AVF Regular

Wicking problem with griffin 25

I have been trying to build on my rda and have so far had issues with wicking. I tried some clapception .35 ohm 3mm diameter coils in dual and single coil and also tried ni 200 in single at about .15 and 3mm diameter.

It seems that the holes to put the wick through are too small but from what I have read online a larger diametercoil is more suitable.

I am going to order some stainless online for tc but can get kanthal locally.

Hobart, Tasmania

AVF Regular
    Sadly at the moment I cant give you a detailed explanation. But later if your still having problems I will guide you in more detail. I am using coils with a 3.5mm dia in my Griffin 25. In the past I had many issues with the RTA. Leaks so bad a tank of juice was flowing out. All these problems were of my making. You need to make the wick tails just long enough to touch the bottom of the drip hole wells. You need to remove the ring and very carefully place the tails in the wells. When you get them neatly in the wells. Nothing spilling out around or below. Put the ring back on. Now put some juice to wet the wick. You can put your inner cap on & make sure you align the holes so there is proper juice flow. The wick fullness in these wells & holes ensures proper juice flow to the coil & ability to not flood & flow out of the RTA. I hope my quick message gets you in the correct way to build a successful vape. When you fill the tank & put the cap on do it slowly. In slow steps allowing the pressure to balance or you will force the juice up the wick & out the air hole's.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by martybaker View Post
    I have been trying to build on my rda and have so far had issues with wicking. I tried some clapception .35 ohm 3mm diameter coils in dual and single coil and also tried ni 200 in single at about .15 and 3mm diameter.

It seems that the holes to put the wick through are too small but from what I have read online a larger diametercoil is more suitable.

I am going to order some stainless online for tc but can get kanthal locally.

Hobart, Tasmania
    Yep, and more wick is better for the coil to, so it maintains contact with the coil.

What you do is cut the wicks *just* long enough to reach the bottom of the channels, then you cut the end off at an angle to thin it out. You control how much wick goes into the channel by changing the angle of the cut.

If you cut at too much of an angle you will get flooding, and if you don't cut enough it will choke and not wick properly. There's probably other ways, but this gives you a quantifiable tool to make adjustments and get results that can be replicated while still being quick and easy to build once you work it out.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    That's why I think all these tanks have a mind of their own!
    I don't do any of the things rodeo described.

I just shove the cotton into the wick holes with tweezers and fill it up.
    Don't get any leaking with 80vg blend.

AVF Regular
    What resistance do you use?

Hobart, Tasmania

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by martybaker View Post
    What resistance do you use?

Hobart, Tasmania
    dual claptons which come out at 0.30ohm