Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fabricator4

Thread: Help with sapor rta build

AVF Regular

Help with sapor rta build

Ok so had my sapor for over a month now and decided to put my first build in. Looked at this u tube video of sapor build

https://youtu.be/FhA7jBsy4h8

and have both coils glowing evenly just below airflow and running at .17 olm at 2.76 v at 40w .This part of the journey took me abot 30 mins for my first time. So onto wicking he doesn't do such a good job at explaining this. Looking for tips on how tight to twist the cotton got the length part and fluffing part down but how tight to twist i got no idea any tips would be great thx all.🖒

AVF Regular
    What type of cotton are you using?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Was all from the what came with the sapor kit. I think they r tiger coils that come with it. But just opened the cotton looks like it has rubbish all the way through it bits of i don't know what. I got to go to my local store tomorrow will buy some new wicking thier. Any recommendations heard bacon v2 is pretty good but u guys know way better than me any suggestions

AVF Regular
    first time I've seen a Sapor video but have a search on Griffin 25 and they are both identical.
    The Griffin wicking is basically the wick ends rests on the wicking ring, thats it like that Sapor video.

Trevor Jones like most reviewers waste too much wicking. I can do 2 coils for that single wick he used.
    If anyone thinks cotton is cheap then you haven't spent much on Supima cotton (nor tried it).

Your Question:
    The wicking tension inside the coil should be neither loose nor tight, so you need to practise on it until you achieve your preference.

Practise on an RDA as they are easy to set up and disassemble. RTAs need fiddling with tanks, juice flow control and proper sealing.

AVF Regular
    Sweet tnx mate i have a rda coming in the next few days so might hold off on the rta and practice on the rda if im reading between the lines. As for cotton i don't want cheap sht but don't want to go over board as well.

AVF Regular
    the logic behind that excessive length of wick is that it'll be quicker for you to find the right amount thickness, fluffiness, tension and length. Its a good starting point to follow if you're practising on wicking then you make slight reduction on length on the 3rd, 4th, 5th tries.

The twisting part is just threading wick into the coil if thats what you're asking too. Theres not much into it.

Cotton Bacon, Cotton Candy and Kendo Gold are probably alike. I've have and used Kendo Gold and its good.
    Muji is the cheapest...best for practising but awful in taste once you've trained you tongue with better cotton.

AVF Regular
    Ok guys and girls just put in my first wicking and am vaping on my sapor rta. Is running at.16 olm /2.47v at
    38.2w. So far no dry hits and isn't leaking . My question is is it normal for a rta to pop getting no spitback in my mouth at all but is making a quiet loud popping sound, is this normal. As for flavor i probably prefer my cleito but will try a few different flavors and see if i can notice any different. I am also finding at say 45w that it's a very hot vape will taking up the olms on a new build help with this. Any advice would be great thx all.��

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny76 View Post
    Ok guys and girls just put in my first wicking and am vaping on my sapor rta. Is running at.16 olm /2.47v at
    38.2w. So far no dry hits and isn't leaking . My question is is it normal for a rta to pop getting no spitback in my mouth at all but is making a quiet loud popping sound, is this normal. As for flavor i probably prefer my cleito but will try a few different flavors and see if i can notice any different. I am also finding at say 45w that it's a very hot vape will taking up the olms on a new build help with this. Any advice would be great thx all.��
    How much it pops and crackles can come down to how much wick you put in it, the type of coil, the juice, and how hot you run it.

My first suggestion would be to use a bit more cotton on the next build. Popping is not uncommon if the wick is not in tight enough contact with the coil because loose space in the cotton fills with juice, which starts to boil when the coil heats it up.
    Danny76 likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Ok cool but will it also do this if thier is to much i had quite a hard time getting it in as the coils (pre built ) r very small in diameter. I ended up using a baby screw driver the ones that have the metal handles maybe 2ml to get a touch bigger diameter in the coil. So getting a roll of cotton in thier was quite a challenge. Used a Scottish roll is thier a better way or rolling ur cotton. Tnx bud

AVF Regular
    Ok cool but will it also do this if thier is to much i had quite a hard time getting it in as the coils (pre built ) r very small in diameter. I ended up using a baby screw driver the ones that have the metal handles maybe 2ml to get a touch bigger diameter in the coil. So getting a roll of cotton in thier was quite a challenge. Used a Scottish roll is thier a better way or rolling ur cotton. Tnx bud