• 1 Post By muscovyduckling
  • 2 Post By stylemessiah
  • 2 Post By Crisscross
  • 1 Post By muscovyduckling

Thread: Options for Cubis coils

AVF Regular

Options for Cubis coils

Hi folks!

Hubby finally dropped one of his Ego AIOs (pen style ones that take Cubis coils) and smashed the glass, which doesn't come out, so it's toast. He is annoyed that he has to throw the whole thing out, so he wants something that has replaceable glass and/or a mod and seperate tank combo. He has two other pen style AIOs that take Cubis coils, so I would prefer to get him something that can use those too.

So there are like a million options, Cubis or Cubis pro tank or D19 (which is better? And which mod to go with it?), or these box style AIOs (is the glass replaceable??), or the cuboid mini set, or what?

He uses 0.5ohm coils so my Provaris won't do, but he does prefer the pen/tube style, so maybe I should just get him another AIO since they're only $30... Lol.
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by muscovyduckling View Post
    Hi folks!

Hubby finally dropped one of his Ego AIOs (pen style ones that take Cubis coils) and smashed the glass, which doesn't come out, so it's toast. He is annoyed that he has to throw the whole thing out, so he wants something that has replaceable glass and/or a mod and seperate tank combo. He has two other pen style AIOs that take Cubis coils, so I would prefer to get him something that can use those too.

So there are like a million options, Cubis or Cubis pro tank or D19 (which is better? And which mod to go with it?), or these box style AIOs (is the glass replaceable??), or the cuboid mini set, or what?

He uses 0.5ohm coils so my Provaris won't do, but he does prefer the pen/tube style, so maybe I should just get him another AIO since they're only $30... Lol.

I am a fan of the original cubis tanks so I am biased. But I presume he wants something like the AIO size and feel. The d19 looks good and teamed with the new twist gives him almost the same feeling setup as he had. The twists are new so they are not everywhere but have a look here for all the info.

http://www.heavengifts.com/Joyetech-eGo-Twist-Kit.html

Or just get another AIO......if he likes it and it works
    muscovyduckling likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Oh I forgot you were a Cubis nut! So do you prefer the plain old Cubis tank to the box style AIO or Basic or whatever it's called and the cuboid mini and all of those?

Twist+ looks really good
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    Oh I forgot you were a Cubis nut! So do you prefer the plain old Cubis tank to the box style AIO or Basic or whatever it's called and the cuboid mini and all of those?

Twist+ looks really good
    I like the original tanks as well as the EVIC AIO. I don't like the EGO box mods or the Evic Basic. My requirement are for VV/VW and in a box mod I prefer the tank inside,

I use the cubis tanks with a rebuilt coil 1.8ohm so they go on I'm my provari mini's.

I had the cuboid mini set and the tank was not very well designed.

Unless he is wedded to the cubis coils have a look at the ego one mega v2 with Joyetech CLR (replaceable) coils they are another good look with that twist mega
    Last edited by Crisscross; 15-10-16 at 02:46 PM.

AVF Regular
    Alrighty, thanks for the tips He's not wedded to the Cubis coils but he has zero interest in rebuilding and no interest in Vaping in general other than as a means to not be smoking, so I'm happy for him to stick to the Cubis coil system if he likes it.

I will show him those options tonight and see what he says, but I bet he will go for the Twist+ Thanks for the heads up on that one.

AVF Regular
    Alrighty, thanks for the tips He's not wedded to the Cubis coils but he has zero interest in rebuilding and no interest in Vaping in general other than as a means to not be smoking, so I'm happy for him to stick to the Cubis coil system if he likes it.

I will show him those options tonight and see what he says, but I bet he will go for the Twist+ Thanks for the heads up on that one.
    Hang on hang on...what would happen if you know, someone had a spare Lemo 2, and maybe they paired it with an ergonomic wood based mod....do you think a chopper pilot would go for that..... :P
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    Hang on hang on...what would happen if you know, someone had a spare Lemo 2, and maybe they paired it with an ergonomic wood based mod....do you think a chopper pilot would go for that..... :P
    Not the Wood Sprite combo

AVF Regular
    So, he's not keen on the Twist+, because he thinks it would twist and adjust the voltage in his pocket. I told him he could just use it on bypass mode. He said he didn't want to wait for it to be shipped from China anyway (not available locally yet).

I'm taking that as "you're right darling, but I'm an impatient man".

So I just ordered him one of the newer AIO pens - a 22mm one, so that he can put a vape band around the tank this time I expect when he breaks another one, and the Twist+ is available locally, he'll be asking me for one of those instead.
    Crisscross likes this.