Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Crisscross

Thread: Reccommend a Rebuildable for my Girlfriend!

AVF Regular

Reccommend a Rebuildable for my Girlfriend!

So, my girlfriend loves her Nautilus mini, BDC and BVC tanks. She sets the draw on the mini to the tightest draw setting. I bought a Triton tank, plus 2 Triton rebuildable kits, thinking one would fit her nautilus mini. I was wrong, my lack of research led me to believe the Triton coils would fit the nautilus mini, but no, it's the Triton mini coils that fit! She's a low power vaper, 13-14 watts and has an extremely light draw. I can push the Triton with a rebuilt coil to 40W and chain vape without a single dry hit. I give it to her at 20W, and she gets a dry hit after the first hit, and it's wispy. She was never going to be happy with it anyway, it was too bulky for her.

I'm sick of forking out on coils, I want something I can rebuild for her! So, can someone recommend a rebuildable, such as the Triton, but petite and able to wick well with a light draw, all the while producing decent vapour at ~15W?

Haven't been buying anything new for a while, so I'm somewhat out of the loop. Hellfire Shorty with a 1.5mm air hole at 30W is bliss for me.

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kritikal View Post
    So, my girlfriend loves her Nautilus mini, BDC and BVC tanks. She sets the draw on the mini to the tightest draw setting. I bought a Triton tank, plus 2 Triton rebuildable kits, thinking one would fit her nautilus mini. I was wrong, my lack of research led me to believe the Triton coils would fit the nautilus mini, but no, it's the Triton mini coils that fit! She's a low power vaper, 13-14 watts and has an extremely light draw. I can push the Triton with a rebuilt coil to 40W and chain vape without a single dry hit. I give it to her at 20W, and she gets a dry hit after the first hit, and it's wispy. She was never going to be happy with it anyway, it was too bulky for her.

I'm sick of forking out on coils, I want something I can rebuild for her! So, can someone recommend a rebuildable, such as the Triton, but petite and able to wick well with a light draw, all the while producing decent vapour at ~15W?

Haven't been buying anything new for a while, so I'm somewhat out of the loop. Hellfire Shorty with a 1.5mm air hole at 30W is bliss for me.
    Rebuild her BVC & nautilus coils. I do it's the only way I can get BVC and nautilus coils with rayon wicking. Then you don't need to change anything tank wise

The other one is the ego one mega V2 (not the v1) takes rebuildable CLR coils and a lovely cheap tank.
    kritikal likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    The other one is the ego one mega V2 (not the v1) takes rebuildable CLR coils and a lovely cheap tank.
    I've got a V1 and that darn thing just plain works, and the coils/wicks are pretty easy to replace when needed. Packs of coils aren't expensive either if you go that route. Even the rebuildable coils are not even $20 for a 5 pack, so you can run them on rotation and rebuild a bunch at a time. That said, I can rebuild one of them in about 5 minutes or so, and I'm not racing anyone.

I've only got 2 faults with it, and maybe a 3rd and 4th.

#1, air control isn't great. It's either closed off tight (which is good) or wide open and not much in between. I'm always tweaking the airflow to have the smallest 'crack' of air coming through the vent as it's a little better that way, but a slope type air vent would give much greater control and I might have to try and do something about that.

#2, windows are pretty small and I've got close to running the tank dry without noticing. A small gripe, but one none the less.

#3, tank alone isn't exactly 'cheap'. If it was closer to US$20 than the US$30 I keep seeing them for, I'd grab another one. Looks like I can snaffle a V2 for under US$20, so that's what I'll try next.

#4, the V1 I have has an occasional 'weep' rather than a 'leak'. Comes out the vent slots, and usually only after refilling. This might be more user error than anything else though but the V2 looks like it uses basically the same setup. Seems to come back through the wick/coil and into the bottom of the thing. If it doesn't weep, it never seems to leak at all.

(I've got a Tron atomiser too. It was cheap, I was curious. All the good of the ONE in different 80's vinyl jacket and slatted shades style. i.e; ugly.)

I'll have to try and find the V2 to see if it cures the air problem. If so, it'd have to be a go-to for MTL folks.

I use 1 ohm coils with it and a 50/50 PG/VG liquid.

Anything else, I don't know. Most of the 'new' stuff I've got lends itself to lots of airflow and lots of clouds, but I do seem to be going forward with my procurement rather than taking any steps back. Nice to have good gear.

Stu.

AVF Regular
    They are exactly the issues that I had with the v1. The v2 fixes most of them.

Have a read of the Mouth to Lung thread

AVF Regular
    Hey Krit,

Hadaly is great variable choice MTL with clamp style posts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THl-CvDO-gg

There is also a good clone on SXK Hadaly Style RDA Silver 22mm Atomizer w/ Bottom Feeder Pin

Squonkable or standard comes with both pins and Gold Plated.

Use code MAP12542 for discount.

Grab urself one while your at it, you won't regret it.

AVF Regular
    After years of experimenting I do not think you can passed the Crown Uwell with RB coil. However ... some people just want perfection and an RBA will never be 100% as good as a manufacture coil.

AVF Regular
    For me the Crown RBA was the worst RBA id ever used, and then theres the high failure rate of the prebuilt Crown coils, not solved in the Crown v2 coils last i heard.

Combo tanks that use prebuilt coils and also offer a rebuidable deck, and work (at either or both), are very few. Ive never used prebuilt coils, so ive never tried one to use it as both, ive bought one that does both and just used the rebuildable deck (i.e. TFV4 Mini)

For dead easy rebuilds..access to coil(s)/ease of wicking.....GeekVape Avocado.....hands down. Theres a new one out soon with side fill...even easier....run it in single coil mode with the plug in, enjoy life

IJoy Combo RDTA is very similar...in tank mode
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 07-12-16 at 11:17 PM.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    She just has an EXTREMELY light draw, it's ridiculous. Anyway, I'm pleased to report that a rebuilt Nautilus coil is doing the trick thus far! It was my first build, and I used 28awg wire, 11 wraps. Learnt a few things along the way but she seems content with it ATM. next build I'll use 30awg and pack it differently. Cheers Crisscross for the save! I never realized the coils came apart so easily! was a 10 minute build (good for my first time) and it's going to save us $20-30 a month. With time, I'll get it exactly to her liking, but she's happy, so I'm happy!
    ...and I thought I was a discerning vaper! :P

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kritikal View Post
    She just has an EXTREMELY light draw, it's ridiculous. Anyway, I'm pleased to report that a rebuilt Nautilus coil is doing the trick thus far! It was my first build, and I used 28awg wire, 11 wraps. Learnt a few things along the way but she seems content with it ATM. next build I'll use 30awg and pack it differently. Cheers Crisscross for the save! I never realized the coils came apart so easily! was a 10 minute build (good for my first time) and it's going to save us $20-30 a month. With time, I'll get it exactly to her liking, but she's happy, so I'm happy!
    ...and I thought I was a discerning vaper! :P

No probs. I haven't bought a coil since I started doing them. I am even lazier in that I use Fasttech coils with NR-R-NR legs so the insulators will last. With rayon wicking and a mesh surround my coils last weeks rather than day/ although I still prefer the small holed version (hard to get old stock).

The thing that will go first are the insulators so as long as I us the NR-R-NR legs they last ages and in a pinch the ego insulators on Fasttech will work. They are a bit short for normal R wire.

If she wants a bit of a change of tanks.....there is always the kabuki, Vika tanks,

AVF Regular
    otherwise get a clone of the kayfun mini v3. Nice and easy to build, and a mtl draw too
    Current Mods
    • Triade DNA200
    • Therion DNA75
    • Broadside
    • Noisy Cricket V2
    • Punto Zero
    • Kimech
    • USV-L

Current Attys
    • Monster V3
    • Squape X
    • Kayfun V5