Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Nut
  • 1 Post By fabricator4
  • 1 Post By RodeoRoo

Thread: Griffin 25 leaking

AVF Regular

Griffin 25 leaking

Not sure if others have had leaking issues with there Griffin. From day One mine has been a real dog. I have searched & searched but no comments on leaking except for making the wick to long. At one point I gave up on this tank. But I have a 12 volt mechanical mod & it was really the best tank for large coils. So I gave it another fiddle & think I have solved the problem. If you only have the juice openings partially open. The silicone seal blocking off the side of the mod your not using does not seat properly. I forgot to mention I cant use duel coil as I need to run high ohm coils, 12 volt mechanical ramps up instantly. So when I opened the juice well up fully the leak disappeared. It only returns when I close off to refuel. So this leads me to believe the seal blocking off gets distorted allowing juice to seep in & flood to the air channel then out the bottom air feed.

Nut
    AVF Regular
    I too have a love hate relationship with my Griffin 25s. They are the perfect tank: big juice capacity, big build deck, easy to fill, fantastic clouds and flavour. BUT mine has leaked since day one. I have tried wicking it every way, I have tightened everything that can be tightened, I have replaced the O-rings. It certainly doesnt flood, but its always a few drops around the base of the tank which eventually make their way onto the mod. Its so frustrating because its so close to the perfect tank IMHO. Despite the leaking though, they are still my everyday go-to vapes. Ill try to make sure the juice channels are always wide open and see if that helps.

Thanks!
    helixx and RodeoRoo like this.

AVF Regular
    I too have experienced this, with the mini. Whether one coil or 2, I still got slight leakage/seepage around the AFC ring.
    Enough to be annoying. Have tried wicking it tighter but get dry hits every so often, if chain vaping and still notice juice around the base of the tank.
    I do love the form factor of the mini, lowish profile, big enough build deck, great flavour. A real pity about the slight seepage

It sits on the shelf now, to be revisited one days.
    Unless someones got advice?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by helixx View Post
    I too have experienced this, with the mini. Whether one coil or 2, I still got slight leakage/seepage around the AFC ring.
    Enough to be annoying. Have tried wicking it tighter but get dry hits every so often, if chain vaping and still notice juice around the base of the tank.
    I do love the form factor of the mini, lowish profile, big enough build deck, great flavour. A real pity about the slight seepage

It sits on the shelf now, to be revisited one days.
    Unless someones got advice?
    The trick with the tanks that wick this way is to use lots of cotton (a tight wick) and cut it long enough to just barely reach the bottom of the ports, but then you *thin* the wick out on the ends. If you were to jam all that cotton in there it won't wick, and if you don't have enough cotton it floods. There's definitely a knack to it.

Try cutting the wick to the bottom of the channel, then cut the wick at an angle. You can vary the amount of wick that goes in the channel by changing the angle of the cut end.
    helixx likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Try cutting the wick to the bottom of the channel, then cut the wick at an angle. You can vary the amount of wick that goes in the channel by changing the angle of the cut end.
    Roger. Will have a play with it this week.

AVF Regular
    Since writing this I have had no leaks. So in my mind it was an issue with the seal blocking off the chamber I was not using. So happy now I can use my tank & 12 volt mod. Yipeeeeeeeee
    helixx likes this.

Nut
    AVF Regular
    Has anyone tried the Griffin 25 Plus? Any reports on whether the new juice flow system has eliminated the leaking?

AVF Regular
    Rewicked my 25 mini today. Concentrated on wick length (just long enough) and thinning out the density. Once the chimney is on the wicks can squash up a bit. Vaping like a champ. It was the missus' tank really, she complained about seepage around the afc. Then I got her limitless plus and she hasn't gone back(she got a red and blue now) But I might commandeer this for myself. Normally use avo 24 for work. Will run this for a bit just to mix it up.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk