AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

What tank and does resistence improve flavour

Been vaping for about a year now started with a Kanger tech sub tank mini which I liked but had problems with leaking. A few months ago I started using a crown v2 and loved it , never leaked once but I've noticed the flavour production is really poor. Tried my mates Elo with the same juice I use in it and the flavour was amazing.
    Could it be the tank ? The other thing I was wondered was he uses 0.15 nickel coils in temp mode and I'm using 0.5 coils in temp mode. Could the lower coil be what's producing more flavour ?
    Any recommendations for a good tank that doesn't leak with good flavour ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Flavour is more to do with airfow, and the dynamics inside the atomiser than it is to do with just resistance. Lower resistance usually means the coil can be run at higher watts with much greater airflow, but whether this adds up to more flavour depends on other factors. Some MTL tanks that are designed for it can run with higher resistance and give the best flavour out there.

It's much more important to use a tank that suits your style of vaping, and then find one that works well. The subtank mini is a fair performer that is very flexible for both MTL and DL but the crown is I think more of a DL tank. It's possible if you are trying to MTL on it the flavour is a bit harsh (I haven't used one).

So to answer the question "which tank" we really need to know what sort of vaper you are. The thing with temperature control is it can save you from a little bit of the problems caused by trying to do MTL in something not really designed for it, by limiting the temperature of the coil in airflow situations that not ideal.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Flavour is more to do with airfow, and the dynamics inside the atomiser than it is to do with just resistance. Lower resistance usually means the coil can be run at higher watts with much greater airflow, but whether this adds up to more flavour depends on other factors. Some MTL tanks that are designed for it can run with higher resistance and give the best flavour out there.

It's much more important to use a tank that suits your style of vaping, and then find one that works well. The subtank mini is a fair performer that is very flexible for both MTL and DL but the crown is I think more of a DL tank. It's possible if you are trying to MTL on it the flavour is a bit harsh (I haven't used one).

So to answer the question "which tank" we really need to know what sort of vaper you are. The thing with temperature control is it can save you from a little bit of the problems caused by trying to do MTL in something not really designed for it, by limiting the temperature of the coil in airflow situations that not ideal.
    Thanks for your reply.
    I am a DL vaper looking for flavour and clouds. I usually vape a 80/20 VG/PG mix.
    But im also looking for a tank with minimal leaking problems.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbram View Post
    Thanks for your reply.
    I am a DL vaper looking for flavour and clouds. I usually vape a 80/20 VG/PG mix.
    But im also looking for a tank with minimal leaking problems.

Well the Goblin Mini V2 is a DL RTA that has outstanding flavour, but I'm not sure it's a good one to recommend to you for two reasons: The wick-in-the-channel system it (and others) use can leak if you get it wrong, and it's a cow to build because the grub screws in the posts are wire cutters. I'm trying to find some way to file the sharp edges off the screws so it isn't so bad.

The Subtank mini works great, and I've *never* had a leaking issue using the RBA. I even carry it in my pocket on plane flights. Some people seem to have a lot of trouble with the factory heads though, suddenly and for some unknown reason (it might have been a manufacturing issue that Kanger had some time ago).

Melo 3 is also great for flavour, but I found the stock heads are a little leaky - it seems to be top fill tank syndrome. Just trying the RBA in it as of this morning and so far it's OK, but I'll reserve judgement on flavour until I replace the factory build with one of my own.

You should probably also have a look at reviews for the Vaporesso Gemini, GeekVape Griffin, Crius V3 and the Cthulhu V2. Maybe the Uwell Crown as well.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Serpent mini is a great DL tank and great flavour, easy to build and the easiest tank to fill I have found so far. Been using it for 3-4 weeks now and no leaks, I keep mine in my pocket throughout the day (a lot of walking) might get a tiny amount of juice seep after moving around for a good 2 hours + I never close the air flow holes