Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Vaporesso cCell vs EUC (vs. other ceramic coil/tanks)

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Question Vaporesso cCell vs EUC (vs. other ceramic coil/tanks)

So I'm not one for cloud chasing, I'm investigating how to get the best flavour (its subjective in terms of juices, but I think can be objectified among the same juice and the same person's opinion of that juice, among different coils).

I'm interested in ceramic coils because various people have commented that they enhance or bring out the flavour better than equivalent cotton coils would.

If anyone has either of the Vaporesso tanks and/or uses the ceramic coils would be interested to hear your thoughts on them. Or other ceramic tanks you're using that look good.

Heh, just bought a TFV4 and a TFV8 Baby, would be cool if I could find ceramic coils that would fit into either of these tanks, but, not optimistic, happy to buy yet another tank.

Oh, preference for TC coils, seems TC is much more fluid than I thought, some mods can do TC with different coils metals anyway.

Cheers, T5

AVF Regular
    I've been using the target pro with the Ccell coils for a little over two weeks and I absolutely love it. Comparing the flavour between the target pro tank and the nautilus X, the pro wins hands down. The flavour is so much cleaner imo and a single coil lasted two weeks as opposed to 1 and a bit with the naut X.

The only word of caution I'd have is there's two versions of Ccell coils out there one with no cotton visible from the outside (version 1) and one with 4 juice ports with cotton visible (version 2). The first version 1 coil I used was brilliant lasted two weeks with little flavour drop until the end. When I changed to another v1 coil it was rubbish. Despite soaking for close to an hour it gave a burnt taste with every hit. I've since changes to a v2 coil that came with the kit and it's back to being brilliant.

I'm very keen to try the new euc coils with the adapter to fit the target pro. $22 for 10 coils sounds pretty good to me. As opposed to $20 for a 5 pack.

Edit: I've been using the target pro tank in TC - the first coil was .5 SS and the v2 coil is a .6 SS

AVF Regular
    I have been experimenting with ceramic coils for my old fashioned but loved Nautilus/Silo collection... Nautilus coils 1.2ohm made by Ceravape.. and stocked by southerncrossvapers... and I like them. Flavour is crisp and clean but they are a drier vape. They can be dry burned to clean - and recoiled quite easily - if I can do it anyone can but they are a low wattage MTL tootle puffer variety

I also bought the Ceravape HygieaV2 - and with 0.9ohm coils - same bright crisp clean taste - but seems better with bigger airflow than the others and seems better with mints and 'clearer' ejuice.. not the rich n thick n creamy ones! The coils have the coil wire wrapped around a hollow ceramic tube and they say one coil will last for 3 months - I guess time will tell - but the take some getting used to and finding the sweet spot and not the burnt spot - but definitely a low wattage vape .. which kinda suits me but not many others!
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    Hey T5,
    I used the ccoils for a couple of months on the Target mini. Whilst the flavour is great, the 1.4 ohm coils just kept flooding on me or lasted about 3 days before giving dry hits. 0.5 ohm coils were heaps better and lasted about 10 days. I don't use these coils anymore and stick to RBA's. The reason why is that I don't trust them. The debate over the safety of ceramic got me questioning these coils and although the testing by Vapor Shark showed no observable particulates I was still concerned. I stumbled upon a review from DJLSB vapes (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWtnLXwhyQ4) and stopped using them that day. Go to 9min 15sec and see what his used cc coil looked like.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cpvaps View Post
    Hey T5,
    I used the ccoils for a couple of months on the Target mini. Whilst the flavour is great, the 1.4 ohm coils just kept flooding on me or lasted about 3 days before giving dry hits. 0.5 ohm coils were heaps better and lasted about 10 days. I don't use these coils anymore and stick to RBA's. The reason why is that I don't trust them. The debate over the safety of ceramic got me questioning these coils and although the testing by Vapor Shark showed no observable particulates I was still concerned. I stumbled upon a review from DJLSB vapes (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWtnLXwhyQ4) and stopped using them that day. Go to 9min 15sec and see what his used cc coil looked like.
    Well DJLSB vape's concern is that it broke up. If you use a pair of pliers on it, of course it will break up. These are low temperature ceramics, sintered to be porous. They are not very strong.

People have expressed concerns about silicosis as it relates to ceramics (including THAT spam email a competing manufacturer perpetrated). Silicosis is no more an issue with ceramics than it was for silica wick. Silicosis is an issue with crystalline sillica where workers are dealing with raw product. Any silicates that are manufactured are amorphous silica, which has no implications for silicosis.

DJLSB mentioned his allergies to these coils. I have no idea what that's about, but it's not the ceramic. I'm thinking if it's an actual thing, it's more likely to be residues from the manufacturing process. Dry burning before use might be advisable where possible.

ETA: reminds me more of Rip Tripper's dry knuckle problem than anything... LOL
    Last edited by fabricator4; 05-11-16 at 06:31 PM.
    Noe and Littleraf like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleraf View Post
    I've been using the target pro with the Ccell coils for a little over two weeks and I absolutely love it. Comparing the flavour between the target pro tank and the nautilus X, the pro wins hands down. The flavour is so much cleaner imo and a single coil lasted two weeks as opposed to 1 and a bit with the naut X.

The only word of caution I'd have is there's two versions of Ccell coils out there one with no cotton visible from the outside (version 1) and one with 4 juice ports with cotton visible (version 2). The first version 1 coil I used was brilliant lasted two weeks with little flavour drop until the end. When I changed to another v1 coil it was rubbish. Despite soaking for close to an hour it gave a burnt taste with every hit. I've since changes to a v2 coil that came with the kit and it's back to being brilliant.

I'm very keen to try the new euc coils with the adapter to fit the target pro. $22 for 10 coils sounds pretty good to me. As opposed to $20 for a 5 pack.

Edit: I've been using the target pro tank in TC - the first coil was .5 SS and the v2 coil is a .6 SS
    Cleaner, I've seen so many people use the word cleaner, but I don't really understand how this applies - you don't taste the cotton, or would it be fairer to say you taste it when it's there? I find that comment interesting, if you could elaborate that'd be awesome.

Very interesting about the Ccells and their versions, a video I saw commented that the cotton as a 'pre-wick' to the ceramic was a very good design, good to know you're using that version successfully.

Yeah that's why I wanted to see if the EUCs were twice as good, I must've found them the same place you did $2.25 a coil is fantastic if the coils are this good.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    I have been experimenting with ceramic coils for my old fashioned but loved Nautilus/Silo collection... Nautilus coils 1.2ohm made by Ceravape.. and stocked by southerncrossvapers... and I like them. Flavour is crisp and clean but they are a drier vape. They can be dry burned to clean - and recoiled quite easily - if I can do it anyone can but they are a low wattage MTL tootle puffer variety

I also bought the Ceravape HygieaV2 - and with 0.9ohm coils - same bright crisp clean taste - but seems better with bigger airflow than the others and seems better with mints and 'clearer' ejuice.. not the rich n thick n creamy ones! The coils have the coil wire wrapped around a hollow ceramic tube and they say one coil will last for 3 months - I guess time will tell - but the take some getting used to and finding the sweet spot and not the burnt spot - but definitely a low wattage vape .. which kinda suits me but not many others!
    Yeah I love that a dry burn can clean them, which is very useful when trying to try multiple different flavours / don't like the flavour you've put in there.

I have no idea how high in wattage or temperatures I'll go, I'm still on my wee T22 at 14W fixed, that'll change with the next mod, but I have a feeling I won't go above 50W... Although in TC mode its a completely different ball game really in terms of watts.

To the others talking about the residue or particle concerns, I'm reading about this, but I'm no more concerned about this then to getting popcorn lung from trying the wrong flavour of eliquid with diacetyl in it. There are risks, probably risks with everything.
    Last edited by Titanium5000; 05-11-16 at 07:50 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post

Its interesting. Hubby used the ccell coils and they lasted months. He vapes mints and menthols and they are high PG (70) but to be honest they would have lasted longer if i hadn't made him switch them for cleanliness sake.

You should be getting much higher longevity from them.
    steve.c and 1ynne like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    I've been using the .9 Kanthal/Ceramic Ccell coils and they are great. Highly recommended because they work well, eliquid tastes great and they have lasted for yonks.

AVF Regular
    I agree with XX it should be months with vaporesso coils not weeks, one of mine has been going for 4 months and is still white on the cotton and inside but it has only had clear juice through it

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium5000 View Post
    Cleaner, I've seen so many people use the word cleaner, but I don't really understand how this applies - you don't taste the cotton, or would it be fairer to say you taste it when it's there? I find that comment interesting, if you could elaborate that'd be awesome.
    Yeah it's pretty much that you can notice a cotton tastes when it's there. By cleaner I guess I mean closer to the actual taste of the juice - if you put a tiny drop of it on your tongue. I also think this has to do with the coil not being in 100% contact with the liquid - if you look how the Ccell coils are deigned.

I have no idea how high in wattage or temperatures I'll go, I'm still on my wee T22 at 14W fixed, that'll change with the next mod, but I have a feeling I won't go above 50W... Although in TC mode its a completely different ball game really in terms of watts.
    For me personally I use them in TC mode starting at 220C and then slowly over the course of the cycle I have to turn them up. On the target pro you have no wattage adjustment in TC but it does show the wattage being applied and for the .6 @ 220c it applies ~33watts. Where it goes from there is anyone's guess cos it's too hard to see the screen while vaping it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast