has however issues with TCR and TFR and its claimed power output - look it up in youtube (djslv vapes).
    Last edited by andron; 09-10-16 at 09:43 AM.
    PurpleVapes likes this.

AVF Regular
    eVic mini definitely for TC. It has TCR mode also.

If you're a MTL vaper, then the eVic mini with Triton mini using the triton 0.15ohm Ni coils.

If you're a DL vaper, then the eVic with the Cleito tank using the SS316L coils.

I tried the triton 0.15ohm Ni coils on my plato. It works quite well, but the draw was a little too narrow on it. Theyre much better in the triton tank.

AVF Regular
    Have a look at the Tesla Nano 60w it has a 2amp recharge so is fully charged from empty to full in in about 1hr 15mins. There's also the Tesla Nano 100w with much bigger internal batteries but is seems to only have 1/2amp recharge.

Clearly the eVic VTwo Mini seems like a very good choice, other than a few things like the battery cover / having an 18650 battery, it has the highest temperatures, best screen, and placement that screen and the usb port.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleVapes View Post
    eVic mini definitely for TC. It has TCR mode also.

If you're a MTL vaper, then the eVic mini with Triton mini using the triton 0.15ohm Ni coils.

If you're a DL vaper, then the eVic with the Cleito tank using the SS316L coils.

I tried the triton 0.15ohm Ni coils on my plato. It works quite well, but the draw was a little too narrow on it. Theyre much better in the triton tank.
    At the moment I'm still a MTL'er but would consider the jump up. I suppose a good mod could use tanks optimised for MTL or DL, but

Just on that, I think It'd like a bigger tank (5/6ml if possible) I'm also looking for something that has RTA "style" coils (probably dual), as many people are saying they produce great flavour when done correctly, so don't want to build my own. This would ultimately dictate which tank I ended up putting on the mod, capacity, lowest resistence RTA style coils suited to TC mod usage.

EDIT: So what I realise now is obviously, RTA Style coils just means - I want an RTA. The coils I use for it, don't have to be built by me, and probably won't be as I've seen pre-build packets of coils. I'm sure they come in Titanium, Stainless Steel and Nickel, so I think this is a discussion for another thread. Suffice to say, any of these TC mods / the one I end up buying, will more than likely handle RTAs and vice versa, they'll be plenty of RTA that can handle high power TC. I would still prefer it to be in a kit, but if the best mod either doesn't come in one or has a lower rated RTA, I will resort to mix and match.

Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    Have a look at the Tesla Nano 60w it has a 2amp recharge so is fully charged from empty to full in in about 1hr 15mins. There's also the Tesla Nano 100w with much bigger internal batteries but is seems to only have 1/2amp recharge.
    This does look like a great mod, interesting oversized fire button, might be just a bit too fat for my liking at 52mm though.
    Last edited by Titanium5000; 16-10-16 at 12:23 AM. Reason: RTA coils just means its an RTA

Ok, so I think we have a winner!

The smallest mod, with ridiculous power, and it isn't super pricey. The Smok Alien.

Screen's on the front, charge point is on the side and it's low, and if I wanted, I guess this could go up to 7000mah, simply because I don't vape / want to vape above even probably 60W. But if that preference ever changed, I can scale down the mah for more amps.

Yeah I think I'm pretty much sold, not a fan of the tank in the kit but would still probably get it then the TFV4 I think (want 5ml).

So yeah, interested if people think this is a good choice for these requirements, it seems no one is going above 315C

AVF Regular
    I have the pico 75w for my work mod. Cleito tank. Fits in your pocket easy. Easy usb charge at front and battery (he4)lasts me most of the day at 45 w on a .4 coil.
    Wombats1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny76 View Post
    I have the pico 75w for my work mod. Cleito tank. Fits in your pocket easy. Easy usb charge at front and battery (he4)lasts me most of the day at 45 w on a .4 coil.
    Hey Danny, looks like a very solid mod, its only a single battery though, so, do they make high mah 18650s, and what's the limitation on amp draw?

I like the double battery idea because, it gives more options for retaining a reasonably long battery life without having to sacrifice amp draw.

AVF Regular
    Yeh i aslo got a hg2 which is a 3000mh instead of 2500mh he4 which lasts abit longer but difference is next to nil. The he4 has a 25 amp draw and the hg2 has a 20 amp draw. I find i only need to plug it in for an hr or so if im heavy vaping through the day but i just keep a spare battery in my bag incase i go out or something unexpected comes up. For about 100$ including postage and a spare set of attys i don't think u can go wrong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast