AVF Regular

Aspire triton to seminole g24 - not keen

In my quest for better flavour, clouds and reducing cost on coil heads, I recently bought a seminile g24 rda. I used a 3.5 ohm spaced clapton single coil from the demon killer 7 in 1 violence coil kit with cotton bacon wicking.

It seems to spit and the wide bore drip tio is like breathing through a ventilation hose.

Can anyone please suggest a build and rda that would have a more restricted airflow but not too much and not too hot?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    You won't necessarily get better flavour with that. It's an RDA primarily designed to take crazy builds and blow huge clouds of vapour.

Having said that, I think you should try single coil mode. You'll need to undo the chuff cap and spin it round so only one hole is open. Maybe keep it closed down a bit so It's just round.

Try a contact coil about 0.6 to 0.8 ohms and see how you go.

Yes claptons can be spitty if they over saturate. Turning them down usually makes it go away, but your ramp up times are longer. I don't like claptons for flavour either - they are mostly for thick clouds IMO.

If you'd asked first, people might have suggested other things than an RBA for you. One solution might be an RTA like the Goblin mini V2 I'm using. Very impressive flavour. It's a cow to build on though.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    I did use the single hole function thanks. It seems that there is a lot of differing opinions on vaping setups. I also did question my choice of coil resistance (the coil pack was an impulse buy from the vape shop and only went up to .35 resistance).

So you think an rta has better flavour, what about an rdta? I hear the likes of rip tripper on youtube championing the flavour of rda's over rta's and I don't know why I am pushing forward with the rda but it just seems easier to build on.

I am challenged on building skill due to my novice level, hence the pre-made coils - what is a contact couk and could you suggest any coils available online that are higher restitance?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by martybaker View Post
    I did use the single hole function thanks. It seems that there is a lot of differing opinions on vaping setups. I also did question my choice of coil resistance (the coil pack was an impulse buy from the vape shop and only went up to .35 resistance).

So you think an rta has better flavour, what about an rdta? I hear the likes of rip tripper on youtube championing the flavour of rda's over rta's and I don't know why I am pushing forward with the rda but it just seems easier to build on.

I am challenged on building skill due to my novice level, hence the pre-made coils - what is a contact couk and could you suggest any coils available online that are higher restitance?

I think the main thing with RDA's is the amount of vapour. It would be pretty hard to miss the flavour with that much vapour.
    Compared to older stuff that was on the market years ago, RDA's always were better at flavour because of this.

Technology has moved on though, and we are starting to understand that for flavour you need to concentrate the vapour - on a big RDA that will normally mean having a chuff cap with a conical cross section, and a slightly smaller diameter mouthpiece. Some RDA's come two caps - the cloudsbro one and the flavour one (eg the Recoil is one that comes to mind) There's also aftermarket chuff caps available.

I'm not sure I'd recommend an RDA and dripping for the reasons you gave for changing. Going from a Triton MTL tank to a really big and airy RDA like that is like polar opposites. Bit like my brother - my parents gave him a Morris 1100 for his first car. It needed first gear to get round corners. As soon as he could buy his own car he bought an eight litre Pontiac. He only had it a month before it failed to follow the bend on a dirt road and slid gracefully into a tree. Too much car LOL

Nothing wrong with RDA's though - you might have finished there anyway, so I guess you might just be cutting out the messing about. Steep learning curve though...

To answer your specific questions: Some RTA's have better flavour than Some RDA's. Not all though, and not even most. What they are though is more user friendly and you are more likely to get consistent results. They have smaller chambers and higher velocity airflow, so are a bit more forgiving and the modern well designed stuff gives excellent flavour. An RDA like that, you push the button and suck like billy-o on it. If you let up on it, it can get spitty, or taste burnt. Turning it down may work, but there's a limit how low you can run it and still get any flavour because of the size of the chamber.

A round wire contact coil has all the turns of the coil touching the next one. The reason I recommend it is because it's a good compromise between flavour and vapour. Claptons and some of the fancy builds are NOT necessarily better for flavour.

Running a dual coil build in that RDA will give you twice as much vapour and flavour, but get it running nicely with one coil first. Once you get that sorted, you'll be ready for two coils.

RDTA's are a bit of a mixed bag. They are more like running an RBA but you don't have to drip. You can still drip in them though... hence the mash-up of a name. You could try the avacado - people who have them speak highly of them.

Vaporstate came up in vapeassist as having higher ohm prebuilt coils. I've never bought from them, but other vendors should have coils that aren't so low. A higher ohm coil will probably run at lower watts, and will be a bit more manageable for you at this stage. Two of them as a dual coil setup up will be very nice.

If you can get someone close to you to give you a coil building tutorial you'll find standard coils only take a moment to make and you'll never buy another coil again.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 04-11-16 at 09:03 PM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Thanks, I'm the only vaper I know unfortunately. I will try the coils from vaper state, then build my own. I just don't have much time on my hands with my other hobbies but I will probably do my own coils down the track.