Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Strong throat hit setup ideas please

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Strong throat hit setup ideas please

I want to get a good strong throat hit like smoking a blunt but without the harmful chemicals / nicotine, any suggestions?

I currently own a Vision Spinner 1300 mAh battery and an iClear 30 @ 1.8 ohm tank
    I am vaping with 80 pg / 20 vg 0 mg ejuice and have the battery maxed out at 4.8v which is 13 watts calculated

As I have become more used to vaping I feel that 4.8v / 13 watts is piss weak since I use no nicotine in my ecig.

I want to get a new mod with a built in battery at least 40w I'm wondering if I need to get a new clearomizer / atomizer as well

Cheers

AVF Regular
    One of these will do the job better than the iClear: eGo AIO - Joyetech

Use coils over 1 ohm, but not much over. Get a range to try if they are available.

An equivalent tank that will do the same thing on a VW mod would be the Aspire Nautilus

Just about all of the regulated single battery mods do VW well these days, and will work well with most things. You don't really need much more than 20 watts to do that style of vaping - mouth to lung (MTL) with a tight draw and big throat hit.

If you want something a bit more flexible that will do direct lung (much more airflow and vapour) consider something like the Kanger TopBox. It will do mouth to lung as well, but the adjustable airflow is a bit loose for some people. I think you should at least consider this path, because sometimes you don't know until you try it (I knew, most of the older MTL stuff was way too restricted for me).

Menthol is great for throat hit. Even if you never liked menthol before, a strong menthol can really do it for some people.

Also consider if it's not the nicotine hit that you are missing. I'm not saying you should start using again if you don't want to, but nicotine is about as bad for you as caffeine - it has similar effects on the body, and does not cause cancer or any of the other nasty stuff associated with burning tobacco. I don't really want to stop using nicotine because of the beneficial effects of nicotine, especially on the ageing brain and nervous system.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 27-11-16 at 04:06 PM.
    studiovape, Redfred and Legion like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Maybe check out an all in one kit like this? Joyetech eVic AIO VT 75W Kit - Free Shipping! | TC Mod | Vapoureyes I personally don't like built in battery's i prefer being able to swap it out whenever i want - but that's just my opinion

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Genesis atomiser, set the airflow so it isn't directly aligned with the coil. If you're after TH, this is the best way to get strong TH.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Genesis atomiser, set the airflow so it isn't directly aligned with the coil. If you're after TH, this is the best way to get strong TH.
    ^ this.

and mix 24mg nic juice.

Quote Originally Posted by lheamfrg View Post
    ^ this.

and mix 24mg nic juice.
    No nicotine thanks.

AVF Regular
    Flavourart has a product called flash that is an eliquid by itself designed to give you throat hit without nicotine. I haven't tried it so I can't say if it works.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Flavourart has a product called flash that is an eliquid by itself designed to give you throat hit without nicotine. I haven't tried it so I can't say if it works.
    Is it 100 % PG?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaporeon View Post
    Is it 100 % PG?
    I presume so.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

I'll probably get some 100% PG juice tomorrow.

I'm looking at two mods in particular the MVP 3.0 Pro 4500mah and the Eleaf iStick 50w 4400mah

Which would be more reliable. Both have simular specs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast