Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Help with choosing a Mod

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Help with choosing a Mod

Hi all ,
    So I'm a bit confused on how to choose a new mod. My problem is I don't really understand the major differences between mods. Realistically they all do the same thing right ? But some range from different range of output and temps ?
    Well anyway , I'm looking for a temp control mod to run with my Uwell crown v2 and Melo 2 tanks. I'm running 0.15 nickel coils in the melo and 0.25 ss coils in the Crown. My main problem is battery life. I'm a heavy vapour ! Some days I rarely put the thing down for more than 20 mins. So I go through a lot of battery. So far I go through a fully charged tc100 coolfire in temp mode and MVP 3.0 Pro in wattage mode in about half a day. When one is dead it's charging while I use the other.
    So I'm looking for something that's going to last the maximum amount of time as possible but don't really want to go into the $200 + range. Any help advice would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    If you want temp control control and battery life, youre going to narrow things down for yourself by probably looking for a dual 18650 temp control mod. and get several sets of batteries, and i dont care if it says you can charge batteries in the mod, for dual battery and more mods...external charger

I get a day and a bit out of a single battery, but thats me and im not running a Crown tank...and if youre running an MVP3.0 Pro (my first mod was one fo these) out in half a day (with its big lipo battery - which when they get low just fall off a cliff...theres no downward curve on those ), then I will suggest looking at things like some of the Smok mods, like the Alien, G-Priv and H-Priv - all dual battery, for starters. they also have a G320 now...3 batteries. I use a Smok TreeBox 99.9% of the time (i dont talk about it much on here, but its a single battery mod - gets me on average through a day and a 1/4 in tc mode on a 3000mah 30q 18650) and the temp control has never let me down (and its an un-upgradable mod, unlike the other Smok mods i refer to). I prefer it and its temp control implementation over my much more expensive DNA200 mod...of all the temp control mods/brands ive had ..SX Mini, DNA200, for me personally Smok does temp control best for an everyday user. no locking of resistance nonsense, no refinement like DNA200/75/60. Just works.

Thats my five cents worth...

Some linky poo, for a look see (warning, bonkers chinglish is always a feature of Smok mod blurbs)

H-Priv - SMOK® Being with you for all great vaping time!

G-PRIV KIT - SMOK® Being with you for all great vaping time!

Alien Kit - SMOK® Being with you for all great vaping time!

G320 Kit - The Powerful Marshal - SMOK® Being with you for all great vaping time!

Even though it says "kit", you may be able to buy just the mod itself from some vendors

Regardless of what you find or like, when youre looking to see if you can get it locally, try searching on vapeassist.com, if its available locally, this site will give you results in low to high ranking

Not everything is available locally, if you find something you like and its not locally available, feel free to ask where you might get it cheap online overseas
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 19-11-16 at 05:31 PM.
    Noe, CCVaper, helixx and 1 others like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    What about some triple battery mods;

Eleaf iStick 200W The iStick does have tcr mode and is firmware upgradeable.
    The Council of Vapor Tempest 200W (no tcr mode I believe)

I don't think think the tempest quite matches the iStick in TC mode though.

Plus i'm not an authority on TC mode as I only vape in VW mode.
    Last edited by toofargone; 19-11-16 at 05:50 PM.
    Noe likes this.

AVF Regular
    The reason I lean towards Smok gear is that it does have tcr mode - good not only for adjusting for differences in ss wires, but a bit of future proofing if new ss grades or other wires become available, and because I've used them personally for over a year

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Lets Vape likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Handy shopping links:

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbram View Post
    My problem is I don't really understand the major differences between mods. Realistically they all do the same thing right ? But some range from different range of output and temps ?
    there are lots of variables

some of the newer boards let you program temp control with how quick it heats etc

firing delays vary a lot, some mods are all but instant, others you press "fire" and can pretty much read war and peace before the vapour starts to come out
    stylemessiah and Lets Vape like this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Smok has some pretty good gear, the X Cube Ultra is an awesome mod. Vape at night with the lights off and you have your own disco
    Lets Vape likes this.

AVF Regular
    I didn't mention that specifically because of the bloody disco light...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Lets Vape likes this.

Handy shopping links:

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    I didn't mention that specifically
    Or that it vibrates :P

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Hey all , thanks all for the replies. Lots of info there for me to get started. Also lucky there is a bloke near me who sells a lot of Smok gear so I can look at it in more detail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    stylemessiah and Lets Vape like this.

AVF Regular
    Only downside to the Smok X Cube Ultra is the advertised bluetooth over the air system sucks.. They even pulled the app from the google play store. I found a copy and installed it anyway... certainly didn't work as advertised.

But it vibrates and has diso lights, so that makes up for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast