Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By ausguitarman
  • 1 Post By toofargone
  • 1 Post By toofargone

Thread: Starre Pure or Something Else

AVF Regular

Starre Pure or Something Else

I've always had a brilliant experience with my Starre tanks but have moved on to RDAs and RDTAs.

I'm off on cruise shortly and am looking for a simple tank with good flavor.

Why I hear you ask lol.

Last time I went through security (a couple of months ago) I spent 45+ minutes explaining to them what the wire, tools etc are for to the point of just about winding a coil.

Never had a problem with tanks and coils before. This they seem to have a vague understanding of.

Can't be arsed with another pleasant experience like that again .
    Midrange is a TONE...not a 'drink driving' trophy... please help explain that to the kids.....

AVF Regular
    How many coils are you going to go through on a cruise? Can you premake some coils and leave most of the tools at home?
    ausguitarman likes this.

AVF Regular
    I thought about that but I usually plan for the worst .
    Midrange is a TONE...not a 'drink driving' trophy... please help explain that to the kids.....

AVF Regular
    Me too. I overpack just in case. Can never have too many pairs of undies.

Id just make up two dozen coils stick half in your carry on and half in your checked. And maybe a tank as backup. You may as well vape on what you love the best. Pack some tools in your checked. If you lose your checked you've got morevto worry about than your coils lol.

Sent using Tapatalk.
    ausguitarman likes this.

AVF Regular
    Definitely nothing like that in checked. The wife learnt that the hard way.

Dropped off luggage, hopped on, had the usual look around and waited for the luggage to show up. Hers doesn't.

After numerous phone calls and visits to the desk no one knows where it is or gives a shit, especially on the first day. She's pissed off.

Next day there's a phone message to call Security. Get there and he starts with "well madam we suspect you have contraband in you bag" and it went rapidly rapidly downhill from there.

Long story shortish, contraband was a hair straightener which actually isn't.

Never had a problem anywhere else in the world, only good old Sydney .

AVF Regular
    Yes, the paranoia level has gone through the roof.

I remember coming from Hawaii -> Sydney and the delightful TSA agents before we could check our baggage decided they wanted to go through it right in front of everyone.

Silly girl wasn't wearing gloves. Silly girl grabbed a handful of dirty underwear. I chuckled, she wasn't sure what I was laughing at.

AVF Regular
    A little follow up and a few thoughts on the Pure.

I watched all the utoob reviews etc etc and thought wtf and ordered two from VE a fortnight ago.

Dropped in the .5 ohm coils and fired up two of my regular flavors, Lemon Tart from The Steamery and Morris The Grape from VE.

I didn't get the instant flavor some talk about. It took about 5-6 tanks before (and I hate to say this) the coils broke in.

Best I could get out of it was 40 watts. Anything more than that and the drip tip gets too hot as I like to take 5-6 hits in a row.

The flavor is on par, probably even better than the Starre V2 I used before I got into rebuildables. The V2 is what I have recommended to many as a great tank. I still have many different sub ohm tanks and just found the V2 gave me the best flavor. The Crowns were easier to refill but just didn't have the flavour.

I can taste the vape getting better and think that at 50 watts (max rating for the .5 coil) and it might start to produce the flavor some talk about.

Coming back to a tank from an Avo 24 I found the airflow slightly restrictive. I knew this before I bought it. Nearly closed you might be able to MTL but I had to remember how to MTL again. I use it wide open and get nice flavor and cloud production.

So I've used it for a fortnight solid, day in day out. Started to get some funky taste this morning from the Lemon Tart (ADV). Got home, quick rinse and had a look at the coil. Still looks good so I've given it a good rinse out and will let it dry. Not that I'm a tight arse but I want to further test the longevity of the coil as it's supposed to be rated for aeons apparently.

These things are bullet proof. No leaks, no gurgles, easy to fill, easy to rinse and change the coils.

Some of the older Starre coils I used to get 3 weeks out of, the newer ones were a week tops so 2 weeks is ok in my books.

I'll probably drop the .2 coil that also came in the box but the high wattage required to fire this up worries me with the drip tip temperature.

AVF Regular
    Glad you're happy with your choice Enjoy your cruise! Don't forget to pack your swimmers and suncream!