Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Recommend an RDA

  1. #1
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Narre Warren North, Vic.
    Posts
    2,689

    Recommend an RDA

    I have been struggling some days to vape enough and get enough to keep my UC at bay, I don't want to up from 10mg. So been thinking about getting an RDA for those times I need a hit. But my desires/needs make it hard to choose.

    I need (or should that be I like)

    Up to 25mm
    Prefer velocity style deck
    High air holes to avoid leakage as I know I will overdrip
    Good flavour over cloud but cloud is nice too
    Suit DL but not massively airy, similar airflow to TFV4 would be nice.
    On a budget, no more than 50 would be nice, a bit over OK but no 100 RDA's
    Genuine
    Au stock

    Should be enough of a list to make people think hard
    Please let me know your recommendations.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

  2. #2
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Toowoomba (West)
    Posts
    7,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Cams View Post
    Should be enough of a list to make people think hard
    I'll say, especially insisting that it be genuine. It removes a whole swag of excellent copies in your price range of very good RDAs like the NarDA clone I'm now using for flavour testing.

    It's single coil, deep well, flavourful, DL but not crazy airflow, and I think only the original designer would be able to tell the difference. Originals retail at over $200 (I think) and are special list stuff. Some guy tried to flip one in the classies for $500 a few weeks back (reception was NOT good).

    Fair enough if you want to go with a dual coil unit, but at less than $20 from Fasttech it would be my recommendation
    Cams likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

  3. #3
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    738
    Yeah but painting your VW bug red and sticking an ebay Ferrari sticker on it just isn't the same :P
    Cams likes this.

  4. #4
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Narre Warren North, Vic.
    Posts
    2,689
    And I'd like to add smooth airflow and delrin drip tip (don't like steel tips)

    I know the Tsunami is around 40, that price bracket is fine but there are little niggly bits I don't like about it.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

  5. #5
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Narre Warren North, Vic.
    Posts
    2,689
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    I'll say, especially insisting that it be genuine. It removes a whole swag of excellent copies in your price range of very good RDAs like the NarDA clone I'm now using for flavour testing.

    It's single coil, deep well, flavourful, DL but not crazy airflow, and I think only the original designer would be able to tell the difference. Originals retail at over $200 (I think) and are special list stuff. Some guy tried to flip one in the classies for $500 a few weeks back (reception was NOT good).

    Fair enough if you want to go with a dual coil unit, but at less than $20 from Fasttech it would be my recommendation
    I could consider single coil, I was looking at the Hadaly, a little pricey though and bottom airflow.

    Quote Originally Posted by toofargone View Post
    Yeah but painting your VW bug red and sticking an ebay Ferrari sticker on it just isn't the same :P
    I have 2 clone Lethal RDA's, They have Lethal on them, but I know they are clone.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

  6. #6
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    174
    I've got stacks of RDA's, both clones and originals.

    For originals these are my weapons of choice: Double Vision and Glacier although I use the Glacier 2 atm.

    I also have many clones from Fasttech and for around $10 and under it's a great way to try different RDA's.

    Double Vision. These little Velocitys are a cracker.
    Cams likes this.
    Midrange is a TONE...not a 'drink driving' trophy... please help explain that to the kids.....

  7. #7
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,830
    Have you considered an RDTA like the avocado or ijoy limitless. that over dripping is impossible.

    I haven't got one but heard people rave about them and I'm considering (searching for a DigiFlavor Siren - not for you as it's an MTL atty)
    Cams and ausguitarman like this.

  8. #8
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleraf View Post
    Have you considered an RDTA like the avocado or ijoy limitless. that over dripping is impossible.
    Yep I have two an avocado 24 and limitless. Both excellent performers.
    Cams likes this.

  9. #9
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    174
    Avo is also a great suggestion.

    I use Avo's during the day at work and drip at home.
    Cams and helixx like this.
    Midrange is a TONE...not a 'drink driving' trophy... please help explain that to the kids.....

  10. #10
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Toowoomba (West)
    Posts
    7,897
    Quote Originally Posted by toofargone View Post
    Yeah but painting your VW bug red and sticking an ebay Ferrari sticker on it just isn't the same :P
    If the only practical difference between the Ferrari and VW was the price (badges already provided) and some magical waiting list that you beg to get on you'd be crazy to pay $300,000 when you can buy the same thing for $30,000.

    Even if I wanted to buy a real one I wouldn't know how to go about it.
    Cams likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 08:44 PM.