Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Evic Aio gone mad

AVF Regular

Evic Aio gone mad

Three days after the 90 day guarantee ran out my Evic Aio has a faulty board or chip problem. It won't turn on or off it just stays on the clock & settings screen & the light in the tank is permanently on. When I press the fire button & + button the screen goes into the coloured light menu & madly scrolls between all the settings & only stops when I press the fire button but starts again as soon as I take my finger off the fire button. When I remove the battery & reinsert it the watts zoom up to 56.6w every time, if I unscrew the atomiser out of the tank as soon as the coil loses contact the watts zoom up to 75w but the mod never fires.
    There's 3 or 4 videos on strange chip behavior on Youtube but I can't find a great deal with a Google search. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e89Z7OtoHuY&t=5s
    I really liked this mod & wonder if it would be a silly move to buy another one hoping the chances of me getting another bad one is slim or once bitten twice shy & keep away from it. What you you lot think?
    I have flashed the firmware to the latest V5 & then back to V4 but it doesn't change anything. I suppose I can use it as a clock though:-)
    Stomp likes this.

AVF Regular
    If it was purchased from an Australian vendor you should contact them and see if they will help you.

Technically you have 12 months warranty under ACCC rules/regs regardless of what the manufacturer and retailer say (does not apply to perishable items and consumables, but certainly would on hardware). Since the manufacturer probably won't warrant it for them except under exceptional circumstances it would be out of their own pocket. Yay China.

My advice is see what they say.

And to answer your question, do you like the mod enough to spend the cash on another one? How much per week did it cost you to own it for 12 weeks? If there's a known issue then it's probably just a matter of time - 3, 6, or 12 months, it could be quite variable.

Joyetech usually put out good stuff, but they all have a lemon every now and then because this stuff goes from prototype to production so quickly to be the first on the market. I can recommend the VTC mini, or rather the replacement for it the VT Two or whatever they call it. I have two as my daily beaters.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 03-12-16 at 06:58 PM.
    Dymo316 and rodbam like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    double post
    Last edited by Dymo316; 03-12-16 at 09:46 PM.

AVF Regular
    @fabricator4, Have a look at this https://ecigify.com.au/pages/shipping-returns I got stung by this dude when mod died about 2 mnths down the track...

I also was a beleiver in the "ACCC rules/regs regardless of what the manufacturer and retailer say" and expected a replacement as the mod was defective. This shark has a B&M vape store in Tasmania, Mornington Tas. He operates out of some storage depot. He refused to replace my mod $150 worth.

Told me to read his website. WTF at the time he operated a store in Cambridge Park Tas, I tacked him to Belreive to try and get a replacement mod. I bought it in his store. There was no such warranty displayed and the manufacturers warranty was only 6 mths and the lowlife would not even honour that.

I went to our local ACC office and as soon as they heard it was a vape related product were not interested and I got no mod and no refund.
    Ok I saved money and bought a different mod from another supplier but I blew $150 on this prick.

He was origionally known as egcigarettes australia and has changed his name to ecigify https://ecigify.com.au/ People do not shop here.
    fabricator4 and rodbam like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dymo316 View Post
    I went to our local ACC office and as soon as they heard it was a vape related product were not interested and I got no mod and no refund.
    Sounds like the ACCC needs to be reported to the ACCC :facepalm:

At that point you lodge a complaint with the state ombudsman I think: Ombudsman Tasmania - Retailers and traders

No that doesn't mean you get your money back either. If they have an ABN the ACCC should have taken the complain seriously. The ACCC should have at least dealt with your complaint the same as for any other business. This is one reason I usually look for an ABN before I use a company's website - it's an indication they they are not a fly-by-night at least.

The ACCC has no problem about going ofter vape companies for making health claims (eg GoVape) so they should deal with them like any other business in this regard.
    Last edited by fabricator4; 04-12-16 at 09:51 AM.
    Dymo316 likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    Three days after the 90 day guarantee ran out.
    Masterful piece of product obsolescence!

Props to Evic ... (not).
    Dymo316 and rodbam like this.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    Sounds like the ACCC needs to be reported to the ACCC :facepalm:

At that point you lodge a complaint with the state ombudsman I think: Ombudsman Tasmania - Retailers and traders

No that doesn't mean you get your money back either. If they have an ABN the ACCC should have taken the complain seriously. The ACCC should have at least dealt with your complaint the same as for any other busingess. This is one reason I usually look for an ABN before I use a company's website - it's an indication they they are not a fly-by-night at least.

The ACCC has no problem about going ofter vape companies for making health claims (eg GoVape) so they should deal with them like any other business in this regard.
    Mate, had I known all this earlier, I would have done just as you suggested go to the ombudsman, alas, now its too much waster under the bridge, I have thrown the defective mod out and no longer have proof of purchase receipt. As you say there is no guarantee of recovery of funds expended. Suffice it to say there is no return business to that shonk from me and word of mouth advertising is sufficent.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Consumer guarantees can extend beyond manufacturers warranty under ACL.
    However in this case at 2 months you should have been covered by both.

I wonder if goose girl is involved with this bloke? Or if this is the bloke with the evil twin that was on here?
    Fatman and Dymo316 like this.

My wife always forgives me when she is wrong.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
    I wonder if goose girl is involved with this bloke? Or if this is the bloke with the evil twin that was on here?
    Maybe its triplets? the first two were James, this ones a Michael

( car salesman apparently .. that might explain things )
    fabricator4 likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Thanks Fab, The cost works out at $5 a week which sounds cheap when put like that. There are two reasons for wanting another Evic AIO, I like the vape with the 1.5ohm clapton juice control coils & also that I can use the broken one for spares. The problem is I'm won't be happy if the Evic Aio board problem is inherent in the design or the quality. I trusted this board because of the success of the Evic & Evic mini which everyone said had really good boards & the Evic Aio is much the same.
    I will have to think about this for longer.
    I normally buy my mods from local venders but when I was looking I could only get the black one at a decent price so I ended up getting a silver one from Fasttech which is the first mod I have bought from them but I don't think their mods are suspect at all.
    I'm not sure a local vender would do much after the manufacturers guarantee has run out & I don't have any faith in the ACCC doing anything.
    bugzme likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast