Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Help Solve my Cotton Problem

AVF Regular

Help Solve my Cotton Problem

Hi guys,

I'm having an ongoing issue with cotton in my RDAs and can't work out what the problem is.

I have been using Koh Gen Do pads purchased from Southern Cross vape in Australia, they work very well and vape fine for me. Yet, when I ordered a full pack of Koh Gen Do pads these pads give me a dry mouth after 1/2 hour. I further purchaed a packet of Muji pads again, these ones make my throat sore. I purchased some Puff cotton another full bag and again they make my mouth dry after vaping them 1/2 hour. I also have some Rayon but not sure I want to keep using it for the time being

So the only cotton that seems to work is the Koh Gen Do purchased from the vape store, a cotton which I only have about 20 pads left. My issue is I have all these bags of cotton pads here and can't seem to use them, its really starting to get on my nerves.

Does anyone know why the cotton may be causing a dry mouth? I have tried different wicking technics and its always the same.

So why is this cotton used by all for vaping giving me problems, what am I doing wrong?

Has anyone experienced an overly dry mouth before with some cotton?

Cheers,
    1ynne likes this.
    Limitless Lux / Buddha V3 30mm RDA
    iJoy Maxo / Mason 30mm RDA
    Pioneer4you IPV4S 120watt / Goon 24mm RDA

#rdalyf #clonelyf #buildinglyf #mixinglyf

AVF Regular
    PG too high? it is hygroscopic afterall. Could also account for the throat.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BushDozer View Post
    PG too high? it is hygroscopic afterall. Could also account for the throat.
    Ratio is 60/40 VG/PG. It never gave me problems before.

Just drives me nutty this does.

What cotton do you use Bush, where do you buy it from?

AVF Regular
    Muji, hasn't given me any problems.
    I use it for more than just vaping, and order it direct from muji.

I'm still new to this game, but i would say make sure you're drinking enough water and consider lowering the PG for a week and see if that helps.
    Last edited by BushDozer; 17-10-16 at 12:18 AM.
    eLicky likes this.

AVF Regular
    Fiber Freaks Lyocell Cellulose Wicks

These may help isolate the issue.... wood fibre based I believe and processed in France. Great wicking properties but costs a bit

Wait until Fasttech has a sale on and save some pennies..... Unless you know somebody in France who can send them over nice and cheap!

(If you know anybody in France who can get them cheap then I'll jump in with you 50:50 as I need some more )
    1ynne, eLicky and jacksonmate like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by singlefished View Post

These may help isolate the issue.... wood fibre based I believe and processed in France. Great wicking properties but costs a bit

Wait until Fasttech has a sale on and save some pennies..... Unless you know somebody in France who can send them over nice and cheap!

(If you know anybody in France who can get them cheap then I'll jump in with you 50:50 as I need some more )
    Thank you for the reply.

I will search for the Fibre Freaks one on Fast Tech. Singlefished you hang around here a bit.

Besides Kotex U, do you know where to purchase Rayon in bulk within Australia?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by singlefished View Post

Actually, if you order 3-4 of let's say the FF Lyocell Cellulose Wicks from FT, the price drops from (using US$ here) $3.24 to $2.98 which is n 8% discount. If you order 5+, the price drops to $2.86 which is 11.7% off. The biggest sale discount I've seen from FT is 10% so ordering in quantity will save you more pennies. These FF wicks are expensive but they're worth it IMHO. Tried KGD, Muji, Native Wicks, Cotton Bacon and rayon but FF beats them all. Again, let me state that this is just my opinion, YMMV.
    eLicky likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by eLicky View Post
    Besides Kotex U, do you know where to purchase Rayon in bulk within Australia?
    Never really used rayon much (think I still got a bag somewhere in my drawer) and can't remember rating it above organic cotton at the time so never went looking to purchase anymore sorry....

EDIT: Found the bag but it's only small and no label where it came from.... maybe vapersphere or vapoureyes but they wouldn't be good for a bulk purchase.
    Last edited by singlefished; 17-10-16 at 01:38 AM.
    eLicky likes this.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)

Problem solved

Crisscross and 1ynne like this.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

AVF Regular
    Whats next? A pot of VG on the stove, shut the windows and inhale as quick as you can?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast